The Stratford Carmel, IN

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

2460 Glebe Street, Carmel, IN 46032
The Stratford (317) 386-7429

Reviews of The Stratford

Assisted Living Reviews for The Stratford

August 20, 2015

By Karen110900950

The Stratford was really nice. I did go there and, in fact about a year ago, I was there frequently when our pastor's wife was dying, and we were all taking turns at church staying with her. It was just a very nice facility, and the place I was visiting had very good meals, the service was very nice, and everybody said "Hi" and was pleasant, but I don't think this is some place my parents would want to live especially my dad. I would arrive and sometimes sit with them while they finish their meal, and the meals were very good. I didn't eat with them, but he was commenting on how very good they were. His wife was in the process of end stage Alzheimer's, and they prepared a special puree -- not so much puree, but more of like really soupy -- so that she could eat it. After the meal, they would clear it away just like they were being served by a waitress, and then they would say, "Would you care for a dessert, and do you want coffee with that?" And they would tell him his choices for dessert. Well, by then they knew him very well and his favorite pie, so they didn't ask if he wanted dessert. They just knew that he would like to have a piece of pie and would just ask him what kind of pie he wants, and they always brought him a cup of coffee. It was very nice, and they had a piano in the dining room area. There was kind of a dining room lounge that was right next to the dining room. They knew that she played the piano, and she couldn't remember anything else, but they set her up with the piano and she would play it, and all the residents would come and sit around, visit in the couches, and clap when she played a song. The nurses were very nice, and they would put her to bed, et cetera, then I would just sit quietly and read to her, and she would go to sleep. They were very open to the church members being part of not so much the care, but integrated into their social needs and support. A place like this is a place that my parents wouldn't be able to afford.

Thank you for taking the time to review the care we gave to your Pastor's wife in her battle with Alzheimers. We are always 100% dedicated to supporting our community churches and their members in any way possible. Our staff takes great pride in their dining services and we are happy you noticed how hard they work to provide the best care possible to our members and their families. If you have any questions in regards to accommodations (from pricing to amenities) for your parents, please contact our Lifestyle Advisors. They would be happy to discuss in full detail. Thank you again for your kind words.

February 26, 2015

By Charles103137450

Stratford is very nice, but it's not within our reach. The rooms are spacious, and they have quite a few activities like exercises. We were invited to come back for a meal.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon!

February 09, 2015

They kind of pigeon holed my mother. The Stratford would not show us their independent part of their facility. They insisted that because she had a stroke, she would be in an assisted living only. The woman was very nice, but she was a bit pretentious because she kept telling me what my mother would like. They only had one apartment choice. The facility itself was beautiful and immaculate. We didn't meet any of the staff. We walked out of it, and my husband said that there is no way. The woman did follow up with a visit. From a location standpoint, it was in the middle of a very busy neighborhood. From where I live, it would be too far. She didn't show us any menu, but she told us that it was restaurant quality. The dining room is lovely. There is an invisible wall between the independent living people and the assisted living. They don't intermix at all. I felt like we walked into another planet because it didn't really seem to be very friendly.

June 26, 2013

By Kathy37

We checked out The Stratford for my mother. It had a very nice growing location in West Carmel. They had a combination of garden homes and then also the main lodge. The more critical care was in the separate wing. Stratford was definitely gearing towards the higher-end type of retirement living. It had a nice indoor swimming pool and also an elegant dining room. We actually attended one of their luncheon presentations on moving assistance when you consider downsizing. Outside, they had a community pool for kids and grandkids when they come and visit. They also had a variety of activity centers around the community, whether it was sports or recreation. They got a really nice library and a theater for big screens for movies and shows. They got two or three different dining rooms areas and a little pub. They have a large community that allows for a lot more different activities to be going on. Cost, however, was a little bit higher.

May 23, 2012

By SH54

The place was very nice, the people were good but it's just quite expensive. The price of the unit was out of our range and its very important to us in choosing a facility. And so we ended up looking for other place., that can cater to my Mom's needs but its within our price range.

June 21, 2011

By SpyderStop

The Stratford assisted living facility in Carmel, IN is the best of the best.I toured this facility to compare to some others and this by far stood above them all. There are numerous amounts of people there to help and it feels more like a vacation hotel than an assisted living facility. This place has big rooms which contain their own baths and there is a heated pool for rehabilitation. One thing I found very unique was the hair care salon! This place has everything and if you have a relative who is going to need assisted living this is the place to go. I highly recommend The Stratford!

Independent Living Reviews for The Stratford

November 19, 2019

By Julie Os

I can’t say enough about the Stratford in Carmel. The staff, starting at the top with Sam, creates a caring, welcoming environment. The units are beautiful, and there are so many different styles. My mom had a spacious two-bedroom apartment that fit all of her furniture, even her formal dining room table and china cabinet. The kitchen was larger than other places we visited even though she didn’t use it much because the food in the dining room is delicious. I especially enjoyed the Friday night buffets and meeting some of mom’s friends over a glass of wine before dinner. The ice cream social and themed dinner nights were also fun. My mom also loved the indoor pool which was the warmest pool I’ve ever been in, and she enjoyed fitness classes every morning. I know my mom was much healthier, happier, and active because of the wonderful people and amenities at the Stratford. It’s definitely the best place in town!

January 21, 2019

By Mary

The Stratford's staff treated us very honorably and respectfully. The staff member who showed us around was very lovely, followed up on us, and was a great person. The place was very clean, attractive and we're very impressed with it. They had everything we're interested in, like a library, lifelong learning, and water aquatic program.

August 29, 2018

By Tom and Connie

We lived in a cottage at the Stratford for four years. Our cottage was lovely, homey, and met all of our needs. All aspects during our stay at the Stratford exceeded our expectations. The facilities are immaculate and amenities are first rate. When we ate in the dining room, the food was excellent as was the service. There are numerous events & activities for everyone to enjoy if they choose. The overall environment is relaxing and courteous. The management and staff are very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. We would especially like to mention and thank in particular Sam, Grace, Christina, Heather, and Jackie. You can definitely tell they love what they do and they represent the Stratford well.

Costs for The Stratford

Photos of The Stratford

Services and Amenities of The Stratford

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Pets: All Pets Allowed.

About The Stratford

stratford-living.com

Carmel’s Premier Continuing Care Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at The Stratford of Carmel, Indiana. Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives.

As a continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, The Stratford takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, our Members never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care based on their individual needs and goals.

Memory Care: Memory Care offers specialized support for Members with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At our community, every caregiver is a Certified Dementia Practitioner. We focus on helping our Members live a high quality of life and meet them where they’re at both physically and mentally.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an elegant environment.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national average.

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of The Stratford