Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care

Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care

By bpowelke

My father has only been a resident for a short time. The staff that I have had contact with have been amazing. They show great compassion for the residents and have answered all my questions and have accommodated dads needs, I personally feel that staff has helped dad settle in with compassion and care . The activities are great and will keep dad the social butterfly that he is. The food looks outstanding and plenty of it ( dad states it’s good ) I have been greeted with Warmth every time I’ve visited.

Memory Care Reviews for Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care

August 19, 2021

By whydoineed this

The rooms are nice & roomy - closets are huge. The grounds are beautiful. The most of the staff seems friendly & helpful - although it doesn't seem to be enough of them to go around. When my mom was in the memory care unit the staff was good - especially liked Dorian who is no longer there. I think it depends on the needs of the residents on how well the staff is...when my mom moved in - it was a more docile/quiet bunch..i hardly heard a complaint from mom. As residents changed there were more "active/rambunctious" residents in the unit and this resulted with problems for my mother. A particular resident would just open her door & go into her room - whether she was there or not - sometimes laying on the bed - going into the bathroom - etc. There was probably just not enough staff to help this situation. Each resident can't have thier own staff member. My aunt & myself were extremely pleased that gwen & sam had a solution to our problem even before we asked to have her moved. She seems to be much more relaxed and happy in the assisted living unit. food - i would rate average - based on mom's opinions - some she likes - some she doesn't. housekeeping - not sure what all of their duties are but we noticed when we moved mom to her new room - everything had layers of dust. activities - i am sure they are fine - my mom is not a joiner and may wander out when she feels like. Her first answer is no Events - nice events/parties although nothing for a while due to covid - it would be nice to see that happen again. overall a great place - i like that the facility is not too large - it seems homey.

Thank you for your review and all of your kind words. We are glad that you like the community and find the staff to be friendly. We are disappointed about the incident with your mom in memory care but are glad to have found a solution that worked. Memory care can be a fluid environment at times, and we always strive to best meet the needs of every resident. We have worked hard to keep our residents both engaged and safe during the pandemic and look forward to returning to all of our regular events as well. Thank you again for your feedback, and if you would like to discuss the details of your review any further, the executive director at the community would be happy to talk.

August 11, 2021

By 4family

My mother has been a resident at Gaslight for 5 years. The staff is kind, respectful and competent in there care of the residents. They have seen my mother through her progression of dementia and now physical limitations. The facility is clean and we'll maintained. The activities offered keep the residents entertained and engaged which is priceless.

By Wanita

Facility is clean, residents appear to be treated with respect. The freedom of the court yard is great for an outdoor lover. During the shutdown was nice to see that activities were still going on just reworked to keep distance. They were then shared on Facebook so the ones at home could see how loved one was handling the serious event. The routine of the place seemed to slow the progression of the dementia since it took away the anxiety the resident had trying to fit in on the outside.

By DESHEA

What makes Gaslight Village Asst Living & Memory Care in Adrian, MI, so unique, is their quality Care Team members. It’s the People! Choosing elder care was not an easy decision, and Gaslight continues to give us peace of mind in knowing that at each new stage of our our journey, our mom is surrounded and cared for by her very talented Gaslight Family. Their enrichment activities, menus, and beautiful living environment are second to none! In addition, their ongoing community approach to creating an interactive Home within the greater community is what makes them a shining star in our hometown. But most importantly, theirs are the arms that hold and tend to our loved one in our absence, and for that there are no words to express how truly blessed and grateful Our Family is for that!

By Audrey Lyn

Rooms are very nice and well kept. My father says the food is great. The activities are very engaging and he really enjoys them. Staff is very caring and friendly. They have a church session which he really enjoys. Great place! I know my father is very well taken care of.
See all Memory Care reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Costs for Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care

• State Licenses: AH460361737

• Get Costs

About Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care

At Gaslight Village, a Leisure Living Community in Adrian, MI, residents can relax under the pergola on a warm summer day or keep warm next to the fireplace in the winter. With assisted living and memory care options, our residents experience the joys of everyday life in a continuing care environment – living in the local community that is familiar to them, so they and their families will feel at home. Our community provides each resident with open, comfortable spaces that encourage everyone to fully enjoy each day.

Amenities:

• Nutritious meals designed to meet a variety of dietary needs
  • Multiple floor-plan options
  • Wheelchair-friendly
  • Walk-in showers with safety bars
  • Interior walking areas
  • Life enrichment activities
  • Housekeeping and laundry services
  • Peaceful outdoor spaces
  • And more
  • Assisted Living:

Our Assisted Living community provides personalized care in a comfortable, home-like environment. Assisted Living residents stay active and engaged with robust life enrichment programs and maintain as much independence as possible while being supported by around the clock care. Residents are provided with freshly prepared meals and housekeeping services to meet their needs and allow for a worry-free lifestyle.

Memory Care:

Moments Memory Care™ is Michigan’s first trademarked Memory Care Program. We focus on providing a safe, comfortable environment for those experiencing memory loss. Our Moments program balances residents’ physical and emotional needs with individualized care planning and specially trained care team members.

Map of Gaslight Village Assisted Living & Memory Care