Bridges Cornell Heights
Offers Assisted Living and Memory Care
Reviews of Bridges Cornell Heights
Assisted Living Reviews for Bridges Cornell Heights
March 06, 2012
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Costs for Bridges Cornell Heights
Cost of Assisted Living
Services and Amenities of Bridges Cornell Heights
Room and housing options
- Companion Suites: Yes
- Studio Apartments
- Housing Extra: Shared Living
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Resident Transportation
- Laundry For Linens
- Laundry For Clothing
- Skilled Nursing
- Medication Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nurse On Staff: Yes
- Offsite Activities
- Va Benefits Consultation
- Financing Advice
- Resident Capacity: 33
- Pets: Yes
Range of services
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- State Licenses: 153IL001
About Bridges Cornell Heights
Welcome to Bridges Cornell Heights
Cornell Heights is a wooded hillside neighborhood of curving streets lined with fine early twentieth-century homes. The house is designed in the Tudor Revival style and incorporates characteristic steeply pitched gables, stone work, stucco, and towering chimneys. The exterior features a rustic porte-cochere at the main entrance and an outdoor dining terrace overlooking broad sloping lawns planted with mature trees.
The Tudor design theme is equally evident in the home’s spacious warm interior. The primary public spaces located on the first floor are distinguished by eleven-foot high ceilings, natural wood finishes, and an exceptional level of architectural detail. A distinctive element of the interior is the incorporation of historic salvaged materials, including French doors from an Argentinean monastery and lights from Syracuse’s now-demolished Paramount Theatre. Every element of the interior has been thoughtfully designed to meet our residents’ needs. For example, the oriental rugs are recessed in the Brazilian cherry floors to ensure the safety and ease of movement for those using walkers and wheel chairs.
Bridges provides an uncompromising level of care. The average resident to staff ratio is 4 to 1. This is an unprecedented ratio in congregate living. Our staff gives scrupulous attention to the personal care needs of each resident. Our 24-hour staff consists of Registered Nurses, Practical Nurses, Trained Caregivers, Professional Chef, Activity/Fitness personnel, Valet and Concierge personnel. Our Caregivers are of the highest quality, best trained and among the highest paid in the industry. In addition, they are schooled in a shared language of concern for home environment and the well being of our residents.
Our secret formula is simple; identify what really matters to each resident and do it everyday. The answer to what really matters can change and evolve and is as individual as the person. With our holistic approach to care giving we believe that it’s not just about providing exceptional physical care it’s also about providing good emotional care. Providing personal dignity with every interaction and knowing what really matters to each resident is the foundation of our teachings. It's not one size fits all.
The standard special qualities, services and amenities that Bridges offers make us unique.
- Our Registered Nurse accompanies residents to doctor appointments to provide individual advocacy.
- We attract the highest quality caregivers and maintain a low turn over rate by offering the highest pay and best benefits in the industry.
- Bridges offers a monthly activity plan based solely on the suggestions of the residents and their families, tailored to each resident’s particular interest.
- Bridges offers one-on-one outings with residents.
- Bridges has seven-day-a-week car and driver services available to residents.
- Bridges provides concierge services to its residents.
- Books, magazines and newspapers are purchased based on the residents’ requests.
- Bridges provides a variety of music tailored to the enjoyment of the residents.
- Each room is furnished with charming antique furniture and lovely fabrics. Soft, medium or firm mattresses are available. Linens provided are the highest quality: a feather bed first layer, 300-600 thread count sheets and light weight down comforters and pillows.
- Residents help our chef create seasonal menu plans. Once a month, each resident’s favorite meal is featured. Favorite beverages and snacks are always available. Breakfast is a meal tailored to each resident’s rising time and preferences, from fruit and toast to an omelet or waffles, we also offer homemade bread and pastry selections.
- A beautician, barber and podiatrist provide service to the residents. Pedicures and masseuse services are available upon request.
- Prospective residents are not required to submit a financial statement. We believe this is personal information. Costs of residency are provided and discussed. The prospective resident and his/her family are the best suited to decide if residency is economically appropriate.
Thank you for your interest at the Bridges Cornell Heights Senior Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.Get Costs