16 Assisted Living Facilities near Maumee, OH
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Maumee area, with 3 in Maumee and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Maumee is $4,050 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 85 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Maumee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Maumee 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fremont with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Maumee, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Maumee, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Maumee
Maumee, Ohio, is an All America City city located on the banks of the Maumee River, a few miles southwest of Toledo. The population of Maumee is almost 14,000 with nine percent aged 65 and over. To meet the needs of seniors, there are two assisted living facilities in Maumee and 32 more facilities in the neighboring cities of Bowling Green, Perrysburg, Toledo and Sylvania. In Maumee, as in all of Ohio, assisted living facilities are designated as residential care facilities (RCF) and regulated by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). They also conduct facility inspections, including one surprise inspection each year.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Maumee
- Maumee experiences typical Midwest temperatures with highs in the summer reaching an average of 84 degrees with winter lows averaging 18 degrees. Winters can be very snowy in Maumee with the average snowfall of 32 inches, six more inches than the national average.
- The cost of living in Maumee is 16.2 percent lower than the national average, especially in the areas of housing, groceries and utilities.
- Moderately higher than national average tax rates are in effect in the city of Maumee. The Maumee sales tax rate is also slightly higher at 7.3 percent compared to the 6 percent U.S. average. The income tax rate is more in line with the national average at 5 percent compared to the 4.6 percent national average.
- The Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority (TARTA) is the major source of public transportation in Maumee. TARTA vehicles are 100 percent wheelchair accessible and the transit authority also provides a TARPS Paratransit service for riders with special needs. For those interested in long-distance travel, there is an Amtrak station in Toledo about eight miles from Maumee for more travel options.
- The Maumee Senior Center keeps seniors active with exercise classes, tai chi, line dancing, chair yoga, card games, art classes and special education classes.
- The Maumee area is home to St. Luke's Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Maumee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Maumee start around $4,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Maumee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Maumee
Financial assistance for funding assisted living options is available to seniors in Maumee through Ohio's Residential State Supplement (RSS) program. Finances received through the program are intended to supplement an applicant's Social Security or Disability payments. There is also an Assisted Living Waiver available through Medicaid which can benefit qualified seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Maumee
Maumee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Maumee, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Maumee
Maumee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Maumee, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Maumee
Review of Maumee Pointe - Now Open
Maumee Pointe is brand-new. It's just opening, but so far, it looks like a good one. It's very beautiful and depending on the way the world is, I have trust in it. It's across the driveway of urgen... Read more
Review of Elizabeth Scott Community
I like that Elizabeth Scott Community is family-owned and the fact that we don't enter at one level and stay there. You may come in as independent living and end up in a nursing home, but you never... Read more
Review of Elizabeth Scott Community
I toured Elizabeth Scott Community, and I visited both the nursing and the assisted living. I think it's a fabulous facility. They have everything that my dad would want. It's a family-owned busine... Read more