The Stratford Carmel, IN

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

2460 Glebe Street, Carmel, IN 46032
The Stratford (317) 733-9560

Reviews of The Stratford

Assisted Living Reviews for The Stratford

April 17, 2015

By Anne Berggren

I have Clients, Family and Friends who reside in independent living apartments as well as apartments in Assisted Living and memory care Units within the Stratford. My observations are that the Stratford staff members are the most caring, knowledgeable, and dedicated healthcare professional in Metropolitan Indianapolis. Carmel is very lucky to have a retirement community within its boundaries of this caliber. The Village of West Clay is able to provide luxury residential options to a very diverse demographic population within its lovely neighborhoods. The Stratford residents are not isolated in an "old folks home" environment. The residents are welcomed to be part of the active lifestyle that the Village provides.

February 26, 2015

By Charles103137450

Stratford is very nice, but it's not within our reach. The rooms are spacious, and they have quite a few activities like exercises. We were invited to come back for a meal.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon!

February 09, 2015

They kind of pigeon holed my mother. The Stratford would not show us their independent part of their facility. They insisted that because she had a stroke, she would be in an assisted living only. The woman was very nice, but she was a bit pretentious because she kept telling me what my mother would like. They only had one apartment choice. The facility itself was beautiful and immaculate. We didn't meet any of the staff. We walked out of it, and my husband said that there is no way. The woman did follow up with a visit. From a location standpoint, it was in the middle of a very busy neighborhood. From where I live, it would be too far. She didn't show us any menu, but she told us that it was restaurant quality. The dining room is lovely. There is an invisible wall between the independent living people and the assisted living. They don't intermix at all. I felt like we walked into another planet because it didn't really seem to be very friendly.

June 26, 2013

By Kathy37

We checked out The Stratford for my mother. It had a very nice growing location in West Carmel. They had a combination of garden homes and then also the main lodge. The more critical care was in the separate wing. Stratford was definitely gearing towards the higher-end type of retirement living. It had a nice indoor swimming pool and also an elegant dining room. We actually attended one of their luncheon presentations on moving assistance when you consider downsizing. Outside, they had a community pool for kids and grandkids when they come and visit. They also had a variety of activity centers around the community, whether it was sports or recreation. They got a really nice library and a theater for big screens for movies and shows. They got two or three different dining rooms areas and a little pub. They have a large community that allows for a lot more different activities to be going on. Cost, however, was a little bit higher.

May 23, 2012

By SH54

The place was very nice, the people were good but it's just quite expensive. The price of the unit was out of our range and its very important to us in choosing a facility. And so we ended up looking for other place., that can cater to my Mom's needs but its within our price range.

July 27, 2011

By donna thomas

This is an ideal place for independent older people. Most here are from 80 to 100 years. They care for us and it is like living in the Hilton. Of course there are things that come up that I don't like and weren't planned. They do listen and try to correct. We have excellent meals, lots of activities and trips, they clean and care for our apartments, they give us fitness training, and they do try to care of us.

June 21, 2011

By SpyderStop

The Stratford assisted living facility in Carmel, IN is the best of the best.I toured this facility to compare to some others and this by far stood above them all. There are numerous amounts of people there to help and it feels more like a vacation hotel than an assisted living facility. This place has big rooms which contain their own baths and there is a heated pool for rehabilitation. One thing I found very unique was the hair care salon! This place has everything and if you have a relative who is going to need assisted living this is the place to go. I highly recommend The Stratford!

Independent Living Reviews for The Stratford

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Stratford

Costs for The Stratford

Photos of The Stratford

Services and Amenities of The Stratford

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2019

• Pets: All Pets Allowed.

About The Stratford

stratford-living.com

Carmel’s Premier Continuing Care Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at The Stratford of Carmel, Indiana. Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives.

As a continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, The Stratford takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, our Members never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care based on their individual needs and goals.

Memory Care: Memory Care offers specialized support for Members with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At our community, every caregiver is a Certified Dementia Practitioner. We focus on helping our Members live a high quality of life and meet them where they’re at both physically and mentally.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an elegant environment.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national average.

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of The Stratford