Brookdale Grandon Farms

Reviews of Brookdale Grandon Farms

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Grandon Farms

August 21, 2017

By Dan

My impression of Brookdale Grandon Farms was good, but my mom did not like it. Nevertheless, it was everything I thought it was going to be. The apartments were nice. The dining area and the small social halls were great. The outside was very well-manicured and very well taken care of. Their activity levels were awesome. Not having anything to compare it to, I would give it three stars, just because it was nice, clean, up-to-date, and it seemed like everybody was generally happy there. The bad part though was when we started talking about pricing, all of a sudden the fees just kept adding and adding and it priced my mom right out of the question. The staff was nice, very friendly, very cordial, and very informative. However, they had a lot of secrets, like they would talk to each other when they added the price together, but they wouldn't really tell us what they were adding up until they got to the end.

March 04, 2017

By James403440

I went to Brookdale Grandon Farms for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I have a breathing problem and am on oxygen, and after three trips to the hospital in two weeks, they kindly asked me to leave because I was disruptive to the residents. Their facilities were beautiful and fabulous, and I really enjoyed living there. Their food was very good, nutritious, and fairly varied. The room was nice and moderately spacious. I really liked the layout. The staff did an excellent job and provided very good service. Their programs were very good. We had things to do to keep busy, and everyone was very friendly. I really enjoyed it there and didn’t particularly want to leave. I would have stayed there.

February 09, 2016

By Caring Visitor21

Brookdale Grandon Farms is inappropriate for my mom because she needs long-term nursing care, but the facility is very nice. This facility is an assisted living facility.

November 29, 2015

By A.M.1

Brookdale Grandon Farms is nice and within our budget. It’s in an area that my mother is familiar with. The day that we were there, the staff seemed to be very outgoing and friendly. The residents all seemed to be very happy, outgoing, and sociable. When we entered the place, there was a big porch and one of the gentlemen residents was sitting out there in the chair. He said hello and welcomed us to the place. I like the outgoingness and the friendliness, and they seem to be caring. I only saw it one time, but for my one visit, I was very impressed. The food smelled and looked good and had good menus. My mother likes bingo, which they do two or three times a week. They have crafts and provide shopping trips a couple of times a week. They also have the residents wear a necklace, so if they’re in trouble, they just press a button to get help right away, which I like.

November 25, 2015

Brookdale Grandon Farms was very nice and clean. I liked the idea that it had a memory care unit, which would have been good for my stepmother. The rooms were nice and just the right size, and the tours didn?t take that long. I was impressed by the fact that they have an outing for each individual to do something that is personally interesting to them.

July 12, 2015

They seemed very accommodating and answered all my questions. My mother has been here a month, and we just finished the month evaluation early July, and everything is going fine. She had a period of adjustment, and they were very helpful during that period. She seems to be settling down now and settling in. She had a one-bedroom in the assisted living she was in before, and we were downsizing her. However, we got a deluxe studio, which is quite spacious -- it's very bright, it has big windows, and it's very nice. They have some scheduled activities. Every Tuesday, they have a joyride with no set destination, and it changes from week to week. They have bingo, games, and happy hour. They have a lot of musical entertainment, and I'm really impressed with that. The menu is OK, but it could be improved. The food level is good. They seem to have an awful lot of the same stuff. The dinner menu is kind of a repeat sometimes of the lunch menu. I'd like to see the dinner menu expanded a little more, a little more balanced with meat, potatoes, and vegetables, instead of just a sandwich. Brookdale Grandon Farms (Formerly Emeritus at Creekview) was in transition, and a lot of the little problems that we encountered were as a result of that transition, but they have a potential to definitely be a 4.

June 04, 2015

By ostomy

I LEFT MY HUSBAND IN THEIR CARE FOR 2 WEEKS IN RESPITE CARE IN 2014. HE HATED THE FOOD. THEY NEVER DID HIS LAUNDRY AND HE WAS LOCATED ON THE 2ND FLOOR WITH NO HELP. HE NEVER WANTS TO BE LEFT THERE AGAIN EVEN IF IT'S CLOSE TO HOME.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

April 10, 2015

By Dottie3

We choose Emeritus at Creekview for my brother-in-law because my mother has been there before. Our experience is very good. The rooms are very nice. The staff is very helpful. The food is good. They take them on bus trips. They take them out to eat. They do sightseeing. They have all kinds of activities. Plus, they have physical therapy and games. What stands out for me is the warmness of the surrounding and the care of the staff.

October 31, 2014

By Ronald13

My mother-in-law is in Emeritus at Creekview. It is close to my daughter. It is a very good place. The people working there are excellent and very good. They had activities like singing during the evening, and they read the paper during the day. They have bingo, walking groups, and a book club. They have numerous clubs. They have outside groups that come in to sing, dance, and do other things. My mother-in-law is very happy with the community. The price is lower than everybody else, and they are better than anybody else. My wife says the food could be a tiny bit better, but I thought the food is good because I sampled it four or five days, and it is delicious. They have a good variety.

December 26, 2013

By Joan39

Emeritus at Creekview was the only one we visited that Caring.com recommended. I like everything about it. The area and the people are nice. The ambience is very beautiful and clean. The staff was also very nice.

November 27, 2013

Emeritus at Creekview was nice. It was clean looking facility and the apartments are spacious. The experience of the facility looked like a 3.

October 25, 2013

By Robert71103750

My dad had dementia and he is in the memory care unit of Emeritus. The atmosphere there is very nice and clean. They seem to have quite a bit of activities for the residents there and I am quite happy with that. They have more facilities. While, most resident may not eat too much, my dad likes to eat and he is always hungry so I wished they would give him a little bit more food. They have transportation. The doctor comes twice a week there to check on the residents. However, they need more staff because there are enough people to serve all the residents.

September 21, 2013

By Cindy30

Emeritus at Creekview was my choice for my mom to stay in temporarily for her respite care because it was close to home. Everything was wonderful. Their dining area was lovely and the food was good. It was a beautiful place. The grounds and the building were beautiful. Everybody was very nice and helpful. It was the best facility and I would use it again.

August 20, 2012

By Mr Irving

Great Staff Great place to live About two years ago i put my father in law here because he could not live alone anymore. The staff was great until the end on August 9th There is not a better place to put your loved ones in, Bill & Myrna Rosenkrantz

May 08, 2012

By Kimlee

This is a facility where you find that special someone who will look after your Mother, Father, Sister Brother. In this case my 90 year old Mom came from a bad place into a facility with loving caring aids and Staff. They call her "Mom", nothing is perfect in a non-perfect world but at Emeritus of Creekview you can sleep at night knowing your family member is in good hands.

May 31, 2011

By LawnFred

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother lived here when she was very old, and she said that she enjoyed it. When we would go and visit her she was always excited to see us, but there was a large living room area where residents could visit with their families and it was very clean and comfortable. I appreciated what I could see of the staff and nursing care there, as well, who made both me and my family (including my grandmother) feel welcome and comfortable. And another nice thing about it was that everyone gave us our space with Gramma when we visited. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone looking.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Grandon Farms

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Grandon Farms

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Grandon Farms