Morningside House of Ellicott City

Morningside House of Ellicott City (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Morningside House of Ellicott City

Assisted Living Reviews for Morningside House of Ellicott City

November 28, 2013

We had stayed at Morningside House. We had two big rooms there. The work attitude of the staff was fine. It was just that they didn't had a clue on various situation.

January 06, 2012

By vce5000

I do not live at this facility personally, however a very close relative of mine does, and she is extremely happy here. She has been there for several months now, and the nursing staff and faculty has the made transition very easy for the whole family. The surrounding town is beautiful, as is the building itself. I was impressed with the quality of the apartments. The family member that lives here always speaks very highly of the friendly staff, and while I wish she didn't have to live in a nursing home, it's for the best, and I don't think there's a better place around than Morningside. The food is great, they provide transportation for their clients when necessary, and they also provide many activities for their clients to get involved in. The most important thing for me is that they always have a nursing team on call in case of emergencies, and that makes the whole family feel at ease. I really do love this facility.

July 31, 2011

Morningside House in Ellicott City caters to those who need extra help in the activities of daily living, or those who are in the beginning or advanced stages of dementia. As the nephew of an aunt who has lived there for the last two years, I can attest that this is a very pleasant place for someone who needs help with dressing, bathing and medication management. Unlike nursing homes, Morningside is set up as a small apartment complex with individual apartments that can be furnished and decorated based on the occupant's tastes. So all of the residents living at Morningside can outfit their rooms with their own furniture and treasures.This really is my aunt's home. She has the best care from the nursing staff, all of whom care deeply about her and the rest of the residents. My aunt lives in a studio apartment, which is a large room with its own bathroom. There are also one-bedroom units and companion suites. At some point, my aunt may consider a companion suite, since the rent is a little cheaper if you share it with someone else.My aunt likes to play bingo, and that is one of the activities they have at Morningside several times a week. She also enjoys having her hair done at the salon, and asks for ice cream every night at dinner. Most importantly, her physical and medical needs are taken care of by the staff. When she first came there, it was a big adjustment, but now she can't imagine living anywhere else.My aunt looks forward to the bus trips. One afternoon they drove to Little Italy in Baltimore and had lunch at one of the restaurants. On another trip, they visited the local dinner theater during one of their dress rehearsals and were able to enjoy the show "for free" before it opened.Morningside has respite care available and also welcomes Hospice, in the event of a serious or terminal illness. It is a wonderful place to live out your golden days and I am happy that my aunt has found a place that brings her peace, good health and happiness. For those considering Morningside, keep in mind that it is in a very good area, close to the hospital and medical complexes in nearby Columbia, Maryland. It is also less than a half-hour from Baltimore and an hour from Washington, D.C.

Memory Care Reviews for Morningside House of Ellicott City

Costs for Morningside House of Ellicott City

Photos of Morningside House of Ellicott City

Services and Amenities of Morningside House of Ellicott City

• Coffee Shop

• State Licenses: #13AL0281-A

About Morningside House of Ellicott City

At our Ellicott City, MD, assisted living and memory care community, you will find easy access to a wonderful and socially engaging environment. Our staff provides weekly transportation for shopping and experiencing the beauty of Ellicott City. Our location is less than 4 miles from the Merriweather Post Pavilion Theatre and the Dorsey Hall shopping center, with a grocery store right up the street. Enjoy the gorgeous nature in the courtyard located inside the residency, along with our outdoor patio and walking path with a secured exterior to provide optimal safety and peace of mind. Family members and residents are provided peace of mind with our 24 hour nursing staff, clinical staff and service staff, as well as emergency response systems located in every room secured exterior and walking paths. Morningside of Ellicott City is located within 7 miles of the Howard County General Hospital, and 15 miles from the Northwest Hospital Center.

Map of Morningside House of Ellicott City