7 Assisted Living Facilities near Vestal, NY
Also serving communities of Endicott.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Vestal area, with 2 in Vestal and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Vestal is $4,071 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 42 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vestal. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vestal 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cortland with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vestal, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Vestal, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vestal
Seniors who like stargazing may appreciate the Kopernik Observatory and Science Center, that allows Vestal locals to see the Milky Way through the center's powerful telescopes. When ready to return home, seniors can find accommodation in one of the area's seven assisted living facilities. Known as Adult Care Facilities (ACF) or Assisted Living Residences (ALRs), depending on the license they hold, these facilities are licensed by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vestal
- The Vestal area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Broome County Transit provides public transportation to Vestal and seniors aged 65 and older are eligible for a reduced fare with an Office of Aging or Medicare card. Some seniors may be able to utilise B.C. Lift, a curb-to-curb service for people unable to use the regular service.
- Broome County, including Vestal, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Vestal can be challenging for seniors who don't like the cold. The town gets 75 inches of snow each year, almost 50 inches more than the national average, and the average low in January is 14 degrees. The high in July is around 80 degrees and the town only gets 154 sunny days each year, more than 50 fewer than the U.S. average.
- Vestal's cost of living is rated 89 on the Sperling index, 11 points less than the national average. Seniors on a fixed income can save money on everyday expenses including groceries, healthcare and transportation.
- The overall crime rate in Vestal is 22 crimes per 1,000 residents. This is higher than 89 percent of New York's other towns and cities and around the average for communities of a similar size. The violent crime rate is lower than the state average, but property crime is six points higher. Seniors may wish to ensure their belongings can be secured at their assisted living residence.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vestal
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Vestal start around $4,071 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vestal and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vestal
New York has a limited program called the Assisted Living Program (ALP) that helps fund care to people in assisted living. Seniors in Vestal who receive Social Security Income may also be able to find assistance from the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vestal
Vestal and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vestal, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vestal
Vestal-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vestal
Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens
My Father lived at Castle Gardens for years and he loved it there. They gave him his independence but always looked out for him. They loved my father and he loved them. I highly recommend Castle Ga... Read more
Review of The Hearth at Castle Gardens
The Hearth at Castle Gardens didn't really impress me. It's a large establishment, and the room available was like a half mile away from the dining facility. Even the gal there wasn't that warm, sh... Read more
Review of Elderwood Village at Vestal
I am so happy we were able to find a safe place for mom. She is not as lonely as she was at home. I feel she is well cared for. There are always activities to participate in. It is important to kee... Read more