Willow Lake Place

Reviews of Willow Lake Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Willow Lake Place

November 30, 2015

By Janet S.1

It is a very nice facility, but I think the rooms were small. The long winding staircase reminded me of “Gone with the Wind”. The sunroom was beautiful, and the staff was wonderful. They did discuss the activity program. It was kind of pricey though.

April 23, 2014

I have a positive feeling with regards to it. The facility is very clean. Of all the ones I looked at, this facility is the best. I like that it seemed to be fairly small and looks like people knew everyone, the staff and the residents. The food was good.

April 22, 2014

By Pamela16

I love the people here. The staff were very friendly. The facility is small, not too large, but very nice. The rooms are nice too. I know they have activities, but I am not familiar with what they do.

March 31, 2014

It was nice. I met the staff and another resident, and they took me on a tour. The memory care unit is set up so that they have a dining area, then they have another room where they do other things, and then just one big efficiency room. It was a newer, more modern building.

August 27, 2013

By Deborah18

My mom is a current resident. We chose this facility for the location, the cleanliness of the facility, the interaction of the staff with their clients and the price. The place appears to be very clean. I haven't had any problem with them. I haven't tried eating there but my mother has gained 20 pounds ever since she moved in. She said the food is very good. She is getting along fine there.

June 17, 2013

By Gregory2

It is a smaller facility so the nurses have time for individual care. This is right for my parents and it's a lot better than the independent care that they were getting at a previous facility. The food was okay and they seemed to like them. They have bingo and they have some light exercising. My parents are comfortable with the place. An area for improvement would be on the schedule of their staff, the receptionist goes home at 8:00 pm so it is a little bit harder to get hold of the people there.

October 11, 2012

By querencia

The word "charming" best describes this lovely facility. They have one floor, I believe it was the third, that is entirely devoted to residents with memory problems. I visited this floor our of curiosity, since I do not have such problems, and I was very impressed. The residents were not kept in their rooms. The attendants allowed them almost complete freedom (on that floor) and just kept them safe and comfortable. They also had many activities that they took part in, which is something I had not seen in other facilities. Many times residents with memory issues are just being warehoused, with a pretty boring life style. These were active involved individual who happened to have memory problems. The rest of the facility is really lovely. The rooms are much homier and more personalized than most facilities I have visited. The staff seems to encourage the residents to add personal items and touches to their living quarters. The range of activities available here is really great. Exercise and dance classes, art, music, theater and all kinds of crafts. The nice thing is that the residents don't just watch the theater and music but they can also take part in it. One lovely lady I spoke with said that she had suggested several activities and her suggestions were taken very seriously by staff and administration and actually acted upon. I can envision this as a real "home" where I would feel safe in knowing that I would be given appropriate and excellent care should I encounter memory or other issues in later years. Definitely one of the best I have visited, and on my "short list."

Memory Care Reviews for Willow Lake Place

Questions about Willow Lake Place

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Continual training for dementia along with our care training. All staff w/in the building are required to be certified with the Alzheimer's Association

What programs or activities does Willow Lake Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Multiple activities daily, planned and executed by our Life Enrichment Coordinator. BINGO, outings, happy hour, book club, floral arranging for the community, dominoes, movie time, painting, crafts, singing, lunches, etc.

What places are near Willow Lake Place or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Large number of local shopping and restaurants are walk-able and we're direct access to the bus stop

What transportation services does Willow Lake Place offer to assisted living residents?

Community car for individual appointments and community bus for group outings and activities

What makes the chef or dining program at Willow Lake Place exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Rotating menu of meal options, including resident's choice meals selected by residents.

What safety features or security measures does Willow Lake Place offer to assisted living residents?

We are a secure community with access in and out requiring a door code. All residents receive a pendent to wear, apartments include call access from the residence and the bathroom. Showers are wheel in with safety rails in the shower and next to the toilet.

How does Willow Lake Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We send out a monthly newsletter and as needed emails, updates on our FB page and announcements get posted around the community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Willow Lake Place during daytime and nighttime hours?

Care staff based on detailed care needs of current residents. Nurse on site 24/7/365 or at a moments notice

If Willow Lake Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

On our community grounds we have a large pond, gazebo, covered porches, garden area and large grass spaces where pets can be walked or run.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Clinical care staff goes through regular and continual training and all staff is required to become certified through the Alzheimer's Association since we have memory care within our community.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staffing is managed based on the current care needs and occupancy of our residence. We staff at a higher care to resident ratio in our memory care neighborhood

What safety features or security measures does Willow Lake Place provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community is secure, requiring a code to our doors for both entering and exiting. Our 3rd floor is a memory care neighborhood with additional safety and security measures to keep our MC residents safe and remaining in the community.

What programs or activities does Willow Lake Place offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a full time Memory Care Director and Life Enrichment Coordinator in our memory care neighborhood, specially trained to the specific needs of those residents

Our Director of Nursing and Resident Care Coordinator who are both RN's, assess residents on a quarterly basis or more frequently if needed

What techniques does Willow Lake Place use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our care staff sits directly at the table with memory care residents during meal times to assist with any needs and to monitor what's being eaten by residents

How does Willow Lake Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our Memory Care Director and Director of Nursing are accessible to families via cell phone at any time. They engage families with any questions or concerns involving their loved one. Quarterly assessments are completed and more frequently should it be necessary

Describe the neighborhood around Willow Lake Place. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Willow Lake Place is located right off of 86th street, a block from St. Vincent Hospital and within walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Is Willow Lake Place affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Willow Lake Place is a block away from St. Vincent Hospital off of 86th St. and we have active engagement with staff there when one of our residents needs their assistance and while a residents has been admitted. During admittance a staff member engages in local visits to the hospital and to visit our resident.

Costs for Willow Lake Place

Photos of Willow Lake Place

Services and Amenities of Willow Lake Place

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

• Get Costs

About Willow Lake Place

At Willow Lake Place, our senior living community in Indianapolis, IN, we have something for everyone. With our meticulously maintained gardens and our inviting common spaces and apartments, we offer the residents of this pet-friendly community the opportunity to thrive in mind and body by developing individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident. With a full-time licensed nurse available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care, we strive to maintain each resident's independence. If the outdoors is what you enjoy, socializing with friends on the wrap-around porch and terrace, joining one our many Walking Clubs or gardening in the courtyard would be right up your alley. When the weather is less than ideal, there is never a lack of indoor activities to keep you engaged like Candy Bar Bingo, Crazy for Crosswords, Pinterest and Church Services. Plus, we are conveniently located near I-465, so all the conveniences of Northwest Indianapolis are not far from home. Schedule a visit to explore our senior living and memory care community's services today.

Map of Willow Lake Place