Morningside House of Ellicott City

5330 Dorsey Hall Drive, Ellicott City, MD 20142
Morningside House of Ellicott City (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 137 days

Ask our Sales Professional if we are offering an incentive.

Reviews of Morningside House of Ellicott City

Assisted Living Reviews for Morningside House of Ellicott City

May 10, 2016

By LucieYYFYA

I like Morningside House of Ellicott City because it specializes in memory and Alzheimer’s care. My mother-in-law needs memory care. The staff is doing a good job and seem caring. The room is a very generously sized studio. They were helpful in providing a bed, mattress and dresser for us. They offer many activities, but my mother-in-law is not doing any of them. It offers more than she is actually using, like music, games, visitors, and entertainers, but she is not participating. However, this facility is appropriate for her care.

June 28, 2015

By George110464750

Just a drive up to the place, and you feel comfortable. It was so clean, and there were people milling around outside. We walked in, and there was somebody there to get you started. The gentleman who gave us the tour, we called him up the last minute because we happened to be in the area -- and he had another appointment in 30 minutes -- but he took us in anyway and took us on a tour. It was really a nice place. I had no objections whatsoever to moving my mother there. As a matter of fact, I would probably do it if it wasn't for the fact that it is a little farther away, and the price is about the same. It had a different feel to it just because it was located differently and stuff. It had a nice dining area, and they even had a picture of my wife's chorus on the wall because my wife's chorus sings there a lot. Nice big hallways and nice rooms. I thought it was extremely comfortable. I would be more than happy to have my mother living there. I just don't have to move her there because there would be no big benefit to uproot her. We've had to move her so many times over the last several years when my father died, so we just don't want to uproot her unless there is a big advantage to it, but Morningside is really where we would have wanted her to be.

January 06, 2012

By vce5000

I do not live at this facility personally, however a very close relative of mine does, and she is extremely happy here. She has been there for several months now, and the nursing staff and faculty has the made transition very easy for the whole family. The surrounding town is beautiful, as is the building itself. I was impressed with the quality of the apartments. The family member that lives here always speaks very highly of the friendly staff, and while I wish she didn't have to live in a nursing home, it's for the best, and I don't think there's a better place around than Morningside. The food is great, they provide transportation for their clients when necessary, and they also provide many activities for their clients to get involved in. The most important thing for me is that they always have a nursing team on call in case of emergencies, and that makes the whole family feel at ease. I really do love this facility.

July 31, 2011

Morningside House in Ellicott City caters to those who need extra help in the activities of daily living, or those who are in the beginning or advanced stages of dementia. As the nephew of an aunt who has lived there for the last two years, I can attest that this is a very pleasant place for someone who needs help with dressing, bathing and medication management. Unlike nursing homes, Morningside is set up as a small apartment complex with individual apartments that can be furnished and decorated based on the occupant's tastes. So all of the residents living at Morningside can outfit their rooms with their own furniture and treasures.This really is my aunt's home. She has the best care from the nursing staff, all of whom care deeply about her and the rest of the residents. My aunt lives in a studio apartment, which is a large room with its own bathroom. There are also one-bedroom units and companion suites. At some point, my aunt may consider a companion suite, since the rent is a little cheaper if you share it with someone else.My aunt likes to play bingo, and that is one of the activities they have at Morningside several times a week. She also enjoys having her hair done at the salon, and asks for ice cream every night at dinner. Most importantly, her physical and medical needs are taken care of by the staff. When she first came there, it was a big adjustment, but now she can't imagine living anywhere else.My aunt looks forward to the bus trips. One afternoon they drove to Little Italy in Baltimore and had lunch at one of the restaurants. On another trip, they visited the local dinner theater during one of their dress rehearsals and were able to enjoy the show "for free" before it opened.Morningside has respite care available and also welcomes Hospice, in the event of a serious or terminal illness. It is a wonderful place to live out your golden days and I am happy that my aunt has found a place that brings her peace, good health and happiness. For those considering Morningside, keep in mind that it is in a very good area, close to the hospital and medical complexes in nearby Columbia, Maryland. It is also less than a half-hour from Baltimore and an hour from Washington, D.C.

Memory Care Reviews for Morningside House of Ellicott City

Questions about Morningside House of Ellicott City

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All state required training are done along with any training to address our residents special needs.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Morningside House of Ellicott City. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range in age from 65 to 100 but our average is 80. Our residents enjoy our scheduled outings, happy hours and group games.

What programs or activities does Morningside House of Ellicott City offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We know that a resident's physical and spiritual well-being is important. We offer daily exercise classes- Zumba is the favorite along with weekly religious services for both our Christian and Jewish residents.

What places are near Morningside House of Ellicott City or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are only a short car ride away - or better yet join us on the bus!

What transportation services does Morningside House of Ellicott City offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to 2 doctor appointments per month is included in each resident's monthly rent. We also offer a plethora of group outings which include restaurants, shopping, and museums- the list goes on and on.

What makes the chef or dining program at Morningside House of Ellicott City exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chefs make all of our homemade meals with love and plenty of attention to detail. Meals are served in our beautiful dining rooms restaurant-style by our caring servers.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside House of Ellicott City offer to assisted living residents?

We offer pull cords in all of our apartments. For residents who request we also have a personal emergency pendant system.

How does Morningside House of Ellicott City keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have weekly emails and offer regular care planning meetings. But remember we are always here to help!

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Morningside House of Ellicott City during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is dependent on the care needs of our residents. We also offer on site nurses 7 days a week.

If Morningside House of Ellicott City accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. We have visiting furry friends and even 1 dog and several cats that call us home! Our beautiful courtyards offer plenty of room to roam.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staffing is dependent on the care needs of our residents- daytime ratios in our memory care areas are 1:8. We do offer on site nurses 7 days a week.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside House of Ellicott City provide to protect residents who wander?

We have 2 beautiful and distinct memory care areas for any residents who may have exit seeking behaviors.

What programs or activities does Morningside House of Ellicott City offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Activities range from group to 1 on 1 for our residents with memory care needs.

All of our residents are assessed before move in, at move in and 30 days after move in. We then assess every 45 days and if there is a change in needs.

What techniques does Morningside House of Ellicott City use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We offer a calm and distraction free environment during meal times. Our staff use reminders and coaching to help our residents, as well as hand on assistance if needed.

How does Morningside House of Ellicott City keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Morningside House of Ellicott City. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Morningside House is nestled in a residential neighborhood just outside of business Baltimore/ Washington corridor

Is Morningside House of Ellicott City affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with an outside agency but we do enjoy close relationships with local hospice, home health etc

Costs for Morningside House of Ellicott City

• Insurance
  • Check

• State Licenses: 13AL318

About Morningside House of Ellicott City

Morningside House is a leading Assisted Living & Alzheimer's care provider proudly serving seniors and their families in our Baltimore/Washington area residences. Our communities offer the perfect mix of personal care and hospitality tailored to meet the individual needs of our residents. Our philosophy on Alzheimer's and Dementia care is centered on the individual and is based on years of Johns Hopkins University research.

We NOW have a Wellness-focused senior care innovative program that focuses on proactive case management and preventative care to keep our residents safer, healthier and happier. From our Medical Director, to our comprehensive menu of services and specially-trained staff, we feel Morningside is simply the best care in our local areas.

Some highlights of the program include: Medical Director; Weekly doctor rounds; Weekly interdisciplinary team meetings; Electronic medication management system; On-site physical, occupational & speech therapies 5 x a week; State-of-the-art emergency call bell system; Continuous quality assurance program; Restorative therapy program; Custom care program; Clinical protocols and trending; Coordinated hospice care; Special diets. We cannot be happier with this program and the benefits it offers for our residents and families.

At Morningside House, we give residents control over their lives and encourage independence and socialization. Our communities provide a warm, home-like environment and our care is exceptional.

Come see for yourself why so many seniors are THRIVING at Morningside House.

Map of Morningside House of Ellicott City