Ann's Choice

Reviews of Ann's Choice

Assisted Living Reviews for Ann's Choice

September 20, 2018

By James

Ann's Choice Retirement Community has excellent facilities, is in an excellent location, and the staff is generally exceptional as well. The only thing is that they have a high entrance fee. They have a pool, shopping, and everything you need. The area was not too large. It was perfect in size.

June 10, 2017

By dd398

My parents are here The facility is clean and the rooms are nice. When you go into the dining room you are not allowed to sit just with your spouse. They insist that you sit in groups of four. This is demeaning and unpleasant for private people. In addition you are not allowed to take your leftover food with you from the dining room and when you order food to your room it is of a much poorer quality and the portions are very small. This forces you back to the dining room with its institutional policies.

May 30, 2017

By eileen308761

My cousin is in Ann's Choice, and she loves it. They went on a cruisem and when they came back, they said there were more things to do here and the food was better. I loved it too. They have everything that I want. They have a swimming pool, which I need for my legs, and an exercise room. They have trips, and it could be a day trip or for like 5 days; it could be a lot of things. I only saw her room, and it was very nice. They have big sliding doors on the first floor, and in the snow, I think it would be cold. I saw pictures of the other rooms, and I liked them better. They had the windows atop, and you could put more furniture in. Everybody on the staff seemed great.

January 08, 2017

By Gkg56

My mother lived there for 12 yrs. she had a beautiful apartment. But.... when her money started to run out we talked to the financial people. They were nasty and rude and said that we took my mothers money. We never touched her money. It was a nightmare!!!! I would NEVER recommend Ann's choice!!!

September 11, 2016

By visitor761582

My parents will move into Ann’s choice at the end of the month. The facility is clean, the staff is nice, and the residents there were also very nice. There’s a lot of places to sit along the halls if my parents are walking. The dining facility is nice.

July 20, 2015

By Fred31

My sister is living in Ann’s Choice, and it’s nice that each of the residents have their own apartments. It’s a larger apartment, they have their meals on a periodic basis, and their meals are very nice. They have tours that you can take from there, and they have a shop that some of the residents that donated tools. It's a very nice atmosphere, and it’s very nice every time we go there. My sister and her husband have a fairly large apartment; it’s a corner one, and they have views from both sides. It’s a 2-bedroom, but they use the one bedroom as a bedroom, and the other bedroom they use as an office. They have a nice living room and a kitchen too. I thought the dining room was very nice and comfortable; they don’t have assigned sitting or anything like that. You come in, you sit down, and they have young people that serve. Security was excellent. One time I went to visit here, I didn’t stop at the gate, and I think they recognized me, and they called up my sister to make sure that she knew I was coming in. It’s a nice place, and they do a good job.

January 29, 2015

By Larry46

One of the other major things for Ann's Choice is that they have a working medical operation. In other words, by having all these people here, the doctors can stay on the staff. They have medical doctors and nurses on the staff. The nurses are on 24 hours a day. They have their own nursing home and separate assisted living. They have their own medical providers. There is care like within 50 yards of your room. All the Erickson facilities have the same way of life there. They have a theater and indoor pool. The only thing I don't like so much is if you needed to go to an assisted living and you weren't living on the premises, you can go and you don't have to lay down the amount of money. But in my case, they don't return the money I put down even if I just moved over to the other building.

December 13, 2014

By Steven14

I visited Ann’s Choice. It was excellent; I liked it. If I was ready for a retirement home, that’s where I would probably go. I’ve eaten there; it was very good. There were choices. There was exercise and walking. I like the ease of getting into the place and the parking. You could still be able to unload whatever you wanted to unload from the car.

November 16, 2012

By John18

Anne's Choice is close to where I live. The rooms were fine. The staff was very good, very nice, and very thorough.

April 19, 2012

By CONCERNEDFRIEND1

Ann's Choice is a very pretty place located in Warminster, Pennsylvania. The reason I visited this facility was because a friend's grandmother was currently living there. I can say that all the nurses and staff members I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. The amenities available to them are great. They have a large swimming pool for their use. They also have a gym and tennis courts. The dining areas offer different kinds of foods for them and they have all they need as far as doctor's, salons, or banks in the area. I think it's a great place for an elderly to live especially since they have so many neighbors they can socialize with. They have their independence but can also count on someone being there if they need any assistance. If I had to recommend a relative or friend I would definitely let them know about Ann's Choice.

Independent Living Reviews for Ann's Choice

April 03, 2015

By norma2090

We are in Ann's Choice, and we are very happy with it. They do have assisted living and all that, but I was thinking more in terms of a memory care place. They don’t have a designated memory care although they do allow that. It is wonderful here. I definitely can recommend it. It is not cheap, but then what is cheap? They provide everything, and it is just really great. It is a large community; it is like a little town on its own. We have everything here, the meals are wonderful, the staff is great, and the activities are great. They have about 140 different clubs or groups that are run by the residents, so there is plenty to do. Or if you don't want to do that, you don't have to. There are three main buildings, and each building has sub-developed buildings in it. We call it the clubhouse, so if you have to go from one to another, everything is enclosed walkways -- glass covered walkways. I have nothing bad to say about it.

June 28, 2014

By Catherine13

I liked Ann’s Choice very much. It had an indoor swimming pool. The entire community can be accessed indoors, you just walk from one building to the next. They have three restaurants, and one restaurant allows take-outs, so that was nice too. They have a professional chef on staff, and the food was excellent. The apartments were very nice, with good-sized closets and things like that. The people there were very nice, very friendly and helpful. They have many activities, entertainment, and bus trips.

May 08, 2014

I went to Ann's Choice. It was good. I think they're just a little bit too large. It was a 2-bedroom. Some staff was helpful. I had a problem with a social worker. I think it was organized, very nice, and very clean.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Ann's Choice

October 13, 2016

By Linda125872

The staff at Ann’s Choice was very nice and extremely helpful. The apartments were adequate. They had multiple dining areas, and they were very nice. It seemed like they had a sufficient amount of activities. This community was definitely on the larger scale.

September 16, 2016

By 5G

This community is fine if you are very independent and of sound mind. They bend over backwards to get you into the facility and get your down payment. You will need to find another facility should your loved one need memory care or becomes ill. The ratio of apartments for independent living compared to assisted care beds is grossly skewed causing waiting lists for care. If you need to change facilities, they will charge you three additional months rent after you vacate and hold on to you interest yielding down payment for months or longer. Read the fine print...

September 14, 2016

By Lynn082811

Ann's Choice was way too big, and the people were not very friendly at all. It was very expensive, but it was a beautiful place.

June 08, 2016

By Herman440368

Anne’s Choice is a good place but very expensive. They have an in-house doctor, give you tours, have two or three excellent restaurants with top chefs, and they have nurses, so there’s help for you if something goes wrong. It’s mainly considered independent living. You have to have the ability to go around and walk. It costs more for them to take care of you later on. It’s very lovely, very nice looking, and the people there are very fine. It’s top shelf, meaning it costs more. You have to have money to take care of yourself, too.

March 01, 2016

By Sarah G.

The one thing that sets Ann's Choice apart from similar communities in the area is its enormous size, which leads to a feeling of anonymity that is fine for some, but not for others. The facility consists of about fifteen five-floor buildings plus about four additional specialized community function buildings. Public rooms are pleasant in a "hotel" sort of way, and the grounds are adequately maintained in the summer (can't comment on winter). Apartments vary greatly in size, but tend to be a bit smaller than equivalent units in other retirement communities that I've visited. Apart from its hugeness, there is nothing that sets Ann's Choice apart from the competition.

December 30, 2014

By Charles99305250

The significant differences between those places that charge you a monthly amount and that charge you a lump sum amount when you move in and give it back to you when you leave – Ann's Choice charges a lump sum, which might be several hundred dollars.

April 13, 2014

By Bell2

Everything is wonderful and very good at Ann’s Choice. I’m very happy with the care there, the aides are very attentive and very caring. The place is very clean. There are activities every day, there’s music, art classes and visiting artists, musician or singers come to entertain.

July 31, 2013

By Andrea11

I didn't like Ann's Choice at all. The only thing that I liked about it was that it had a huge complex, but their assisted living rooms were tiny. It just turned me off and I just don't have interest whatsoever. The staff was fair. They weren't as pleasant as the ones from the other places.

July 29, 2013

By Susan65572950

My mother was at Ann's Choice. The care was excellent. Her room was fabulous. She was very happy and she loved it there. Everything about it was good and I had no complaint.

July 11, 2013

By Sandi3

Ann's Choice looked wonderful, it's very large and beautiful and it's almost like a little city in itself. The rooms were very nice. It's fairly expensive but it's top notch. The staff was very accommodating and the residents seemed very happy there.

June 21, 2013

By Robert31

They just completed the Renaissance Garden at Ann's Choice when I went there and it was filled already. I liked that it was all interconnected so you did not have to go outside the facility. If you were still driving, there were people who cleaned your car even in winter. There were housekeepers too for the house cleaning.

June 07, 2013

By Aileen4

We visited Ann's Choice and it was great. We just couldn't afford it at this time.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (16) See fewer reviews

Photos of Ann's Choice

About Ann's Choice

Ann's Choice is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 103 picturesque acres in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, Ann's Choice is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Ann's Choice offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our three spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants and a bistro serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a performing arts studio. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Ann's Choice also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Ann's Choice