47 Assisted Living Facilities near Copley, OH
There are 47 Assisted Living Facilities in the Copley area, with 2 in Copley and 45 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Copley is $3,945 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Barberton with an average starting cost of $3,185.
To help you with your search, browse the 236 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Copley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Copley 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fairlawn with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Copley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Copley, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Copley
Copley is a township located just west of Akron, Ohio, that is known for having many indoor and outdoor recreational activities for seniors. More than 1,900 people aged 65 and over call this community home, and there are two assisted living facilities available in the township and an additional 45 facilities located nearby. The Ohio Department of Health officially designates these facilities as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). They are licensed and regulated by the Bureau of Regulatory Operations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Copley
- Copley gets a passing grade for annual particle pollution from the American Lung Association. Active seniors who enjoy outdoor recreational activities shouldn't be concerned that the local air will be a problem for their breathing or overall health.
- Average high temperatures during July in Copley reach 83 degrees which provides a comfortable environment for seniors to enjoy local parks, trails and other outdoor activities. Unfortunately, winters are cold with average lows in January reaching 20 degrees.
- Copley has many different locations where seniors can appreciate local arts and culture. The Copley Historical Society Museum upholds the rich history of the area dating back hundreds of years, and the Hub Community Center is a regular spot for arts and music lessons as well as social gatherings.
- Seniors looking for a safe community will appreciate Copley's low rate of crime. The violent crime rate is 13.8 points below the national average, and the property crime rate is 14.9 points below the national average. Copley also has a lower rate of crime than the Akron Metro area as a whole.
- Families who require affordable assisted living arrangements may find just what they need in Copley. The cost of living in the community is 5.1% below the national average of 100.
- Copley has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fairlawn.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Copley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Copley start around $3,945 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Copley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Copley
Other than Medicaid, the state of Ohio provides no direct financial assistance for assisted living care. Those who meet the eligibility requirements for Medicaid may be able to use the Assisted Living Waiver. This program helps pay for certain services received in RCFs, including skilled nursing, medication assistance and housekeeping. It does not cover room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Copley
Copley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Copley, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Copley
Copley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Copley, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Copley
Review of Concordia at Sumner
We went to Concordia at Sumner. Their hallways are very long and it is more than one story. As we looked over the place, I could not see my husband be in a room on the second floor and then having ... Read more