The Colony Club ALF

Reviews of The Colony Club ALF

Assisted Living Reviews for The Colony Club ALF

December 14, 2014

By sheila tropp

my mother was there for almost 3 years i was very happy with the entire place plus all the help they were the best she had a good life there

May 30, 2014

My dad was in the Colony Club, and we didn’t really like it. The staff didn’t seem to be that friendly. He was sharing a room with another gentleman, and that didn’t work out, and so he was moved to another room, and that didn’t work out. The nurses were not friendly at all. They seemed to be more accommodating to the Caucasians than the African Americans. The facility was generally clean, and the dining area was nice. The food was decent, but my dad didn’t like the place at all.

December 09, 2012

By Elder Angel

I had the occasion to visit with a client that had recently been in the facility. She was in a day program for dementia clients. She appeared very engaged in the activities and happy. I was given a tour of the facility while I was there. The facility is a rather large one story facility, with independent and shared rooms for the client. My client had a private room. Staff is very patient and attentive with this population. They seem to genuinely care about the client. The client said the food was good to her and she wanted to eat all the time, if she could. Her family had moved her into the facility, as her cognition had declined so that it was unsafe for her to live alone.

December 03, 2012

By 059316650

I currently have a family member who lives at The Colony Club. My first impression was that the property was very clean and well cared for. The scenery was nice, and the inside was also impressive. There was a TV room with a large television, which was nice, and never too crowded. There were also many rooms where residents can go and hang out. The outdoor patio was also nice, and was a great place to enjoy the weather with other residents and visitors. There is a cafeteria, housekeeping people who come around every day, and many personal care employees on staff all day. The residents all seemed nice, and the nurses who I spoke with were all very friendly and helpful. There are also numerous activities to be enjoyed, such as game nights, exercise classes, crafts, and scheduled outings to places such as restaurants and grocery stores.

July 05, 2012

By A33NHZCT7ABVW7

The Colony Club Sunrise is a very clean, well kept assisted living facility located in Sunrise, Florida. I was exceptionally satisfied with the nursing staff. They are very professional and friendly with my grandmother and my family. They have always been prompt in notifying me of any problems or issues that have occurred during my grandmother's tenure. Overall, I would rate The Colony Club Sunrise as an impeccable care facility and would strongly recommend them to others. The only negative that I can think of would be the high prices. However, due to the quality of service and level of care, I believe the prices are justified. I've entrusted the Colony Club with the care of my grandmother and they've done an excellent job of taking care of her and keeping her happy. Every time we visit, we leave happy!

May 17, 2012

By Karen10

I was able to tour this facility for my in-laws. I like the Colony club apartment set up. They have this two bedroom apartment that is big and overlooks a water way. Their rooms are large and that was beautiful. It's a large area and the most spacious of all the apartments that I have seen.There isn't much foliage but it allows my in-laws to look outside and have a nice view. I love the openness of the view. There are no trees though, I would love them to plant trees. It's a family-owned facility and the staff is very nice. It has that family feel to it which it nice. Their menu looks good.The residents there seemed happy at the dining area when I saw them. There are not as many activities or different rooms or activities to go to, but they do have a very large social activity room and they do have a full time activity Director.

July 28, 2011

Other

My father was in this facility for five years before he passed away. Right from the beginning, we were treated as part of their family. They have quite a few events like a dog show, which family members are invited to bring their pets. They have holiday parties, like Halloween dances, Valentine's Day, etc. as well as religious holidays. There are always activities such as the usual Bingo, card games at night and every Sunday there is entertainment. The residents are encouraged to take part. The facility was always clean. The food served was always very good. Everyone including the residents are like family, always concerned about each other. They are always free to come and go escorted of course and signed out. The nurses there were very helpful, calling me immediately if there was any kind of issue. Everyone is on a first name basis and the management staff is on premises . There are security cameras outside on the patio as well as in the halls. The residents even if sharing a room, can bring in their own items such as TV, small refrigerator etc. There is a beauty salon on site on Saturdays for men and women. It was a very difficult decision to put my dad there, and there was not a day that I was sorry that I did.

Costs for The Colony Club ALF

Photos of The Colony Club ALF

Services and Amenities of The Colony Club ALF

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: 7250

About The Colony Club ALF

The Colony Club Senior Rental Community offers residents a full range of programs and services in a socially active environment with all the comforts of home.

The Colony Club offers Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s Care and Respite Stays.

Assisted living provides seniors the independence, privacy and companionship they desire with peace of mind knowing assistance is available 24-hours a day. Basic, moderate and expanded assisted care services are available depending upon individual needs.

Respite stays are available for seniors requiring a short-term stay in a setting offering personal care. This rental program is typically for a person leaving a hospital who is not quite ready to return to their home or for someone requiring special services for a short period of time. Minimum stay required.

THE COLONY CLUB SUNRISE offers assistance with daily living to meet the individual needs of our residents in a caring environment.

Our staff interact closely with residents, getting to know each as a special person.

The Colony Club offers seniors a full range of programs and services in a socially active environment. The assisted living lifestyle at The Colony Club provides the independence, privacy and companionship seniors desire with peace of mind knowing assistance is available 24-hours a day.

Residents are offered delicious meals served in a restaurant-style dining room, daily housekeeping and weekly laundry service, social, recreational and wellness activities, 24-hour on-site licensed personal care services, scheduled transportation to local doctor appointments and more. Specialty services are offered separately for residents with Alzheimer’s. Respite stays are also available on a short-term basis.

The Colony Club is located on the west side of Pine Island Road (also know as NW 88th Avenue), just north of Oakland Park Boulevard and south of Commercial Boulevard

Map of The Colony Club ALF