27 Assisted Living Facilities near Wadsworth, OH
Also serving communities of Rittman, Seville.
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wadsworth area, with 2 in Wadsworth and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wadsworth is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 139 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wadsworth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wadsworth 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brunswick with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wadsworth, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wadsworth, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wadsworth
The 24,000 people of Wadsworth, OH, live in a town that's close enough for shopping in Akron or Cleveland, but far enough out for long strolls in open farmland. This town supports 25 assisted living communities, which are regulated at the state level by the Ohio Department of Health’s Office of Health Assurance and Licensing. This body sets standards for care quality and staff training at Ohio's assisted living communities, where residents get help managing their activities of daily living (ADLs) such as grooming and meal prep. Many communities also offer trips offsite and group activities for residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wadsworth
- Wadsworth is just west of Akron, which means it shares much of Akron's weather. Winters here can be dry and cold, which might create an issue for with COPD or asthma. Summer highs only get up to 84 degrees Fahrenheit in most years, and the area gets 36 inches of rain in a typical year.
Cost of living is higher in Wadsworth than in most other places in the United States. Seniors who shop for their own groceries here can expect to pay 9 percent more than the U.S average. Health care is also about 9 percent more expensive here than the average nationwide.
- Wage earners in Ohio pay between 0.495 and 4.997 percent in taxes to the state, as well as up to 3 percent more to support local governments on the city and county levels. SSI and many other forms of retirement income are exempt from state income tax, though seniors who shop still pay 6.5 to 8 percent extra in sales tax.
- Crime is fairly low in Wadsworth, OH. Rates for most crimes here are less than half what they are nationwide, and lower still compared with rates in nearby Akron.
- Medina County Transit operates a senior-friendly program for adults over 65 and riders with disabilities. This program offers free ride vouchers and discount fares for seniors who need to get into town once a week to shop, visit the doctor or run errands on their own.
- The Wadsworth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Summa Health Wadsworth-Rittman Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wadsworth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Wadsworth start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wadsworth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wadsworth
Seniors in Ohio may be eligible for the state's Assisted Living Waiver program and/or the residential state supplement. Both help pay some or all of the cost of assisted living for aging citizens who need some level of residential care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wadsworth
Wadsworth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wadsworth, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wadsworth
Wadsworth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wadsworth, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wadsworth
Review of Liberty Residence II
My mother-in-law is at Liberty Residence, and we're very happy with it. They had all kinds of activities before COVID. They take them out to places, and they do all kinds of things. They also offer... Read more
Review of Liberty Residence II
My aunt is in Liberty Residence II. The staff is OK. Some things could be better, but we're working with them. The rooms are nice. They have people coming in to play music, which is a good thing fo... Read more
Review of Liberty Residence II
Liberty Residence II was nice. They had a dining area, TV room, and a very clean library with lots of books. The residents looked happy. The rooms were clean and had a refrigerator, microwave, and ... Read more