10 Assisted Living Facilities near Saline, MI
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saline area, with 4 in Saline and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saline is $4,925 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Ann Arbor with an average starting cost of $3,572.
To help you with your search, browse the 76 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saline. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saline 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include New Boston with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saline, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saline, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saline
Located in Washtenaw County, Saline, Michigan has been on CNN/Money's list of best places to live three times, most recently in 2009. It has also been on their list of best places to retire. Seniors who want to take advantage of all Saline has to offer and who need daily living assistance will find 19 assisted living facilities in the Saline area. All are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, which is a part of the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saline
- The Saline area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph Mercy Saline Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in southeast Michigan along the Saline River, Saline is known for its mild summers and severely cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature is 31 degrees Fahrenheit in January and 83 degrees in July.
- The Saline Senior Center provides a number of services for residents age 60 and older, including meals on wheels, exercise programs and discounted bus transportation.
- Crime in Saline is much less of a problem than it is in other parts of Michigan. The city's crime rate is 76 percent lower than the national average, making Saline safer than 82 percent of American cities.
- There are plenty of public transportation options in the Saline, Michigan area. Ride Saline provides on-demand public bus service throughout Saline Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. In addition, the Michigan Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations.
- Saline is home to the annual Celtic Festival. In addition, Saline residents can enjoy the Davenport-Curtiss House historic site, hiking in Mill Pond Park and exploring the Dicken Woods Nature Area. Most events and attractions in Saline offer some sort of senior discount.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saline
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Saline start around $4,925 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saline and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saline
Saline, Michigan seniors who meet the eligibility requirements will find several federal and state programs to help them pay for assisted living. These include Healthy Michigan, MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saline
Saline and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saline, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saline
Saline-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saline
Review of Linden Square Assisted Living Center
I went to Linden Square Assisted Living Center. I know people who live there. I had dinner there; it's OK. They don't have as much stuff for the residents like the other places, but that's not goin... Read more
Review of StoryPoint Saline
My mother stayed at StoryPoint Saline for a month. It was an excellent experience although the move-in was a little confusing. I think they weren't expecting us, but two weeks before she came in, m... Read more
Review of Linden Square Assisted Living Center
Linden Square Assisted Living Center had 12 levels of care, and my husband was a level 8. He had a stroke after we got him there, and they brought in hospice. Our experience has been quite good. Th... Read more