The Estates at Carpenters

Reviews of The Estates at Carpenters

Assisted Living Reviews for The Estates at Carpenters

May 09, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the The Estates at Carpenters in Lakeland while in the area looking for a suitable assisted living facility for my friend's mother. Many of their family members live in the area, so this would be an ideal place for her to live. The outer grounds looked well-kept and pleasant. The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly - which is the most important thing to the family. The foyer was nicely decorated and seemed homey, as did all of the communal rooms. The rooms were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes. The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. Residents may choose communal dining or more private situations. There are places for them to visit with families, as well. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage resident to make suggestions. The activity calendar featured many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encouraged participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents. They have outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and athletic activities. They take suggestions to update the schedule as much as possible. We've visited quite a few assisted living facilities in the area and found the staff at this one to be particularly friendly and competent.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Estates at Carpenters

March 31, 2015

The one that we enjoyed the most is The Estates at Carpenter. They have a beautiful facility. They call it a life care community because you go in as a healthy individual, and they have the ability to care for you if you need assistance and later if you need a nursing home facility. Your partner may continue to live in your original apartment while you might ascend to the other areas with no extra fee. Of course communities like that have all kinds of activities, and this one even had a wood shop which some of them don't have. It is very nice, and it is a complete facility.

August 28, 2014

By Larry37

I really like The Estates at Carpenters out in Lakeland. It's designed and built to hurricane specifications. We met one lady who showed us around and she was very competent. They do have different styles and different sizes with their rooms, and they look good to me. We did have lunch in their dining room and the food was OK.

August 21, 2014

By Anne H

The Estates at Carpenters is a top rated community. When we moved in a year ago, it was very overwhelming at first. But we soon made a lot of new friends (who didn't mind that we couldn't always remember their name). The staff is 1st rate and always willing to help in any way. It is a great comfort to me to know that if the need arises and one of us must go to the Manor or Villa (24 hour nursing or assisted living area) that they are top rated both in the state and the country. You always have access to nursing assistance if needed. No place is perfect, but this comes pretty close.

August 02, 2014

By Dick S

My wife and I moved to the Estates about 7 years ago. We had toured the facility about 3 years prior to our move and at that time had placed a deposit on a unit. There was a waiting list for the size apartment that we wanted and they called periodically as a follow-up. They called us in April with an apartment of the desired size, but we decided "we were not ready yet". They called again in September and we said "yes". They then began to ready the apartment. We moved in the First week of January, and have enjoyed our new home ever since. I have heard comments from people who say "I don't want to give up my freedom, make all new friends and live in an apartment." My response to this is that "the only freedoms I gave up are, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters, fixing broken appliances and raking leaves." In the 53 years Theresa and I have been married, the only time we had lived in an apartment was for 9 months while I went to Graduate School. Regardless, we had no problem adjusting to our new home. We have found the staff, from the top to the bottom, friendly, helpful and always available. Our new neighbors are as friendly as anyone could hope for. We love it here and have had no regrets over our decision to come the to The Estates at Carpenters.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

About The Estates at Carpenters

The Estates at Carpenters is a senior living provider in Lakeland, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Continuing Care Communities. Contact The Estates at Carpenters for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Estates at Carpenters