17 Assisted Living Facilities near Ypsilanti, MI
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ypsilanti area, with 6 in Ypsilanti and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ypsilanti is $2,735 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Romulus with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 143 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ypsilanti. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ypsilanti 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Belleville with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ypsilanti, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ypsilanti, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ypsilanti
Often called Ypsi, the city of Ypsilanti is best known as the home of Eastern Michigan University, where seniors can take classes for enrichment. The city frames itself as "progressive with an eclectic arts scene." Every first Friday of the month from April through December, the city hosts a community-wide arts and culture walk for residents of all ages to enjoy.
Seniors can also explore 26 assisted living facilities located in and around Ypsilanti to find the one that best suits them. All are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ypsilanti
- It's easy to get around Ypsilanti. The Ann Arbor Area Transportation System provides regular, scheduled public bus service throughout Ypsilanti and between the city and other points in southeast Michigan. In addition, the Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations, making it ideal for seniors who can't walk far.
- Located in southeast Michigan along the Huron River, Ypsilanti is known for its warm summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in January is 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 85 degrees in July.
- Ypsilanti has an array of community resources for seniors, including Catholic Services of Washtenaw County, an organization that provides meals, wellness classes and discounted transportation, as well as a senior center.
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is a growing problem in Ypsilanti as it is in many other parts of southeast Michigan. The crime rate is 20 percent higher than the national average, making the city safer than just 11 percent of American cities.
- The Ypsilanti area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Forest Health Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ypsilanti is home to a number of cultural sites and museums. Chief among these are the Matthaei Botanical Gardens, the Michigan Firehouse Museum and the Ypsilanti Historical Museum. Ypsilanti seniors can usually get a discount on admission to area events and attractions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ypsilanti
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Ypsilanti start around $2,735 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ypsilanti and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ypsilanti
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ypsilanti
Ypsilanti and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ypsilanti, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ypsilanti
Ypsilanti-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ypsilanti, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ypsilanti
Review of Vibrant Life Superior Township
The set up of Vibrant Life Superior Township was multiple buildings based on the level of care of the residents. They were beautiful and each of them had a square with a centralized garden in the m... Read more
Review of Superior Woods Healthcare Center
Staff is friendly helpful and caring in assisted living. Mom is happy there. Her room is spacious and she has it to herself. Charlotte RN Kaye Bryan Oscar have been a blessing to us in her... Read more
Review of American House Carpenter
My dad is in assisted living at American House Carpenter. The staff is nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. He said the food is decent. There is no pool, but they have a salon. I talked to him, and f... Read more