Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore)

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

4905 E Trindle Rd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore) (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore)

Assisted Living Reviews for Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore)

July 31, 2014

By J6

My parents moved in at Country Meadows about 3 years ago. We were very satisfied and that's why we decided to stay there. They are very happy with the staff and with the activities that are involved. They were in an independent-living and they had 2 rooms and recently moved into assisted living and they have just 1 room now. Having just one room met their needs so that was fine. They're very happy with the quality of the food and the variety. They said if the portions were small, they just ask for more and they could get additional. They're not quite perfect but pretty close. I like the fact that they can go from one type of care to another just staying in the same community there. I would say the sanitation is excellent. They keep it looking very, very good.

Thank you for your kind words. Our team works very, very hard to make Country Meadows an attractive, engaging and safe place for every resident and their guests. We are thrilled that your parents enjoy living in our community as well as a very important amenity--the food! Our chef and dining team work hard to use healthy, local ingredients whenever possible to create a variety of delicious recipes. We hope that you can join your parents for a meal from time to time! Again, thank you for your note, and for allowing us the privilege to care for your parents.

April 05, 2014

By krzy3

Very disappointed in the care my father received while living at CM in the dementia unit. Lack of proper training of the PCA's, short staffed, kitchen and dining area for the residents very dirty, lost clothing and personal belongings, and the list goes on. One major factor one should consider before making a decision as to whether or not to reside at this facility is there is NO skilled nursing care. If you want your loved one to live there for the rest of their life, consider a facility with skilled nursing. Once you reach a certain level of care, especially in the dementia unit, your loved one will have to be moved to another facility with skilled nursing. This should be brought to the attention of potential residents/families who are looking for a place to call home. County Meadows did not meet our expectations in the care of our loved one.

We are sorry you are disappointed. At Country Meadows in Mechanicsburg, we offer independent living, personal care, memory support and restorative care services. Our goal is to provide the best quality care and support for all residents in the programs we provide and make every effort to care for them as long as possible. To accomplish this we have developed a strong network of healthcare partners, including hospice and home health agencies that can provide additional needed services. However, when a resident’s needs surpass what we can safely offer, we do provide referrals to organizations that offer a higher level of care. We are truly sorry if this information was not clearly explained to your family when choosing Country Meadows.

Country Meadows is very proud of the high level of training provided to our Personal Care Associates, which exceeds the requirements in Pennsylvania. So that we can look into your other concerns, please call our confidential hotline at 888.470.3376. Thank you for allowing us to care for your father. Best wishes to your family.

March 12, 2014

By slynnski

I would first like to start by saying that Country Meadows is a beautiful facility. But, as most of us know, beauty is only skin deep. Since selling their home and moving to Country Meadows in October of 2012, my grandparents have had nothing but sub-par treatment from the staff. My grandmother is in Independent Living and my grandfather resides in the Alzheimer’s/dementia unit, being unable to care for himself anymore. My grandmother pays out roughly $7,000 a month for both she and my grandfather to stay there. For that kind of money, we expect the best care for my grandfather. We understand that nobody is perfect and that mistakes and accidents happen. We also understand that there are a lot of residents and that the dementia unit is understaffed and underpaid. What we don’t understand is when there are accidents and mistakes and my grandfather is receiving poor care, but all we are given from the staff are excuses and snide remarks from the CNAs. No one is willing to say sorry or take responsibility. Or take corrective action and work with my grandmother to make changes or improvements based on her needs and desires for my grandfather’s care. When mistakes repeatedly keep happening, some much more serious than others (such as my grandfather being sent on an outing with no underwear on, and then he had an accident) and my grandmother has meetings with the directors and other higher-ups about her concerns and still nothing gets done or resolved and poor excuses are still being given, then frustrations and tempers run high. These people are in charge of caring for and the safety of helpless dementia patients. Yet they brush off and disregard loved ones’ concerns, needs and basic wishes. It is their way or the highway. To me, that is not good care or cooperation. Over the course of the year and a half that my grandparents have been there, there have been numerous confrontations with staff members. Now, both of my grandparents are being evicted from Country Meadows on the grounds that my grandmother harassed staff members. She has never done such things. She is an 80-year-old woman with a heart condition. She is one of the most kind and selfless people that I know. She has high expectations at times, but she has never harassed anyone there. She has never threatened or used profane or derogatory language towards any staff member there. And yet she and my grandfather, who is helpless and does not know what is going on, are being given 30 days to pack their stuff and leave. These people are heartless and cruel. Do not send your elderly loved ones to live here.

We’re very sorry that you had a negative experience with us. As a provider of senior living services ranging from independent living to personal care, memory support, and restorative care, our greatest concern is to provide cutting edge, quality care services to our residents. However, when a resident’s needs surpass what we can safely offer, we provide referrals to trusted organizations that offer a higher level of care and can help with the transition.

Country Meadows prides itself on hiring caring, qualified staff members whose number one concern is our residents. We have a staffing ratio higher than the state requires, and we utilize a rigorous pre-employment screening process to ensure we have the best caregivers working with our residents. We have many experts on our staff to provide guidance in programs for persons with Alzheimer’s disease, restorative care, physical therapy and more.

We have received your letter and appreciated the opportunity to talk to your family directly since your post. Thank you for allowing us to care for your parents and our best wishes to your family.

December 30, 2013

By Diane47

My four sisters and I went to Country Meadows for my mother. This is one of the places that stood out for us. Their rooms were nice and very clean. Their food was great. We had a complimentary meal there and it was very nice. However, my mom is kind of a country girl and Country Meadows is more of a residential area. We thought that she would be more comfortable in a rural type of setting rather than this one.

August 27, 2012

By Central PA Living

The facility is run by outgoing and kind individuals, and there are a lot of daily activities for the residents but my grandfather has become ill several times as a direct result of the actions of the staff. He has contracted C Diff on multiple occasions due to treatment while a resident, even after repeated warnings from an outside RN.

Dear Central PA Living:

Thank you for your kind words about our Country Meadows co-workers. You are absolutely correct"”they truly do care about our residents. I frequently see some co-workers come in on their days off simply to visit residents or help with activities.

I am sorry to learn that your grandfather has contracted C Diff. As you probably know, C Diff tends to affect older adults in hospitals or long-term care settings and cannot be eliminated by using alcohol sanitizers alone. The illness typically occurs after the use of antibiotic medications. Country Meadows has procedures in place to properly handle illnesses that arise in communities such as ours. To combat C-diff, we employ special methods to dispose of garbage and practice very specific laundry protocols that include washing the affected person's laundry separately in very high temperatures. When necessary, our co-workers also wear protective items including gloves, gowns and masks.

Please feel free to contact me directly so we may discuss the details of your grandfather's illness. If needed, we will be happy to provide additional protections to help him avoid a repeat illness.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Danny Osten, Director of Wellness

August 16, 2012

By SandraS

Everything was wonderful! In fact, we wish my mother- in-law would've gone there. But right now, she's not ready and we can't do anything about it. We really liked the place! We know several people in the facility and they all love it. It's a neat and beautiful place, and they say the food there is wonderful, too. Well, we didn't get to taste it, but the people I know that live there says it is.

June 22, 2012

By Gang 46

I was very impressed with the very clean facility and the bright and uplifting decor. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The staff was patient and kind. I could tell they like their jobs. The facility was well organized as the residents understood their recreational activities and schedule. Residents seemed to be happy interacting with each other. When I asked a resident their opinion of Country Meadows they explained it was much better than some of the places their peers attend and they are respected by the staff. Another resident told me the staff make a deliberate effort to understand the needs and wants of the residents. The staff appeared helpful to the residents and were quick to answer residents requests for service. Residents also appeared to be clean and well-kept. The outside of the building was beautiful and the greens were well tended. The building itself was painted nicely. I felt welcomed as a volunteer and would return to Country Meadows.

May 09, 2012

By Jan-Sue

My mom has been a resident of Country Meadows for almost two years, living in their independent living building. She is 88 years old and in relatively good health. Her apartment is lovely, clean, and safe. The two meals a day which are provided are, for the most part, nutritious, appealing, and easy for her to consume. Transportation is provided twice a week to the supermarket, drugstore, and a small, local mall. Each trip is one hour, not quite adequate if a resident wants to shop for a pair of shoes or a gift. There are not really enough activities to stimulate an active mind. Most of the movies are old. The crafts offered are infrequent. There are very few large-print books in their collection, and bus trips to the library are infrequent. Outside speakers are infrequently invited there. The evenings are long and boring for many residents and, with supper served at 4:45, the evening is long and lonely. Sunday's are given over to visiting clergy. If a resident is not Christian or not religious, Sunday is just so lonely! Thus, Country Meadows is clean and safe, with some caring staff; but, it is definitely not stimulating.

February 29, 2012

Nice facility. Clean and well kept. We were looking for more permanent housing and at the time when we were researching a facility for our father they were only offering temporary and transitional housing to get on a waiting list.

Independent Living Reviews for Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore)

Services and Amenities of Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore)

• Pharma

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore)

Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore) is a senior living provider in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore) for more details on services and rates.

Map of Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore)

Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg (West Shore)