Elderwood Village at Vestal

Elderwood Village at Vestal (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Elderwood Village at Vestal

Assisted Living Reviews for Elderwood Village at Vestal

January 05, 2015

I went to Woodland Manor. It wasn't the one that I was looking for, but I think that it would be a good option for someone who was looking for a single room for one person. I was looking for something for my parents as a couple, and they didn't offer that. As for the staff, I only talked with one woman, and she was very good and very helpful. I did like this place. I thought the facility was very clean, bright, and nice. If I was looking for a place for just one of my parents, it would definitely be one of the options. With regards to activities, they had the typical things that most places have -- e.g., they have trips, and they have gardening.

November 23, 2014

By Linda97246350

Emeritus at Woodland Manor was a very nice facility. It was actually like a very nice motel. Regarding rooms, they just had bedrooms and the community center. The staff seemed very pleasant. With regards to activities, they had a card table setup, TVs, and a reading room.

November 05, 2014

By Vincent6

My father is in Emeritus. There wasn’t any waiting period here. It’s a new facility. It’s about 3 years old, and the people’s initial approach was very nice. The staff seems to be very professional. Now that he’s been there about a month, we see little things of some confusion with getting all his clothing back, but other than that, it’s pretty nice. He complains that a lot of times the food is cold, but he is complaining about everything. They don’t use any salt in any of their food, but it looks good. I think it’s very clean. They’re very nice rooms. It’s shared with a wall in between and a shared bathroom. He’s in the dementia ward, so it’s extra money for that. They have sing-alongs and movies. They go on bus trips sometimes. They had a Halloween party.

August 13, 2014

By Susan91612250

We really liked the people at Emeritus and the fact that the facility was all one floor. The residents seemed happy when we visited. The biggest meal is at lunch time and everything that I've seen on the menu has been very healthy. The staff seemed very good -- they seemed very friendly and willing to help. The room is fine; my mom is in a double room and her roommate is very friendly and helpful. They have different kinds of crafts. They played cards and they go on field trips.

August 10, 2014

By Pat2912

Emeritus at Woodland Manor was fantastic. I would love to have my father in there, but with the finances, we just couldn't work it out. Nevertheless, they were very helpful and knowledgeable about the care that I needed. The room was spacious; it was quite bigger than I thought it would be. It had a private bath. I had lunch at Emeritus and it was very good. It was wonderful. The dining area was like a restaurant. There were a lot of activities. They actually had an activities director that my father could meet with; they could tell him about the acitivies and find some that he would like. Regarding location, everything was pretty much right there. They had transportation onsite so if you needed to go somewhere, they had a mini van that would take you.

April 21, 2014

Everything in Emeritus is nice, including the scenery, the people, and the food . The staff is very good. The one-bedroom apartment I saw was roomier and very nice. The dining room was nice, and the food as well. They had diverse activities. The residents looked healthy, active, and very good. I liked the people there.

February 26, 2014

By Beverly29

Everybody seems so friendly at Emeritus. My daughter and I had lunch there and the food was fantastic. They had chicken and biscuits and it was out of this world. I can’t remember what the dessert was but I know that there was maybe a pie but obviously the chicken and biscuits made a bigger impression than the dessert. The dining room was a nice-sized room. There were just three of us sitting at the table and most of the tables were four people which is nice. It appeared that you sat where you want to instead of this is where you sit and you sit and you sit. The staff seems to be extremely considerate. There wasn’t a bad review amongst them.

September 19, 2013

By Robert68965250

In terms of staffing and the facility itself, Emeritus at Woodland Manor is similar to its sister facility where my mom is in right now. At that time when we were looking for a place for my mother, we visited this place and we liked what we saw so we decided to place her there. I ate there and I thought the food was very good. In terms of caring, with my mom's condition, they were able to meet her needs.The people there were very friendly and very caring. They answered my questions whenever I was there. If there was a problem, they would call right away and made us aware of it. We have nothing but good experience while my mother was there. I absolutely recommend this place.

April 04, 2012

By Sunflowerman78

The facility was clean and up to date. The family friend we cam to visit appeared to enjoy her stay at the facility. She commented on the quality and timeliness of services, as well as accessibility of staff. She also enjoyed the food and recreation opportunities for residents. Her son, our family friend, was also pleased that the visiting hours and location were accessible based upon his employment schedule and location. The nature ion the area seems like an excellent befit to residents. The facility appeared to be adequately staffed and was very clean and organized. There were many other visitors when we were there, and they all had similar positive reports about the facility. If I were in need of placing a family member in an assisted living facility, I would recommend this agency without hesitation. I would close by adding the road is on top of a steep hill, which may be problematic for visitations during the winter months or during snowy or icy conditions.

September 29, 2011

By nell12100

My grandmom is currently a resident at the Emeritus at Woodland Manor. I recently went to visit her. When I first arrived, I was greeted by a few staff members asking if they could be of help and if I needed directions. once I reached my grandmoms room, I was very pleased by the cleanliness and up-to-date facilities in her room. My grandmom proceeded to compliment on how great the food is there and how nice the staff is to her. Her days are always filled with fun activities. I had the pleasure of meeting some of the nursing staff that helped to take care of the grandmother..I monitored while they gave her a bath and administered medications. I could not think of a better place for my grandmother to be. I would recommend the Emeritus at Woodland Manor to anyone looking for a great place for their loved ones.

Questions about Elderwood Village at Vestal

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Elderwood Village at Vestal. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Most residents are in their 80s and 90s. They enjoy outings to restaurants and shopping and strolling outside near our gazebo where deer graze close by.

What programs or activities does Elderwood Village at Vestal offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We start each day with low impact physical exercise and offer intellectual, social, and spiritual activities throughout the day.

What places are near Elderwood Village at Vestal or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are in a rural setting yet very close to the Vestal Parkway. On nice days our residents are able to walk down along our quiet drive. Our spacious hallways offer indoor walking all around the community.

What makes the chef or dining program at Elderwood Village at Vestal exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a varied menu that offers delicious choices every day. Our chef tries to incorporate entrees requested by our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Elderwood Village at Vestal offer to assisted living residents?

We have no stairs or elevators and all our wide hallways are installed with sturdy handrails for safety. All rooms have three emergency pull-cords and we issue push button pendants to everyone.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Elderwood Village at Vestal during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have trained staff around the clock and staff based on the care needs of our residency.

If Elderwood Village at Vestal accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We consider pets an important part of every family and allow cats and dogs up to 25 pounds. Vaccination certificates are required for everyone's protection.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All associates are trained on fire evacuation and choking hazard. The aides are trained in CPR and first aid and emergency procedures.

Costs for Elderwood Village at Vestal

Photos of Elderwood Village at Vestal

Services and Amenities of Elderwood Village at Vestal

• Pets: Yes

• About Elderwood Village at Vestal

Elderwood Village at Vestal is an assisted living community located in historic Vestal, New York. Founded in 1823, Vestal maintains small-town charm while offering all the conveniences of modern day living. Home to Binghamton University, an abundance of shopping and dining as well as many trails, Vestal is a wonderful place to call home giving its citizens a strong sense of community and pride.

Our community at Elderwood Village at Vestal is tucked away in a residential area, offering the peace and quiet our residents want while also being conveniently located to all that Vestal has to offer. Brookdale Vestal East is an intimate, one-story building, making our home easily accessible for those with limited mobility. Services and amenities enjoyed by residents at Elderwood Village at Vestal include:

LIFE AT ELDERWOOD

• Comfortable deluxe studios and private rooms with individual climate control and call system
    • Weekly housekeeping and laundry
    • Schedule transportation services
    • Round-the-clock supervision
    • Medication management and assistance with activities of daily living
    • Attractive, safe and secure single-level building
    • Pleasant dining experience at every meal
    • Wellness programs, daily activities and regular outings
    • Landscaped grounds, courtyard, porch and gardens with walking paths and greenhouse
    • Full-service hair salon
    • Library and game room with billiards table
    • Living room with fireplace
    • General store
    • Washers and dryers available for personal use
    • Pet Friendly
    • Convenient to public transportation
    • Part of the Elderwood community of services

Thank you for your interest at Elderwood Village at Vestal. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Elderwood Village at Vestal