Holiday Parkview in Allen

Reviews of Holiday Parkview in Allen

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday Parkview in Allen

September 29, 2020

By Cleta

I was trying to think of a word to describe my 2 days of being a resident at Parkview in Allen. I can truthfully say "Awesome"! Praise to all employees in all areas that fulfilled my needs.

September 16, 2020

By Staci

Wow! Just wow! Parkview has it "all" and much more! The staff is beyond outstanding. The food in this Covid time is 5-star quality. An apartment with a full kitchen, washer/dryer hook-up, walk-in closet, big shower not to mention maid service, towels and bedding included plus included a "call for help button." Finally the best!

October 09, 2019

By Joyce

We moved to Parkview in Allen. They have everything we could want like exercises and swimming. They offer anything that other communities have. The building has three floors, there are elevators, and it has very wide hallways for any kind of wheelchair. Everything is close at hand, although you do some walking to get from one place to the next. They also have a movie theater, a library, and a great dining room.

September 06, 2018

By Windel

Parkview in Allen was really a wonderful spot. It's clean, beautiful, and the people were great. The staff was friendly and nice, and have gotten back to me a few times. They just don't have a place for dogs and we have a little dog. They allow the residents to keep pets, but if you want to exercise the pet, you have to go somewhere else. They have a pool, a library, a bus that takes people places, and the parking is nice. They really do good upkeep out there.

Hello Windel, we appreciate you taking the time to visit our community. It's great to hear that everything went well during your visit. If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are more than happy to assist!

August 30, 2018

By SG

My grandmother will be moving into Parkview in Allen. It's good and the staff is great. The rooms are good and nice-sized. They have a pool and a community room. The dining setup seems adequate and well-spaced-out. They have field trips to stores and various shopping, games, and entertainers coming in, like singers and guitarists.

Hey! We are glad to hear Parkview in Allen was the right community for you. We hope your mother is enjoying her new home. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

July 02, 2018

By Ladawn

Parkview in Allen is the strongest contender right now. They are very friendly. We are impressed with the staff and the other residents who live there. The dining area looked clean and inviting. We didn't see activities going on when we were there, but I know they always have activities going on. We have been invited to several of them but we haven't yet been able to go.

March 14, 2018

By Sue

My sister moved into Parkview in Allen. It's excellent. She's in an apartment and it's excellent as well. They have swimming, they take people to activities, and they play Bridge. They do all kinds of things. They have a library and a beauty salon.

Hello Sue, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are happy to have your sister as a resident. We strive to help independent older people live better and are glad we are able to help your sister with this. If there is anything either of you need, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We hope to see you again soon!

August 21, 2017

By John

Parkview in Allen has a movie theater, a computer room, a gymnasium, and a swimming pool. The staff is excellent. The apartment is spacious. The dining area is like a restaurant. The place is all clean. It's excellent.

November 23, 2016

By Sharon407133

Parkview was very nice; the staff and people were very friendly. We liked it and really enjoyed it the most. I saw some exercises, playing cards, a group of ladies visiting, and the choir practicing. They brought in outside entertainment around once a month, and we enjoyed that. We also had lunch there, the food was very good, they put us with a man and a lady as hosts, and we really enjoyed it.

September 19, 2016

By Nan688801

We liked just everything about Parkview, and we toured the facility pretty well. The apartments were very nice, clean, and well-kept. We had lunch, and the food was good. It was just a good situation.

May 21, 2016

By MaryUXFHT

I moved into Parkview in Allen and like it very much. I'm happy, but it's too expensive. They do everything, which is great. The rooms and apartments are nice. I like the size and the way my things fit in my one-bedroom, so it's a good size for me, and it has a huge closet, which is important because I use it for clothes and storage. It's worked out really well for me, so I have nothing terrible to say. It's like anywhere else. The food is good with three or four choices so you can always find something you want to eat. They have a good housekeeping service that comes every week to clean. I think they're very good, and for the price, they offer a lot.

January 15, 2016

By Happy visitor20

I had a very good impression of Parkview. The staff is very good and accommodating. I would recommend them. The place is very clean, and the security is very good.

December 15, 2015

By Julie101552450

I’m staying at Parkview where I do exercises and physical therapy because I took a fall. The staff is very good. When I fell, the manager came and helped me stand back up. The room is kind of small because I picked the least expensive place. Some of the meals are good and some of the meals I don’t eat; the dining area is good. We do chair exercises and, today, I’m going to do my favorite activity: Zumba. It’s a Holiday community, and I like the fact that I can travel to other Holiday facilities. I would like more sidewalks for walking; they don’t have a lot of sidewalks. My friend decided that I should stay here because I know all of the people.

December 10, 2015

Parkview in Allen was very nice, clean, and very welcoming; I liked it. The people working there were very good.

November 15, 2015

By Tony27

We were looking for a sense of community, and we felt that we found it at Parkview in Allen. The two managing couples were great. It was a great first impression. We had a meal there, and the food was good. My mother was able to find the right apartment for her. She likes to play bridge and dominoes, and they have various activities there with a full-time social director who really helps keep the residents engaged. They have different game nights, movie nights, and once a week or once every other week, they go to a local restaurant. There are a lot of activities to get to know other people; however, she found the dining experience a little difficult because it was a little cliquish, so it was harder for her to break in.

June 29, 2015

By Caring108208150

We moved mom at Parkview in Allen. It's a really nice facility, and her apartment has this balcony that faces a pool. It's a really pleasant place. They offer three meals a day, and the apartment is really nice. It has a full kitchen. They have certain activities, but she doesn't like to participate much. They have a cleaning lady that comes in once a week and a nurse if she needs one. They also have this beautiful landscape, which is really nice. They would take her to Walmart and also to her doctor's appointment if she needs it. We just really like the people that we were dealing with. We had a little problem at the beginning, but she has been doing really well now.

May 22, 2015

By Brenda107929150

I was very satisfied with Parkview in Allen. We visited with the sales rep, and he took us around. He showed us several apartments that would adhere to where my parents are living in now, which is also a Holiday facility like Parkview. We really like the amenities that they offer -- the independent living, the food and everything. A plus was the 24/7 wife and husband team that live there, which really stood out. We were very happy with it. They're very personable and took time to answer all our questions. We got to meet the staff and even some of the residents that were living there. They were very open and it would seem like a very comfortable living atmosphere for everybody.

March 25, 2015

It's too large. The location is fine, it has nice surroundings, and it's a really nice place. They are more for people who can better care for themselves. Everybody has their own apartment. The staff was fine. There's nothing wrong with Park View; it just wasn't for my ex-husband. There's no personal care. Alzheimer's people wouldn't live well there.

Hi Caring103477650, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Parkview in Allen take our reviews very seriously, and your feedback is an integral role in improving our process. We appreciate your very kind words around our staff, surroundings, location, and it being "a really nice place." As you noted, however, this is not likely the best solution for somebody with Alzheimer's, as this particular community is an independent living community. We do appreciate you taking the time nonetheless to share your very kind feedback with us, thank you so much!

November 11, 2014

I was in Parkview for a year because I needed all the services. It was very nice. I had a roommate, and we shared a two-bedroom apartment. Everybody was friendly. You get all your meals prepared. The food was very good, and the dining room was very nice. They have Bingo, several different kinds of games, bridge club, domino games, there’s a pool table, and they have poker night. They have a swimming pool. Once a week they pick a restaurant, you just hop on the bus, they provide transportation for doctor’s appointment and shopping. It was wonderful for me. It’s like being in a resort or cruise. The staff is very good. I did not run into any problems.

August 29, 2014

We chose Parkview for the location, easy access to the major highway going either north or south, and the proximity to the community we have lived in for the last 16 years. The rooms were adequate and most types were certainly acceptable and good. We have a two-bedroom unit with two bathrooms. The staff are helpful. If you have maintenance needs, it’s easy to get that done and there’s light cleaning in the apartment every week. The food is getting better after they hired a new chef. We have a relatively new activities director -- she is a delightful person and is doing a good job. We have two or three game nights a week during the afternoon -- Bingo is one game that we play and on Monday night there usually is a good group downstairs playing 42. There’s Cribbage and Party Bridge twice a week, too.

April 23, 2014

Parkview in Allen is in a very good location. The facility is very nice. I like this one better simply because the residents can go downstairs, sit down at a table, and the food is served to them. The staff were helpful, and they did spend a lot of time with me to show me the facility. They were very informative about other resources for my mother.

January 31, 2014

The facilities at Parkview in Allen were extremely small. The dining room did look nice. However, their apartments were like 1000 square feet only. I didn't think we can move from a home to that small unit. Their working staff was very friendly. We had a very nice young man who took us around. Everyone was extremely helpful. Regarding their clients, all we saw were people on walkers and people who were quite handicapped. We didn't see a lot of people who were on their feet walking around or doing things. To us, it appeared more like assisted living. We did see the rooms and so forth, but it was not for us.

November 28, 2013

By Jane41

I'm a current resident of Parkview in Allen. I moved here in April. This was our choice because it was convenient to the rest of the family. I'm also located in the first floor, so it is convenient at just about everything. They provide good services. The staff is really nice and very cooperative. I don't eat dinner or breakfast but they deliver my supper to me. Supper is a sandwich, a soup or maybe a salad, just a light meal for the evening. I'm from the Northeast and I'm not used to a lot of southern food. I'm also not a good meat eater and I don't like really spicy or Mexican food, but in Parkview, food is good. My room is about as big as a large recreational vehicle. I'm not complaining since I don't walk that well either because of my hip surgery. If I have a complaint about this place it would be about housekeeping. They only have about 20 minutes a week that they come in and vacuum and dust rooms. Also it takes a lot of time to go down to the dining room but you have to be there half an hour before dinner is served. As a whole, Parkview is a nice place and if somebody would ask me if I would refer their parents to come here, I would say yes. It's absolutely a nice place.

September 13, 2013

By LovelyLady000413

Parkview in Allen is beautiful. The people that I talked to were very nice and informative and seemed to be willing to help me. They do exercises in the pool and they have a spa. The one thing that kind of set me back is that I'm not ready to have someone provide all my meals for me and you have to pay for that. I would have liked if they had offered kind of like partial meal plan. That was the only thing that I really did not like, but otherwise I really liked it.

June 13, 2013

By Abby2

Out of the 3 facilities that I have visited, I liked Parkview best. I like everything about it. It has everything I wanted and everything that I needed.

May 24, 2013

By Holly5

My mom stayed at Parkview in Allen. They were very accommodating to her, they did their best to make her feel welcome. They provided three meals a day, had an outdoor pool, and also allowed pets. She felt very comfortable but she was unhappy because she felt that everybody was too old.

Questions about Holiday Parkview in Allen

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday Parkview in Allen. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Outlet malls, local games, and shows.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Holiday Parkview in Allen has organized?

Casino, Trip to lavender farms, Frisco Rough Riders Game, outing to lunch and the Allen Library 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. Weekly breakfast club outing to local breakfast places.

What transportation services does Holiday Parkview in Allen offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday Parkview in Allen exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday Parkview in Allen offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday Parkview in Allen accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday Parkview in Allen work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday Parkview in Allen

Photos of Holiday Parkview in Allen

Services and Amenities of Holiday Parkview in Allen

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Electric, Gas, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered, Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday Parkview in Allen

Parkview in Allen is located in Allen, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Parkview in Allen for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday Parkview in Allen