179 Assisted Living Facilities near Parkville, MD
There are 179 Assisted Living Facilities in the Parkville area, with 4 in Parkville and 175 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Parkville is $3,850 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Towson with an average starting cost of $3,133.
To help you with your search, browse the 338 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Parkville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Parkville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Nottingham with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Parkville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Parkville, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Parkville
In 1874, the area that would become Parkville was described as "one of the healthiest and pleasantest locations near Baltimore." Seniors wishing to retire to the area may find the civic-minded community is still very pleasant. Parkville is now home to over 30,000 people, and almost 14 percent are aged 65 and older. There are 154 assisted living facilities in the area that cater to the senior population, and these are monitored by the Maryland Department of Health, Assisted Living Unit.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Parkville
- Parkville's overall crime rate of 36 crimes per 1,000 residents is higher than 89 percent of other communities in Maryland. The violent crime rate of 6.62 is more than 1 point higher than the Maryland rate, and the property crime rate is also higher than the state rate. Seniors concerned for their safety may wish to ask staff about security precautions when they tour facilities.
- The Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) provides public transportation in Parkville. Passengers aged 65 and older are eligible for a reduced fare and may also be able to utilize MobilityLink, a door-to-door, shared-ride service for people unable to use the fixed-route service.
- The Parkville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Parkville is rated at 110 on the Sperling index, 10 points higher than the national average. However, the cost of everyday expenses such as groceries and healthcare are rated lower than the national average, which may allow seniors to save more money for their assisted living budget.
- Income from Social Security and public pensions are not subject to state income tax in Maryland. Other sources of retirement income, including non-public pensions and retirement accounts, are taxed, although there's a deduction available for taxpayers aged 65 and older. This may help seniors in Parkville lower their tax bills.
- Air quality in Baltimore County, including Parkville, is mixed. The State of the Air 2018 report gave the county an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution but a failing grade for ozone pollution. Seniors with respiratory conditions may wish to investigate how this will affect their health.
Paying for Assisted Living in Parkville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Parkville start around $3,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Parkville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Parkville
Maryland's Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy offers financial assistance to residents of small assisted living facilities. Parkville seniors who are eligible for Social Security payments, or who would be eligible except for income, may be able to receive additional funds through the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Parkville
Parkville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Parkville, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Parkville
Parkville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Parkville, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Parkville
Review of Oak Crest
My mother has lived here for 6 years and over the years everything has really diminished. I recognize that covid has affected everything but the food has become beyond terrible and very little cho... Read more
Review of Morningside House of Satyr Hill
My father is at Morningside House of Satyr Hill. They had a number of changes to their staff, so they've had some issues. For the most part, they're pretty good. They have a new director, and she s... Read more
Review of Morningside House of Satyr Hill
I liked Morningside House of Satyr Hill. That was my first choice. I would prefer to place my father-in-law there, but it was more expensive. Everyone was wonderful, and it was very nice from the t... Read more