33 Assisted Living Facilities near Lambertville, MI
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lambertville area, with 1 in Lambertville and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lambertville is $4,395 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Temperance with an average starting cost of $3,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 129 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lambertville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lambertville 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Maumee with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Lambertville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lambertville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lambertville, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lambertville
Lambertville, Michigan is located in Monroe County about 20 miles away from the city of Monroe and was home to just under 10,000 residents at the time of the 2010 census. The area has a large senior community, with adults over the age of 65 accounting for about 18 percent of the population. To support its senior population, Lambertville offers just one assisted living facility, but seniors who are willing to branch out from this small Census-Designated Place (CDP) will find an additional 54 facilities nearby.
In Michigan, assisted living facilities are licensed and monitored by the Department of Human Services. They're designated as "homes for the aged" or "adult foster care," depending on the minimum age of the residents they're licensed to care for.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lambertville
- Lambertville experiences cold, snowy winters, with January lows around 18 degrees Fahrenheit and roughly 38 inches of annual snowfall. With July highs in the low-80s, the region's warm, mild summers may appeal to seniors who enjoy being outdoors.
- Monroe County was given a "B" for short-term particle pollution by the American Lung Association. Seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions may benefit from the region's relatively clean air.
- The cost of living in Lambertville is slightly more expensive than the state and U.S. medians, largely because of the relatively high cost of transportation. Seniors can expect to spend about 9 percent less on healthcare and grocery expenses, which may help offset the higher transportation expenses.
- In Michigan, while seniors do not pay taxes on their Social Security benefits, income from retirement accounts is taxed. However, the state provides a large deduction for retirement income, which helps to minimize the expense.
- Lambertville's crime rate is low compared to county, state and national averages, making it well-suited for seniors who enjoy being active in the community. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high, crime, the violent crime score for the area is 26.6, and the property crime score is 23.9.
- The Lambertville area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sylvania, Ohio.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lambertville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Lambertville start around $4,395 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lambertville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lambertville
Lambertville seniors who reside in homes for the aged and meet income restrictions may qualify to have their assisted living expenses covered through the Medicaid State Plan. Additionally, Michigan provides an optional state supplement for Supplemental Security Income, which can be used toward monthly expenses, including assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lambertville
Lambertville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lambertville, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lambertville
Lambertville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lambertville
Review of Aspen Grove
My mother came here 5 years ago. The facility is very clean and decorating is very nice. The staff is very friendly and like all facilities of this type often short staffed and over worked. But the... Read more
Review of Aspen Grove
We needed a place for my ailing father to recuperate and my doctor's office suggested Aspen Grove. The facility is wonderful. It is clean, bright and well maintained. The staff are very friendly a... Read more
Review of Aspen Grove
I'd say Aspen Grove is pretty good. It's OK so far, but I needed to call them because my mother was in pain and wanted some medications and they weren't coming so she called me for help. I called t... Read more