Grace Manor at Lake Morton

Assisted Living Reviews for Grace Manor at Lake Morton

Memory Care Reviews for Grace Manor at Lake Morton

July 06, 2017

By Susie/Shameful :(

7/6/17 There is so much I could say about the this facility and the bad care my Mom received in the very short time she was there. I'm asking Please if you are considering this facility make sure you are there everyday at all different times. Yes It is beautiful from 9-5 week days and low price in the being but it is very heartbreaking after hours. I was there everyday after work but that was not even good enough bad thing happen late night ,early morning to my Mom, was in ICU 4 days said she fell out bed, After taking her back two days later she had bleeding arm, worker said hit door going to bathroom said it took 3 workers get her to bathroom, she is a small little lady, I can do it myself, The last thing I came one morning unexpectedly while some were eating breakfast I found my mom still in bed in a fetal position, shaking, naked in wet depend and wed bed, leg & arm bleeding her pajamas across the room, my Mom can't get up without assistance was left that way for at least an hour, worker said she didn't want to get out of bed. They manhandle her. I took my Mom out after just being there a short time. My heart was breaking for all the other patients there that never had love ones come visit. The lack of communication between shifts/workers. Not enough staff or proper training to work with memory care patients, Not just weekends but all week nights also, Big turnovers less than 3 months workers, the ones I talk with and I don't care attitudes. They do what the want to do regardless of what the family members request. There was two specific things we ask please don't do and they did anyway. The facility did not keep there promise for patient care and I was very concerned for her safety. The office people are all smiles and happy make you feel good about the place but Please look around hard at the ones who will be taking care your love one not so much smiles and over worked. Office girls go home at 5 Take notes and get names . ;(

June 06, 2017

By bruce881762

Grace Manor is fine. They have good service and excellent food, and it is very clean. They walk down to Lake Morton and feed the ducks, and they have mystery bus rides. She has a room that has room for several chairs, her dresser, her bed, a cupboard where she hangs her clothes, another big piece of furniture that she brought from home where she keeps her knick-knacks, and her radio, and she has her bathroom off to the side of her room with showers that are easy for her to use. Their brochure says that they have Sunday church services, but they don't. They are not really staffed that well on the weekends; it is kind of a skeleton group, so they don't have the same level of care on the weekends.

July 04, 2015

My neighbor William is at Grace Manor. He is in a private room, and it is very nice. It is small but very nice. It has a large bath and shower. The food is very good according to William. He really is enjoying the meals very much because he lived by himself for so long and only had the one meal a day, so having three square meals, he thinks he is in heaven. The staff is very nice and very accommodating. They have entertainment every afternoon. They do trips for those who are able. William has his own television, and he watches that. However, he is bothered by the fact that he can't go outside by himself, but that's the way it is when you're in the dementia ward. The door is locked, and anyone of the attendants has a key to let you in and out. We went and visited several facilities, but because Grace Manor has a dementia ward, it seemed like the best place for William, but it is very expensive.

September 08, 2014

My mom is at Grace Manor at Lake Morton. What we like about it is that the cottage itself only holds four to five people as there are only 45 residents in the facility. It is designed like a large home. The facility is well taken care of. The attendants are doing the best that they can to care and to keep the residents engaged. They had different games and projects going on in. My mom is not really happy with it because she wants to go home, but they are going their best to take care of her.

September 26, 2013

By Gary22

We visited Lake Morton and we liked the facility. We had dinner there and we enjoyed it. We enjoyed the facility. It's just that we are not in the position to move in a facility right now.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Costs for Grace Manor at Lake Morton

Photos of Grace Manor at Lake Morton

Services and Amenities of Grace Manor at Lake Morton

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: No Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: AL5217

• About Grace Manor at Lake Morton

Grace Manor at Lake Morton in historic Lakeland provides a supportive home for people with memory disorders who need a caring, safe and comforting environment. We create an atmosphere of family living and provide each of our residents with dignified and compassionate individualized care. Our experienced caregivers help residents and their families cope with memory loss and related issues.

Services:

Grace Manor at Lake Morton is a community that meets the unique needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other memory disorders. By creating a simpler world that moves at a slower, more structured pace, we minimize confusion and anxiety. Grace Manor is designed to enhance residents’ social, cognitive, physical and emotional abilities through innovative therapy, social interaction with others at the same stage of progression and appropriate environmental features. We provide care through all stages of memory disorders, including hospice care.

Custom Programs to Fit Individuals’ Needs:

Grace Manor at Lake Morton designs custom programs with the needs of each individual resident in mind. For those in the early stages of Alzheimer’s or dementia, the program coordinator may conduct outings, exercise therapy, cognitive and memory games. These and similar activities help residents maintain interaction with their community, enhance their memory skills and increase their physical abilities. Individuals in later stages of memory disorders may participate in touch therapy and aromatherapy to increase their sensory abilities and help them recall special memories.

Multisensory Room:

Grace Manor at Lake Morton is the only assisted living facility in Polk County to have a multisensory room, especially for memory care patients. The room promotes relaxation and stimulates the senses in a soothing and dynamic way. Features include a tactile sensory board, aromatherapy, a “lock-and-hinge” board, a bubble machine, an ambiance sound machine and transitional mood lighting.

On-Site Health Services:

Residents at Grace Manor at Lake Morton also benefit from physicians who provide primary and specialty care. In addition, physical, occupational and speech therapy services, as well as laboratory and other diagnostic procedures, are available on-site through local providers.

Activities & Events:

Grace Manor at Lake Morton provides a variety of activities to help residents stay active and engaged. Each month, we plan activities designed to appeal to every resident, such as crafts, movies, puzzles and games, reminiscing and gardening. We also feature seasonal and holiday-related activities and crafts.

The apartments at Grace Manor at Lake Morton are designed to provide our residents with a safe and comfortable living environment while providing special attention to the needs associated with memory care.

Map of Grace Manor at Lake Morton