Legend at Rivendell

13200 South May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73170
Legend at Rivendell (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 64 days

$278 off Assisted Living Apartments and save up to $10,000. $478 off Memory Care Apartments and save up to $15,000.

Reviews of Legend at Rivendell

Assisted Living Reviews for Legend at Rivendell

July 24, 2019

By Paul

Legend at Rivendell was very nice. The rooms were very good. The person during the tour did a very nice job. The only reason we did not go there was because of the price.

Thank you, Paul, for this great review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the community. We do work with other companies and have resources available to help with financing which many residents find helpful. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family.

August 14, 2018

By PS

Legend at Rivendell is a very nice community, very communicating, very open, receptive, personable, and they went the extra mile. My husband was going to get a higher level of care, which would've had a 24-hour LPN on-staff. They have the sliding barn doors instead of a standard door, and they have a smaller dining area for the people that have higher needs. It was a clean and nice facility.

March 06, 2017

By Harry345041

Legend at Rivendell was very good. The staff was very attentive and very friendly. The rooms were big and beautiful.

June 10, 2016

By Phillip360672

Rivendell had very nice facilities. The people were really nice to us, and it’s a really big community. However, they were probably the most expensive one. The staff was very good, very professional, and took care of the people. The people seemed like they were OK and happy.

January 30, 2015

By PersonalityPlus

My father spent his last 7 months of life at Legend at Rivendell. My mother and I are very happy with the care he received. The attitude and spirit of the staff were supportive towards my father and family, and I am indebted to them for how special they made dad feel his last few months. My mother and I visited him often, and the staff always offered dinner to us, or whatever we needed. It just so happens my father required extra care, care my mother and I could not have handled at home, and the "yellow shirts", as I called them (nurse's aides) did a fine job, and each of them developed a relationship with dad. The administrative staff, including director, assistant director, nurses, etc., were supportive and always took any concern we had seriously, and acted upon our reasonable requests at critical times. In the end, their staff was very sorry to see my dad pass, because they liked him very much. I hope my comments are helpful to anyone wishing to visit for your own loved one's care.

April 22, 2014

By Kris5

We visited the Legend at Rivendell in the evening, around seven, and we didn't have the chance to interact with any of the residents. We only met with the person who gave us the tour, and she was friendly. We really liked the location and the facility because they were nice. The dining area was one of the more impressive parts of it. It was clean and made up to be more like a restaurant. They had tablecloths, and the dining facilities were also nice.

October 17, 2013

By Caring72099550

The Legend was very nice. The staff was friendly and accommodating. However, the price was very high and the rooms were very small.

October 09, 2013

My mom is now at Legend at Rivendell. The facility is extremely nice and they offer lots of activities. Her room is not that spacious but she doesn't really need a whole lot of room.

July 01, 2013

By lwilson

The care he has received from Legend's has been unparalleled to any other center our father has been in. He is thriving and is more like himself than he has been since this disease began. It has meant the world to us since our family has had numerous unfortunate events during the past 18 months. In the beginning, he was unstable and many in the memory care facilities and medical community had basically written him off. He was unfairly labeled and was not given the care that he deserved. The Director at Legend at Rivendell found out what was really going on and address it so that he could improve and be more like his usual self. The Residence Director, Laura, was our earthly angel during a very dark and upsetting time in our family. Our family takes so much comfort in knowing he is being treated with the respect, courtesy and compassion that he deserves. This peace of mind is priceless for someone we care so deeply for. Dad is happier, has regained the dramatic weight loss he has experienced and is thriving in his new home. We are so thankful that he seems to be at peace and content with his new environment. The staff at Legends have been phenomenal. They have always been there to help us out, answer our questions and genuinely work with his medical team to ensure he is at his best. No other facility that he has been in has done that. We are extremely pleased with his progress, the staff, his medical team, his treatment plan and the care he has received since becoming part of the Legends Community. The social and family activities have been a wonderful opportunity for us to share in happy times with him. This disease is an extremely devastating one and like nothing we have ever experienced. The staff at Legend's is absolutely wonderful at having educational opportunities and talking with families to help cope during such difficult times. Thank each of you at Legends so much!

December 10, 2012

By Marion S

Legends at Rivendell is a beautiful facility incorporating features that provide for the comfort and safety of the residents. More importantly the staff creat a an atmosphere of family. They are friendly, caring, and cheerful in dealing with the residents. There are a multitude of activities available for any residents to participate. The food service is not only diverse in selection, but presented in a very pleasing dining atmosphere.My mother became a resident three weeks ago and loves being there. This gives me peace of mind and from my visits, I can see why she is enjoying her time there. She has expressed her satisfaction with the accomodations and the thoughtful and helpfulness of the staff.

November 29, 2012

By Kathyone

My mother, my best friend and companion whom I miss every day! However, her caregivers at the Legend at Rivdendell were remarkable. Not only were they caregivers, but were very special to me and my brother during my mother's declining illness. The staff was very responsive and the facility was well managed with a very warm and inviting living environment. Since my mother's passing over a year ago, I know that I can walk in the doors of the Legend at Rivendell at any time and be welcomed with open arms, for these people became my extended family and were there for my mother and me during a very critical time. To date, I continue to recommend the facility to friends in need of caregiving for their loved ones. In summary, yes, I recommend the Legend at Rivdendell and their staff with 5 stars!

Memory Care Reviews for Legend at Rivendell

January 03, 2021

By Barbara

Both my husband and my mom are at Rivendell in Oklahoma City. I like everything about it, it's superb. I didn't really want to move them, but we're running out of money. It's just beautiful. They take really good care of my family. My sister seems to like it too. We hate to have to move my mom and my husband, but we have to. They make these places so expensive. The staff takes extra care of my husband and my mom as well. The last time I was there the food was pretty good, but it has been a while since this COVID thing. I haven't been up there to eat with them but it's generally good. They have activities, they try to keep them busy, and they play games. The service is good up there.

November 01, 2019

By Trina

Legend at Rivendell was very nice. I’m a simple person and kind of a country kid, so I felt very out of place. It felt ritzy to me. It wasn’t for me. The place was very nice and very clean. The shared room was small. There was just a cabinet to divide the room. The staff member who showed me around was very accommodating. She answered all our questions and showed us pretty much everything that there was to see. The food was very good too.

Thank you, Trina, for visiting our community and for your review. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family.

June 26, 2019

By Dean

Legend at Rivendell is quiet and very well kept. It's a pretty place. Everybody is as friendly as they could be and takes really good care of my wife. I ate with her once and they have good food. They give small portions, and everybody there is slim and trim. They have somebody who does their nails. The day that she started, they took them all up for ice cream to celebrate a new resident coming. They go on scenic drives, they have a piano player that comes in, they do arts and crafts with them, and they have exercises. They keep them busy all day long. We're satisfied with them. The staff is really good. It's well kept, well lighted, up-to-date, and very clean.

Thank you, Dean, for this great review! We are glad to hear that your wife is enjoying her new home. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family.

July 13, 2016

By Georgia613586

My brother-in-law hs been in Legend Memory Care at Rivendell since April. It is very nice. The staff is very nice, very caring, and take really good care of him. They seem to serve very good food. They have shared apartments and some private rooms and have activities all of the time. They have a TV area where they can sit and watch movies. The dining room is set up like a nice restaurant with tablecloths and China. They have several sitting areas and an outside courtroom where the residents can go sit outside if they want and still be secured.

August 14, 2013

By janetstagner

I can't say enough good things about the group of people that for our elders. My mom has dementia and the really understand the disease and don't make quick judgments about her because they know it's the disease. They have educated us as a family and helped us help out mom. I would have given 1000 stars if they were available!
See all Memory Care reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Questions about Legend at Rivendell

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Associates receive training through a thorough onboarding program and ongoing, annual training as required by the state regulations. Department heads are required to participate in bi-annual training in their designated field of expertise.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Legend at Rivendell. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Legend at Rivendell is very proud to have a diverse community of residents who enjoy a wide range of activities from physical exercise, exploring their artistic talents, cooking classes and volunteering their time in various local community projects, just to name a few.

What programs or activities does Legend at Rivendell offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Some of the life enrichment opportunities include: trips to the theater and art venues, outings to shopping and attractions, community and cultural events, informative lectures and educational speakers, volunteer opportunities, fitness classes, walking groups, social and themed parties, book clubs, family events and much more.

What transportation services does Legend at Rivendell offer to assisted living residents?

Legend at Rivendell offers scheduled transportation via shuttle buses for our assisted living resident’s convenience.

What makes the chef or dining program at Legend at Rivendell exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Legend at Rivendell offers a Gold Leaf Dining experience for all residents which entail fresh prepared meals in our own kitchen by our staff of professional Gold Leaf Chefs. Breakfast consists of a wide array of traditional breakfast items, including eggs cooked to order. For lunch and dinner, you may choose a freshly prepared selection from the Gold Leaf Choice menu or the Café Select menu, and your choice will be brought to your table by one of our friendly wait staff. The Gold Leaf Choice menu is created by the chef and changes daily.

What safety features or security measures does Legend at Rivendell offer to assisted living residents?

Trained associates are on the premises 24-hours a day, electromagnetic locking doors, specialty carpets near doors with alarms, etc.

How does Legend at Rivendell keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Legend at Rivendell publishes a monthly newsletter which often contains a calendar of planned events, a schedule of daily activities is posted at the community. Families will receive a phone call if there is any change in the health of the resident.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Legend at Rivendell during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staff-to-resident ratio will fluctuate depending on the number of residents.

If Legend at Rivendell accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents are allowed to have well-behaved pets and there is ample space outdoors for residents to enjoy with their pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Associates receive training through a thorough on-boarding program and ongoing, annual training as required by the state regulations. Department heads are required to participate in bi-annual training in their designated field of expertise.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staff-to-resident ratio will fluctuate depending on the number of residents.

What safety features or security measures does Legend at Rivendell provide to protect residents who wander?

When residents appear to be moving towards an exit, associates are trained to re-direct them back to their activities or apartments. Special carpet designed to deter residents are placed around fire exits and the doors in each community are installed with electro-magnetic locking systems.

What programs or activities does Legend at Rivendell offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Programs and activities for Memory Care Residents are customized based on personal interest, cognitive and physical abilities using the resident’s life story.

Each resident’s health and cognitive functioning are assessed by the health care coordinator when they move into the community. Each resident is assessed again 30 days after move-in and every 120 days after that by the Healthcare Coordinator.

What techniques does Legend at Rivendell use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

A half hour before mealtimes, aroma therapy is used to stimulate synapses in the brain to recognize that it is time to eat, residents are escorted to the dining room and accompanied at the table by an associate who demonstrates mirroring techniques to enhance memories of proper eating techniques.

How does Legend at Rivendell keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Anytime there is a change in the health or behavior of a resident, the family is notified with a phone call.

Describe the neighborhood around Legend at Rivendell. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Legend Memory Care at Rivendell is located in close proximity to residential neighborhoods with easy access to various hospitals and clinics for the convenience of the residents.

Photos of Legend at Rivendell

Services and Amenities of Legend at Rivendell

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Legend at Rivendell

Welcome to Legend at Rivendell!

Legend at Rivendell is an assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.

At Legend at Rivendell we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at Legend at Rivendell is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

Legend at Rivendell is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:
  • Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident’s right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At Legend at Rivendell, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:
  • Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Weekly housekeeping & laundry
  • Routine maintenance
  • Three nutritious meals and snacks
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)
  • Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Reflections Memory Care

The Legend Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At Legend, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at Legend at Rivendell. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on the Legend Life Enrichment Calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Legend Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Legend Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Legend Companions. Legend Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of the Legend at Rivendell is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:
  • Elegant home-style architecture
  • Porte Cochere providing weather free access to front entrance
Apartments
  • 5 distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-Wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and Television connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • Basic Cable hook-up
Interior
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant dining room
  • Main Street Café for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / covered porch
  • Common living room, game room, and library
  • Uptown Theater
  • For your "Peace of Mind"
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems

Reflections Alzheimer's and Memory Care

Dedication to Service

Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or other memory impairments is a very personal, loving dedication to service. It requires service for specific and individual needs.

More often, the resident with memory loss needs assistance with life's daily activities including personal care but may not have an acute medical condition requiring around the clock skilled nursing or instruction. Finding that unique combination of physical setting and specialized care is a journey traveled by many families.

The Reflections Program

At Reflections, our trained staff works closely with family members and friends to assemble a "Life History" identifying the personal experiences of each resident's life.

Through the "Life History," we get to know the personality behind the person, fostering a one-to-one association more like "friend to friend" rather than "staff to patient." Details and events from your loved one's past become "shared" memories and experiences serving as a foundation for activities, communication, and the development of friendships built on support, understanding and mutual respect.

Base Monthly Services
  • Laundry Services - personal and linen
  • 24 hour-a-day specially trained staff
  • Three daily meals plus snacks
  • Tailored activities - therapeutic and recreational
  • Full-time Reflections supervisor
  • Individualized service planning
  • Family and community support groups
  • Reflections Program - a personal life history program
Tailored Services
  • Medication Assistance
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, incontinence management, and other personal services

Map of Legend at Rivendell