Symphony Manor at Roland Park

Reviews of Symphony Manor at Roland Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Symphony Manor at Roland Park

September 20, 2013

By JS96

My family had visited several Assisted Living facilities but we all agreed Symphony Manor was by far the best choice for our mom. The facility itself is bright and beautiful and the staff is always friendly and smiling. Mom has made some great new friends and enjoys so many of the activities throughout the day and evening. It took a little time for Mom to transition and adjust but all the staff made sure she felt welcome and cared for. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this facility to others.

September 10, 2013

By Support

we searched many facilities and made the choice to move my mother to symphony manor. I was overwhelmed with the support that the staff gave my mother and me from the first day. The staff is young, but very caring and get to know each resident. I highly recommend symphony manor.

December 09, 2012

My parents chose Symphony Manor for themselves. They chose it because it was brand new and it looked nice and they have white tablecloths, basically. It was a mixed experience. They had a nurse that I liked a lot, I talked to her almost every day, but she was over worked. They were under-staffed. I was not happy with their psychiatrist, because with dementia patients you run into a lot of issues. He was young and inexperienced. I was not particularly happy with the director. There were some staff that were good; some were not very good. The rooms were very nice, bright, and comfortable. You could have your furniture or they provide furniture. They have double rooms, which we started them out in together and then separated them eventually because they have started to forget each other.

Questions about Symphony Manor at Roland Park

What programs or activities does Symphony Manor at Roland Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Programs at our community are thoughtfully planned to support eight quality-of-life attributes – or dimensions of engagement – essential to well-being of all people, regardless of age. Social, Spiritual, Occupational, Emotional, Intellectual, Environmental, Physical, and Creative. These dimensions are collectively represented by a “cairn” – rough stones stacked in a balanced, interdependent way to create a landmark to help find one’s way and stay on course.

What places are near Symphony Manor at Roland Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Situated in the first planned suburban community in North America with a view of the historic Roland Park Water Tower, Symphony Manor of Roland Park is a bright, boutique-style senior living community. Our community is conveniently located near Union Memorial Hospital, John Hopkins Hospital and University Of Maryland Medical Center as well as The Rotunda Shopping Area and The Avenue in Hampden. Wake up every day in a safe, intentionally designed living space. We tend to the cooking, housekeeping and home maintenance so you can participate in social, cultural and exercise programs including educational lectures, “Zumba” and canvas painting. Choose from a menu of seasonal, nutritious chef-prepared dishes at our bistro or private dining room.

What makes the chef or dining program at Symphony Manor at Roland Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Community mealtime feels like a special event and is always enjoyed in the company of neighbors. Choose from rotating menus of nutritious, chef-prepared dishes made with fresh ingredients and served to your table by friendly staff who know your tastes and preferences. Menus are planned to meet your nutritional needs, and we easily accommodate special dietary requests.

What safety features or security measures does Symphony Manor at Roland Park offer to assisted living residents?

Resident and employee safety are a priority for us. Take comfort in knowing the following programs are in place to make our community a safe place to live and work. Trained team members are available 24/7/365 to assist residents. Residents have wearable devices or mounted pull cords in their apartments to notify staff in the event of an emergency. Team members monitor residents’ well-being during mealtimes, medication passes and care services, and more often as needed. A comprehensive plan is in place to safely evacuate residents in the event of an emergency.

What safety features or security measures does Symphony Manor at Roland Park provide to protect residents who wander?

What programs or activities does Symphony Manor at Roland Park offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Describe the neighborhood around Symphony Manor at Roland Park. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Costs for Symphony Manor at Roland Park

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Symphony Manor at Roland Park

Located in the heart of Roland Park, Symphony Manor welcomes residents into our friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Days are filled with fun and engaging activities you’ll enjoy with new friends you meet within our community. Symphony Manor's assisted living and memory support associates are focused on providing the very best personalized care to ensure you are comfortable and at ease. No more worrying about tedious daily tasks like cooking or cleaning!

Symphony Manor offers high acuity care with the convenience of city living.

Map of Symphony Manor at Roland Park