Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers

Reviews of Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers

Assisted Living Reviews for Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers

September 15, 2021

By Paps Girl

My grandpa lived at Barrington Terrace and the staff were so compassionate and caring and did such a great job caring for him. The facility was beautiful and the staff so pleasant and caring. It was a warm and family feeling atmosphere. We always felt that my grandpa was in great hands.

We appreciate your positive review about your experience with us! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

June 19, 2021

By Brian

I wasn't that impressed with Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers. The maintenance was not great, and I didn't like how they were doing business. They tried to get my dad to come in as just assisted living when it's clear that he needs a higher level of care than that. What I believe they were doing, in my opinion, is that they were trying to get the place filled up. They're letting people come in at a lower-priced tier of assisted living and then a few months down the road, they'll bump you up to the memory care, which costs significantly higher. In the other facility we went to, they had a nurse come over to interview dad and said, "He definitely needs memory care," and I agree because he does. His memory is shot, so I wouldn't put my dad in Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers. Although the person I talked to was a lovely salesperson and did her job well, it just felt like buying a used car. They had all these care prices and strategies, and I didn't like what they're doing. Some of the carpets were tired looking, and the landscaping outside was in need of replacement. It seems like they needed an update. The facility is in a good location, though. It's near the big health park and a giant hospital.

Hello Brian, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our community. Our executive director would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you.

May 13, 2021

By Annie

I really love Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers. I like the fact that if something happens and my mother's level of care went up, she could stay there. It is just the distance that I did not like. The facility was very nice, and the staff during the tour was great. If there is ever a time my mom has to move, it would be Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers probably. The rooms were nice. There was only just one room that I did not particularly like. It is in a great area, and the surroundings were fine.

Dear Annie thank you so much for your kind review. We enjoyed meeting you and we will be ready if you ever need us for your mom. Wishing you health and happiness for 2021 Kind Regards Teresa

October 11, 2019

By Sharon Benner

My Mom has been at Barrington twice. She has resided in 3 different communities: one 5 star rated, one new and beautiful and Barrington Fort Myers. Though other facilities are much more convenient and newer, the care does not compare. Friendly, capable, amazing staff!

January 13, 2019

By Mary

My friend was a resident of Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers for a year, and she did not get the medical attention that she needed. The rooms weren't very good, and she paid more money there than at her current community. They have bingo, puzzles and crafts. The staff or the people there were not very friendly. When you walk in, they don't even speak most of the time. She's not happy there. The building was old, and they've been remodeling for like a couple years and they're still not done. They have new carpet in the lobby, but there are not finished in the lobby and it needs a lot of upgrading.

July 30, 2018

By Robert

Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers is a really nice place with excellent security. They had a sign-in list and a sign-out list. It's like a 4-star hotel. They can let people out as long as they're back by 8 p.m., and they let you do whatever you want during the day. The dining area is really large, and something you expect to see in an upscale restaurant. They accept Medicaid. It's one of the best places I've ever seen. The people there were actually laughing.

October 30, 2017

By Bonnie

My mom is in Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers and she is adjusting well. The two girls I worked with were so good. The food and the atmosphere were very good. The people are very caring and it's a wonderful facility. They did a marvelous job and they have activities every day.

November 21, 2016

By Nancy003680

We walked down the hall at Barrington Terrace, but they didn’t have any rooms to show. They have different design studios, a library, a sitting room, music, and a lot of the activities when you walk in the front door. We met a couple of staff, and they seemed nice.

November 21, 2016

By Diane416416

The Barrington was very nice, but it had a great waiting list. They were close to an office complex. There was no outdoor walking at all, but they had a beautiful garden. Their room was modest, but nice. Their dining room was very nice, and their memory care was very nice.

May 22, 2016

By JohnPXJUN

I was treated fine at Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers. They were informative, accommodating, answered questions, and had a nice physical appearance, like a hotel. It’s right across the road from Health Park, which is the big positive about their location.

June 25, 2015

My father was able to live at Barrington Terrace. The staff there was extremely caring and very supportive of my father. They treated him like he was a family member. They gave some of the best care that I have ever seen. They were all patient and focused. The rooms were also beautiful. They were clean and home-like. I tried eating there, and the food was excellent. The area where my dad stayed at has one on one activities. They got them outside for interaction. It's definitely an example for other communities to follow.

February 18, 2015

By Caring100220650

If my mother had not changed her mind, I was going to have her there at Barrington Terrace. It was a nice facility, the rooms were clean and very well decorated, and the security looked fine.

October 06, 2014

By Ray16

As far as I am concerned Barrington Terrace looks like well-maintained; all the rooms were clean. The lobby area and the dining room were clean too, and there was no odor of any type. It sounds like I was going to a hotel. The staff was fine and did very well. They basically showed me around and told me what they were about. They gave me some pricing and procedures on getting a person into the facility. They were very helpful in all respects. There was a library and other activities, and there was an outside area if you want to enjoy the fresh air.

September 08, 2014

Barrington Terrace was fine. It was clean. The grounds were OK. It had nice rooms. Everybody was pleasant. I didn't see any problems with the residents who were in wheelchairs. Pricing was reasonable. The staff was fine. They were very nice. This facility is one of our options because they do a transition into Medicaid. I have other people recommended it to me, that's why I went over there.

August 13, 2014

I’ve only visited Betty for a couple of times at Barrington Terrace. She’s been there for about 3 months. I know they have tons of things going on. It’s a very nice place. It’s very high end, very organized and very clean.

By John94811950

My aunt is at Barrington Terrace. The people are really friendly. They try to keep the people active. They go down and ask them to come and participate. They do some aerobic stuff. They have bingo and cards. They did wine tasting the other day. My aunt is trying to get acclimated into the facility. The cleanliness is very good. Maintenance-wise, they have a guy who is really good, but I don't know if they needed a second guy to help him. The place is very friendly, that's one of the reasons why we pick it. The people are outgoing, friendly, cheerful, positive and upbeat. Also my aunt says the food is pretty good. She likes it so far. I would recommend Barrington Terrace.

By Donald22

My wife and I saw everything at Barrington Terrace; we're just not ready to make a decision yet. We found it interesting. We were informed about everything that they had there. We were impressed with the place because it kind of touched all the bases. Anybody who’s looking for that type of life and living; I think they have all the facilities to fulfill that. The workers were great and the lady there was very informative. She did a good job with the orientation and the paperwork. We ended up by getting the material and saying thank you and goodbye. We found the place to be very presentable. I think each section of the whole place took care of whatever your medical needs were for assisted living.

By Joyce46

The receptionist at Barrington Terrace seemed like she was kind of overwhelmed when we first arrived. She told us that the lady was with someone, so we sat and waited and waited until I finally told her we had to go and I asked for another appointment. She said, "Let me see if she can just come out for a minute." When she went to the office, the lady called me in and said, "I'm sorry; I didn't even know you were here." The receptionist didn't bother to check if the lady was there; she thought she was in a meeting, so we wasted nearly an hour just sitting there. Anyway, the lady we talked to was very nice. She explained a lot of things to us and gave us information. It was very helpful when we did get in to see her. The one thing I was kind of impressed with was the workers who all seemed really upbeat. At times, when you go in these places, they're not very nice. There, they all seemed very nice. There were a lot of residents. They were either seated or in wheelchairs. She walked us by the dining room and explained that they have veterans there once a month. They invite them to come in and do a little speech; they also invite other people who have served in the military. She also said they take residents on a bus to go shopping twice a month. From what we saw, it seemed nice and bright. I think it seemed friendlier and more homey. I don't think my brother is at the point where he would need to live here, but we would consider it.

July 31, 2014

Barrington Terrace was very nice. They were very welcoming and very kind. They took me on a tour, and explained the costs and different levels of care to me. It was a very well-kept facility. They did field trips and they had a salon. There were some rooms that overlooked a pond or other body of water. To me, that was a big deal because it's very calming. The neighborhood that the facility is in was very safe and was a very nice neighborhood. In some of the other facilities, the people were very nice but the neighborhood made me nervous. I would not want to put my parents in those particular neighborhoods. We went to a recreation area where you could sit and get a view of the water. It was not outside, but there were tables and things like that. I would recommend Barrington Terrace because it seemed like the girl who took me around on the tour knew the residents and could address all the residents by name. It was not a huge facility where you are a face without a name -- it's clear that they take a personal interest in their residents.

June 26, 2014

By Rob3

I love Barrington Terrace. It just was a little bit too far for the other members of my family. Heather Cash, who was one of the sales directors there, was fabulous. She was fantastic, very caring, and she acted like she really cared. The people there were terrific.

May 30, 2014

By Doris25

Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers is an extremely nice facility, and I would highly rate them. They have a lot of activities, and sometimes I went to bingo there. They have a bus that takes them shopping, movies, or to places. They have a swimming pool. It seems they have all ages there. It was a very, very nice facility. I would absolutely recommend this, if they could afford it, because they are very expensive.

July 24, 2013

By Donna24

My mother-in-law is already in a place called Barrington Terrace. I like this best because, for one, we can afford it. Secondly, the facility looks nice. It doesn't smell like urine when we're in there. There is also a walking space out in the garden where my mother-in-law can go outside by herself. She has been there for about a month already and she seems to like this facility too. She shares a room but I don't think she cares about that too much. Other than that, she seems to be adjusting well. They have very nice people. They also have activities for their residents like bingos and movie nights. They also have entertainments and shows going on all the time. She also has an exercise program every morning. I would definitely recommend this community to others. If I have to move there, I would move there.

June 19, 2013

By CaringLady246

We chose Barrington Terrace because the facility is very clean. Their staff are wonderful and very friendly. They have beautiful rooms there and foods are served at the right time.

May 02, 2012

By commercesd

While driving through the region, we decided to stop in and visit Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers, since we were looking for an assisted living facility for my friend's mother. We were impressed that they could accommodate our last-minute visit. The area is convenient for my friend's mother, who has many friends in the area. The main area seemed clean and well tended, with a fresh, updated decor that was still very homey. The staff was very nice and seemed to treat the residents kindly - and handled all levels of ambulation. We thought my friend's mother would like the little park area outside, which was close to the main door. They have a variety of the typical activities that assisted living facilities usually have - plus many other interesting and stimulating activities. The food looked well-prepared and appetizing and was served in a nice casual restaurant setting. The book selection, which is important to my friend's mother - was quite nice. The rooms we saw were all nicely decorated with fresh air and natural light. The exercise room was large and included plenty of nice equipment. They also offered fitness classes. Overall, the facility looked like a nice place to live - with kind and caring staff. The residents all seemed to enjoy living there.

Memory Care Reviews for Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: ECC

About Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers

There are times you feel like curling up in your favorite chair and paging through a good book or visiting with neighbors for a game of bridge. There are times when you feel like spending the day combing the beach for shells or eating at a five-star restaurant and seeing a show. This is the lifestyle at Barrington Terrace in Ft. Myers: Rich with the comforts of your own home with all the conveniences of Florida resort-style living.

From the dining to the activities to the spirit of hometown service, Barrington Terrace is designed for the best in living. In fact, "Assisted Living" is too limited a term for what Barrington Terrace is all about. It goes beyond a menu of capabilities: it is our whole community's philosophy, for neighbors and staff alike. Newcomers join a family that helps one another in every possible way.

Map of Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers