27 Assisted Living Facilities near North Royalton, OH
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Royalton area, with 2 in North Royalton and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in North Royalton is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Richfield with an average starting cost of $2,944.
To help you with your search, browse the 105 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Royalton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Royalton 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Strongsville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Royalton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in North Royalton, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Royalton
North Royalton is a quiet suburban community located just outside Cleveland, Ohio. The North Royalton library is part of the Cuyahoga County Public Library System, the busiest per capita library system in the U.S., making this town a great place for seniors who enjoy reading.
There are 39 assisted living facilities near North Royalton, including two within the city limits and others in nearby communities such as Parma, Cleveland and Strongville. In North Royalton, as in all of Ohio, assisted living facilities are referred to as Residential Care Facilities and are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Royalton
- North Royalton has a temperate climate with distinct seasons strongly influenced by Lake Erie. The warm, humid summers are moderated by winds off the lake, while the cold winters are sometimes accompanied by lake snow squalls, so seniors can enjoy a variety of different seasonal activities in the area.
- The crime rate in North Royalton is about 34 percent lower than the overall crime rate for all of Ohio and 33 percent lower than the entire U.S., making it one of the safer neighborhoods for seniors in the state.
- North Royalton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Office on Aging, an organization that provides health care screenings, free government program assistance and a variety of social activities as well as operating an on-site senior center.
- The North Royalton Senior Van program provides free transportation for local seniors to medical appointments and shopping areas. The neighborhood is also serviced by the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, which offers discounted senior rates to residents age 65 and up.
- The North Royalton area has no hospitals from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in Cleveland and Parma.
- As part of the greater Cleveland area, North Royalton has some problems with air pollution. The area including Cleveland, Akron and Canton, OH is ranked 10th worst in the nation for year-round particle pollution by the American Lung Association.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Royalton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in North Royalton start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Royalton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Royalton
The Ohio Department of Aging offers financial assistance for assisted living to Medicaid-eligible seniors through the Assisted Living Waiver program and the Residential State Supplement (RSS) program. This program provides a monthly cash supplement specifically for room and board at a licensed assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Royalton
North Royalton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Royalton, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Royalton
North Royalton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near North Royalton, OH
Other Options in North Royalton, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Royalton
Review of Royalton Woods
This is a great choice for your aging loved one in transition that has some independence, but needs more social engagement monitoring and some assistance with their daily needs. The director an... Read more
Review of Royalton Woods
Royalton Woods is the closest to our family. I like having the ability to opt out of the medication management fee if the resident is able to give themselves their own medicines and the deduction f... Read more
Review of Athenian Assisted Living
I had my mother in law there for about six months. At first they were very nice. I gave them two stars for this reason and I think that everyone who goes there to put a loved one into one of thes... Read more