27 Assisted Living Facilities near Richfield, OH
Also serving communities of Peninsula.
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Richfield area, with 2 in Richfield and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Richfield is $2,944 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 119 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Richfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Richfield 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brunswick with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Richfield, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Richfield, OH
25 Assisted Living Facilities near Richfield, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Richfield
Richfield, Ohio, was founded in 1809 and named after the rich soil in the area. Today, this small farming village has a winery, a bowling alley, a national park and a beautiful waterfall to keep the area’s 3,648 residents busy. The city has a senior population of 651, and some of those seniors may need to transition into assisted living in the coming years. To support this growing demographic, there are two assisted living facilities in the city proper, with an additional 25 located in nearby communities, such as Cuyahoga Falls, Akron and Cleveland. The Ohio Department of Health licenses these facilities as residential care facilities in Richfield and in all of Ohio.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Richfield
- Richfield’s cost of living is 108.8, notably higher than the U.S. average of 100, driven primarily by high housing costs in the area at 146.4. Seniors and their families may want to take the high cost of living in the village into consideration before relocating.
- Ohio fully taxes retirement savings account income, partially taxes both public and private pensions, and does not levy any taxes on Social Security benefits. This could impact how much money Richfield seniors have to put toward their care expenses.
- Seniors with respiratory issues may find that the air quality in Richfield helps alleviate some of their symptoms. The village has an air quality rating of 67, almost 10 points higher than the U.S. average of 58.
- The Richfield area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Broadview Heights.
- The violent crime rate in Richfield is 6.5, less than one-third of the national average of 22.7, and a property crime rate of 19.6, almost half the national average of 35.4. Although these crime rates are exceptionally low, it’s always a good idea to ask about security protocols when visiting prospective facilities.
- Temperatures in Richfield range between 20 and 83 degrees, which might make the area more appealing to seniors who dislike extreme seasonal temperatures. The village gets 38 inches of rain each year, on par with the national average, and 50 inches of annual snowfall, almost twice the national average of 28 inches. This could make getting around in Richmond difficult for seniors who rely on walkers, canes or other mobility devices.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Richfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Richfield start around $2,944 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Richfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Richfield
Richmond seniors with low-incomes may be able to qualify for one of Ohio’s Medicaid programs designed to provide support with assisted living expenses, such as the Assisted Living Waiver Program and MyCare Ohio.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Richfield
Richfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Richfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Richfield
Richfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Richfield, OH
Other Options in Richfield, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Richfield
Review of The Inn at Apple Ridge
The Inn at Apple Ridge was new, small, and had a pretty good range of activities. The people were very welcoming and friendly. The salesperson who took us through was very good and very nice. They ... Read more
Review of The Inn at Apple Ridge
The Inn at Apple Ridge is excellent, clean, the staff is very cordial and expert, and the top management is very hands-on. They're there to listen to you. I couldn't ask for any better expenditure ... Read more