Silver Creek

Reviews of Silver Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Silver Creek

October 07, 2019

By Rick

We're taking my mother to Silver Creek. Everything is great. The staff is great. I had to stop in yesterday and drop some things off at her room, and everybody said hi on the way in. Her room is large, and they keep the residents very active.

September 26, 2018

By Carla

Everybody at Silver Creek was nice. The apartments were very nice. I saw a two-bedroom and a one-bedroom and we liked them. Size wise, they were both adequate. They have daily activities like crafts and bingo and different programs. I've been there twice. The first time, the lady was very nice and very sweet. The second time, the lady was a little bit distant and cold, but the gentleman at the table in the entranceway was nice. I guess she was cold because we didn't have an appointment. The third time, we called and made an appointment, and the lady was very nice.

September 19, 2017

By Momma1126

I couldn't be happier with the care that my mother gets at Silver Creek. I was most impressed with the way they operated during Hurricane Irma. They didn't have to evacuate and things flowed like any other day. I don't think my mom even knew there was a storm. A huge thank you to the staff and Jerryfor going above and beyond.

September 01, 2017

By harrystevens

I am happy with the care my mother receives at Silver Creek. She is happy as well.

August 30, 2017

By Moore12

I recently moved my father in and i can say that i am very happy we did. He had been living in another facility and we continued to have issues. things would improve for a little while and then things would go back to the way they were. The staff are attentive and excited to see that my father has already begun to make new friends. I almost didn't go ahead with the move because i thought a new move would be too much on him. He seems happier now than he has in a really long time.

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Silver Creek. We will continually strive in providing exemplary care to your loved one.

March 28, 2017

By Motime

I am so impressed with Silver Creek, from the very start till now after my mother in law’s move in date. Denise a sales representative there was so welcoming and patient as we had many questions and concerns. We were moving my mother in law from another assisted living home to Silver Creek and we were a little anxious, but the staff and residents were so welcoming there it made my mother in law feel very comfortable and relaxed. Her studio apt. is bright and cheery she just loves it and calls it her new home.The building itself is so light and spacious, you have to see it in person to see how beautiful it is. To see my mother in law happy here is a testament to how truly how lovely this assisted living community is. I would recommend to anyone for their loved ones.

March 21, 2017

By j7570

Silver Creek Assisted Living is a magnificent place to live. I know this because I live here. The staff of Silver Creek are truly the strength of the organization. I have never heard a staff member complain or say something negative to a resident that is not helpful. The staff is like no other I have ever seen. Anyone considering this type of facility should contact Silver Creek and get a tour of the building and meet the staff and residents.

March 17, 2017

By Minorcan

The Beatles , John Lennon once said: Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. Well it was high time that my parents made some plans for life ! My parents are life long residents of St. Augustine and are in their eighties. I am their son and live out of town. We needed a plan for their care when they can no longer manage for themselves. I had researched care facilities in St. Augustine and was not impressed until I came across Silver Creek. This facility is the "Four Seasons" of assisted living. The fit and finish of this facility and the attention to detail is second to none. Our sales counselor Denise who led the tour gave my mother a comfort level that I was thankful for. The decision of assisted living is such a tough decision and Denise knew all the answers and assured my mother in such a way she felt at home. I am very happy we toured Silver Creek and now my parents have a "Plan B" . If you are a "detail" person like me you will understand why Silver Creek is on the top of my list.I

This has to be the best review ever! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

February 10, 2017

By Debi816214

The people at Silver Creek are friendly and caring. There are lots of activities. It is large and has a lot of community places, so if somebody is in a regular wheelchair, it is not so easy to navigate.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community Silver Creek! We are so glad to hear the wonderful feedback. I did want to reassure you that if a resident is in a wheelchair and needs assistance going to and from the dining room and activities ect. that our staff is available to help.

December 31, 2016

By Joycmom

These people saved my fathers life! When we had no where else to go the folks at SC came to the rescue. Their compassion for our family and my Dad has been unmatched. The facility is like a 5dtar hotel...the staff even better. Can't say enough good things! THANK YOU SILVER CREEK!

December 29, 2016

By Patterson257

I attended a wine event at this facility right before Christmas and was blown away! There is not another retirement community in the area that is comparable. The food was amazing and the staff and people that live there were all so happy. I felt like i was visiting a beautiful resort.

Memory Care Reviews for Silver Creek

Questions about Silver Creek

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We’re always learning to bring the best possible experience to our residents. Our associates participate in specialized monthly trainings as well as community-wide in-service meetings.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Silver Creek. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are active and vibrant with a wide variety of backgrounds, interests and ages. Each individual living at Silver Creek is unique yet brought together by our wonderful community. With an average age of around 85, our residents love to socialize at happy hour, take part in our many daily activities, and play Bingo and other games.

What programs or activities does Silver Creek offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Holistic programming at Silver Creek encourages residents to strengthen their physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being while also enjoying increased health and happiness. From nature walks and wellness classes to art projects and themed parties, residents are empowered by increased options and opportunities to live life to the fullest.

What places are near Silver Creek or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located in the historic city of St. Augustine, Florida, Silver Creek is close to all the unique eateries, shops, beaches and cultural attractions of downtown Old City, yet tucked away in a private setting on 21 acres of mature pine trees and natural woodlands. Residents appreciate the convenience of being in close proximity to medical appointments, shopping centers and movie theaters.

What transportation services does Silver Creek offer to assisted living residents?

We provide regularly scheduled transportation to help residents with shopping trips, errands and off-site activities/events. Additional transportation can be scheduled as needed. Other transportation options for our community include local bus transport, taxis and ride services like Uber.

What makes the chef or dining program at Silver Creek exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Residents of our community have the opportunity to enjoy delicious, five-star dining and gracious hospitality all day, every day. Complete with fresh seasonal menus, healthy choices and chef-prepared cuisine, residents choose when and where they’d like to dine. The selections from our “Always Available” menu may include a chef salad, eggs made to order, soup & sandwich, house Angus burger, daily heart healthy special, daily homestyle special and other daily features. Served alongside enjoyable conversations and friendly connections, residents of our senior living community find true satisfaction at every meal.

What safety features or security measures does Silver Creek offer to assisted living residents?

You can count on Silver Creek to protect your health and wellbeing within a close-knit community that cares for each other like family. Our concierge desk is staffed 24 hours a day/7 days a week so help is always close at hand, and each apartment is equipped with an emergency response system.

How does Silver Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We understand communication is key, especially for families outside of our area. We keep in touch through automated phone calls, emails, our monthly newsletter, scheduled care plan meetings and regular updates from staff.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Silver Creek during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is determined by the personalized needs of our residents. We take pride in providing thoughtful, attentive and responsive care at all times.

If Silver Creek accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Silver Creek is a pet friendly community! Our campus features walking paths throughout the community for the enjoyment of our furry friends, as well as doggie drop stations for the convenience of our residents.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Silver Creek provide to protect residents who wander?

We have several precautionary measures in place to protect residents according to their needs, including Wander Guard and Safe Return. Both of these provide an added layer of security for any residents who may wander. We also provide a safe, secured environment to prevent wandering.

What programs or activities does Silver Creek offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We believe each activity, event and moment is an opportunity for social, spiritual, intellectual and emotional enrichment. Based on our whole-community philosophy, Masterful Moments®, our dedicated staff takes the time to know each resident’s heritage, family, diverse talents and skills. This allows us to create a more person-centered approach to care with activities and programs that are meaningful, fulfilling and provide a true sense of purpose and belonging.

Our Health & Wellness Director works together with families to determine each resident’s needs on a quarterly basis or more often as needed if there has been a change of condition.

What techniques does Silver Creek use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We provide approachable, accessible gathering and dining areas in our memory care neighborhood to encourage camaraderie and a sense of belonging. Using The Best Friends approach to Alzheimer’s and dementia care, residents of Silver Creek are surrounded by familiarity and comfort during mealtimes.

How does Silver Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Silver Creek. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Nestled in a tranquil setting of natural preserve surroundings and peaceful, breathtaking wooded views, Silver Creek is located a safe and convenient residential area yet away from the hustle and bustle.

Is Silver Creek affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We work closely with many healthcare partners, including local hospitals, to ensure our residents receive whatever care they need.

Costs for Silver Creek

• Licenses: 12928
  • State Licenses: Licensed

• Get Costs

About Silver Creek

Silver Creek presents the future of retirement living, offering assisted living, memory support and respite care. Here you will find quality care in a safe, secure environment, with spacious and specially designed residences. At Silver Creek, we provide for continued independence and a sense of well-being through exceptional amenities, and customized care plans to meet evolving needs and preferences. We embrace the philosophy that physical, social, intellectual and spiritual wellness will lead to a happy, healthy and meaningful lifestyle.

Upon your first visit, you will immediately sense that Silver Creek is a distinctive place. A place reflective of a forward-thinking vision.

Map of Silver Creek