182 Assisted Living Facilities near Timonium, MD
Also serving communities of Lutherville, Lutherville Timonium.
There are 182 Assisted Living Facilities in the Timonium area, with 2 in Timonium and 180 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 379 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Timonium. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Timonium 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Randallstown with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Timonium, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Timonium, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Timonium
In central Maryland, just 19 minutes from Baltimore and 10 minutes from Downtown Towson, is the quaint city of Timonium. Seniors may want to join the town's other residents and visitors alike for the annual state fair, hosted in Timonium.
Baltimore County’s accessible health care seems to be an attractive asset to Timonium’s senior residents, as they make up 27.1 percent of the city’s population. The quality of medical care available could be one reason the area ranks as the 7th best place in the U.S., where elderly citizens can settle into comfortable and affordable retirement. Timonium has two senior living facilities and 62 other communities surrounding the town. The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene regulates each Maryland assisted living program (ALP).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Timonium
- For seniors who enjoy sunny days, Timonium has sunshine 58 percent of the year. Winter temperatures can drop to 25 degrees Fahrenheit, and annual snowfall is 23 inches.
- The cost of living for Timonium is significantly higher than the national average by 33 percent, and for the state of Maryland, Timonium is 6 percent higher. The main factor contributing to the city's high cost of living is its housing costs.
- Compared to the property and violent crime rates of the Baltimore metro area, the state of Maryland and the rest of the U.S., Timonium’s crime rates are much lower. Violent crime and property crime are 27.6 and 27.3, respectively.
- Seniors and individuals with disabilities pay only 80 cents per single fare on the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) Light RailLink or CityLink buses. MobilityLink provides seniors with disabilities shared paratransit door-to-door service.
- The Baltimore area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Bon Secours Hospital and the University of Maryland Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Timonium has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, an organization that tries to resolve the complaints of assisted living residents or other people on a resident’s behalf, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Timonium
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Timonium start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Timonium and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Timonium
For seniors with moderate or low income, Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) and state-funded Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy programs can help with assisted living costs. Elderly residents eligible for Medicaid or Medical Assistance may receive an assessment to determine whether their ALP needs are high enough. If so, the Community Options Waiver can help with assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Timonium
Timonium and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Timonium, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Timonium
Timonium-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Timonium
Review of St. Stephen's Green Assisted Living
Mercy Ridge is a beautiful area. The buildings, the grounds, the staff, and the inside are very nice, including the cleanliness, the apartment, the furniture, the common areas, the way they are set... Read more
Review of Brightview Mays Chapel Ridge
Brightview Mays Chapel Ridge was good. It seemed to be everything it said it was. I would say the staff is very good. In assisted living, the rooms are adequate; in independent-living, they're good... Read more
Review of St. Stephen's Green Assisted Living
Mercy Ridge Retirement Community offers my mother enjoyment and caring in a beautiful setting along with peace of mind for all of her children and grand children. Thank you Mercy Ridge. And, all of... Read more