Woodholme Gardens

1700 Woodholme Avenue, Pikesville, MD 21208
Woodholme Gardens (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 8 days

Special Spring Offer- Sign a lease by 5/31/22 and receive $7,000 in total savings!

Reviews of Woodholme Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Woodholme Gardens

December 15, 2016

By Joanna535043

Woodholme Gardens was a beautiful place. They were very friendly. There seemed to be a lot that the residents could do, like brain games and people who came in to do different activities with them.

October 18, 2016

By Laverne375334

Woodholme Gardens is a very nice place, and they have the continuity of care although we do have some concerns about the size of their rooms.

October 10, 2016

By Cheryl308276

Woodholme Gardens didn’t have enough aides and because of that, they let my husband fell and now he is confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. The facilities were OK. But it is the care level. My husband was in a room by himself. They said it was an unwitnessed fall, but my husband told me that they pushed him. My husband has Alzheimer’s. He walked into the facility one day and five days later, he was taken out in an ambulance. I feel very angry about what Woodholme Gardens did to my husband.

September 29, 2016

By Donna285313

We’ve placed my spouse at Woodholme Gardens. I believe that it was a good fit for him. Just on the initial visit, everything was good. The rooms are nice. They have a chef, so I hope that the food is far better than where he was.

March 21, 2016

By A.1

When my relative first moved to Woodholme Gardens, it was very nice, but it changed hands. The chef that was very good left, so they brought in someone else and went through several administrative changes. As far as I know, they are still undergoing more changes. By the time I moved my relative out of there, it was in a state of flux. I wasn’t happy with them at all anymore.

Hello, Thank you for your review of Woodholme Gardens. Up until the early part of this year, we were in transition with our admin staff. We now have a phenomenal team in place, and are excited about the care and service we're able to provide seniors and their families.

November 29, 2015

By Rikki2

Woodholme Gardens has nice décor. They told me that my mother would go on field trips, but she's never gone on a single field trip. They have terra yoga, play bingo, and have a book club, but if you're in a wheelchair and you couldn't take yourself there, it's pointless. I go there quite often for dinner and sometimes for lunch and ate there twice; some food is cooked but a lot is processed and from a package. They are understaffed and have the caregivers serving the food instead of the food servers, which I thought was not very hygienic because they could have taken someone to the bathroom then went down to the dining room to serve the food. It was understaffed at dinner, and so I asked them what happens if they were serving the food when someone was choking? It was odd. The other issue that I had with them was they have a courtyard in the back, but it wasn't really wheelchair accessible, so if you're like my mom, you couldn't go out there on your own. Then there was only one place, which was in front of the door, that was wheelchair accessible. What would you do if there's a fire and have to exit out the back door in a wheelchair? They need to increase their accessibility for people in wheelchairs and improve on their staffing and the management.

May 31, 2014

Woodholme Gardens is the place I have my wife in. It seems like a really nice and clean place. It seems like they are taking good care of my wife. The staff seems also pretty good to me. I've seen the food, and it was good. My wife has severe dementia, so she is not able to participate in their activities.

Memory Care Reviews for Woodholme Gardens

Questions about Woodholme Gardens

What programs or activities does Woodholme Gardens offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Programs at our community are thoughtfully planned to support eight quality-of-life attributes – or dimensions of engagement – essential to well-being of all people, regardless of age. Social, Spiritual, Occupational, Emotional, Intellectual, Environmental, Physical, and Creative. These dimensions are collectively represented by a “cairn” – rough stones stacked in a balanced, interdependent way to create a landmark to help find one’s way and stay on course.

What places are near Woodholme Gardens or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Situated in a private, wooded setting, Woodholme Gardens is a cozy senior living community located near Northwest Hospital, Sinai Hospital, Greater Baltimore Medical Center and John Hopkins Hospital as well as Woodholme Shopping Center, the Baltimore Zoo and National Aquarium. Wake up every day in a safe, intentionally designed living space. We tend to the cooking, housekeeping and home maintenance so you can participate in social, cultural and exercise programs including book club, painting classes and tai chi. Choose from a menu of seasonal, nutritious chef-prepared dishes at multiple dining venues.

What makes the chef or dining program at Woodholme Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Community mealtime feels like a special event and is always enjoyed in the company of neighbors. Choose from rotating menus of nutritious, chef-prepared dishes made with fresh ingredients and served to your table by friendly staff who know your tastes and preferences. Menus are planned to meet your nutritional needs, and we easily accommodate special dietary requests.

What safety features or security measures does Woodholme Gardens offer to assisted living residents?

Resident and employee safety are a priority for us. Take comfort in knowing the following programs are in place to make our community a safe place to live and work. Trained team members are available 24/7/365 to assist residents. Residents have wearable devices or mounted pull cords in their apartments to notify staff in the event of an emergency. Team members monitor residents’ well-being during mealtimes, medication passes and care services, and more often as needed. A comprehensive plan is in place to safely evacuate residents in the event of an emergency.

What safety features or security measures does Woodholme Gardens provide to protect residents who wander?

What programs or activities does Woodholme Gardens offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Describe the neighborhood around Woodholme Gardens. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Costs for Woodholme Gardens

Photos of Woodholme Gardens

Services and Amenities of Woodholme Gardens

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Psychiatric Care

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 03AL1122-B

About Woodholme Gardens

Woodholme Gardens provides a full range of exceptional senior living options in Pikesville, MD, designed to accommodate your lifestyle. We make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of residents every single day. We offer Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite, and Hospice Services.

Life is all about the memories we make, the people we share them with, and the love and feelings we have for the people that matter most to us. At Woodholme Gardens, we strive to provide you with everything you need to help you celebrate and take joy in life.

Woodholme Gardens offers exceptional care, wellness programs and social activities in a family atmosphere to create a community that you'll love to call "home". Our team of dedicated and compassionate associates is there when you need them.

Map of Woodholme Gardens