Brookdale Northwest Hills

Reviews of Brookdale Northwest Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Northwest Hills

December 20, 2013

By rkrevell

Summit at Northwest Hills Austin was in a great location. Aside from that, they have a locked memory care area as well as what I called "attended area" which was sort of unusual. Most places didn't have that. They did have options for living in an area that really didn't have a locked door but there was an attended entrance. So if somebody would be wandering that could be dealt with. Safety wise, it was not a concern at all. They have really nice rooms. Their residents seemed to be fine. They were all so very interactive with the staff. When we walked by, people were saying, "hi" – both residents and staff. When we were down in the lobby, there was a lady that was attending the entrance and she knew practically everybody by name. If it would have been time for us to go to a place, this one would be a really good option.

March 29, 2013

By inspire me

I visited Summit at Northwest Hills because I was looking for a place for my parents. The quality of the facility and staff was good. However, they had limited bedrooms with two beds and I could not separate my parents.

November 17, 2011

By reru8033

I have a friend who resides at this nursing home. She is my elderly friend and I visit her twice a month to keep her company. During my visit, I noticed some good things about this nursing home. The residents live in fully-furnished "apartments." The one my friend lives in is very well-furnished and clean. The residents are usually really nice and courteous. I hear that they get together for organized recreation activities. So the residents get to make friends easily and make their lives less lonelier. It's seems like a nice place to live, since the staff there help the elderly with housekeeping, exercising, cooking (restaurant-quality foods prepared by chefs), etc. I haven't met any of the staffs directly, but from my friend's well-kept room, I believe they do a pretty good job for the residents. The staff even help the residents with daily activities such as bathing, taking medication, and even dressing.

June 02, 2011

By AlleMy

Friend or relative of resident

I had a family friend who lived there for three plus years. He seemed to be very happy in the facility since he was a reclusive type person. Staff seemed to take their time when answering residents calls about medicine and other assistance. The facility overall is beautiful! The outside is well manicured with beautiful sitting areas and well decorated inside as well. The restrooms are VERY clean and apartments are roomy with beautiful corwn molding and views from the windows.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Northwest Hills

Questions about Brookdale Northwest Hills

What places are near Brookdale Northwest Hills or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

What transportation services does Brookdale Northwest Hills offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation for doctor appointments, scheduled outings including shopping trips, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Northwest Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

BKD NW Hills offers all day dining. They provide 3 meals per day, restaurant style in their beautiful dining room.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Northwest Hills offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour staffing, secured doors at night, wander guard

How does Brookdale Northwest Hills keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We communicate via the preference of the resident and/or family member. We also have resident and family council meetings and care plan meetings. we also have family nights.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Northwest Hills during daytime and nighttime hours?

Northwest Hills is unique in that we have 24 hour nursing coverage.

If Brookdale Northwest Hills accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and have walking paths around the community.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Northwest Hills provide to protect residents who wander?

Northwest Hills uses wander guard bracelets for residents that would benefit from extra support as well as a secured memory care community on site.

How does Brookdale Northwest Hills keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Northwest Hills. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

NW Hills sits in the neighborhood Hills of Northwest Austin with amazing views and centrally convenient to both downtown and North Austin. Our Memory Care is small and secured. The community is build on a hill and there is a beautiful wooded backyard for the residents to enjoy fresh air and nature.

Is Brookdale Northwest Hills affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We work with the hospitals that are the resident, family and physician choice.

Photos of Brookdale Northwest Hills

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Northwest Hills

• Dining Extra: Special Dietary Menus, Registered Dieticians, Dementia Friendly Menus With Selections That Are Easy To Manage And Familiar With Dishes That Promote Balanced Nutrition And Well Being

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: 50750

About Brookdale Northwest Hills

Brookdale Northwest Hills provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Our community features all day continuous dining, all day breakfast, and 24 hour nursing. We also feature our "Daily Path" memory care day program for assisted living residents to get help during the day if they are not yet ready for memory care placement.

Map of Brookdale Northwest Hills