Genacross Lutheran Services - Wolf Creek Campus

Reviews of Genacross Lutheran Services - Wolf Creek Campus

Assisted Living Reviews for Genacross Lutheran Services - Wolf Creek Campus

August 28, 2016

By vmyers920

The grounds and facilities are beautiful! My mother was in the assisted living portion for 1-1/2 years and I'd say up until the last month her care was pretty good. The last month or so her cognitive ability began to decline more and so did her care. When my mother was admitted they knew, as we did, that she had dementia - her doctor who is a gerontology doctor recommended this place but when my mother's dementia worsened they said she was not a candidate for the nursing home. We would have never moved her there had we known she couldn't transition to nursing. My advice - if your loved one has dementia or Alzheimer's - take them to a memory care facility right away where the aides are properly trained with this disease. Save them and your family from the trauma of having to move them again. I'm rating this poor only because the last month she was there she was not properly cared for and that is totally uncalled for. Two residents there even commented that my mother was not getting the proper care she deserves. No matter what your disease is - we are still human beings and need to be treated with dignity.

June 28, 2016

By A Relative685275

My relative is at Lutheran Village at Wolf Creek. Many of the nurses and staff have been good but some of them aren't. The rooms look clean. I'd give the food a 4 because it looks like it's pretty tasty. They try to make it tastier than hospital food. They have social recreations.

October 05, 2015

We were very impressed with the facility. It was very clean and very friendly, and it did meet our needs. We know several people who are there already; some from Church and just friends that we've known from the community. The only setback was that it was a lot more expensive. Security was very good, and safety appeared to be good too. We've had distant family members in there, and the food is good -- I've eaten there. They certainly took good care of the people right up until the end of their lives. I'd give them a four only because their prices were too high.

February 29, 2012

By lokimom

I volunteered in a variety of areas in this nursing home which also incorporates an assisted living community. While my great-grandfather was alive I wish that this home had been available to him. Not only does it offer a variety of places which make it more of a community than a home, such as a gift shop and a bauuty salon, but the many people who run these locations enjoy their work, and I heard from more than one employee the reason they work at Wolf Creek is because of what they saw at other places when their parents were moved to a home. Many open spaces in the design of the building encourage mingling of patients and visitors and family was always welcomed into activities which often included bingo and card games. The staff also seemed to go the extra effort to make the family feel welcome with a smile or talking about how their loved one missed them. I think its important with a nursing home to make the experience not only pleasant for the elderly, but for their family, because it can be hard seeing a loved one incapable of caring for themself and any extra unpleasantness seems only one more reason to skip the occasional visit.

Independent Living Reviews for Genacross Lutheran Services - Wolf Creek Campus

Nursing Home Reviews for Genacross Lutheran Services - Wolf Creek Campus

Services and Amenities of Genacross Lutheran Services - Wolf Creek Campus

About Genacross Lutheran Services - Wolf Creek Campus

Refund Plan: 80%# of Current Purchase Price. Priority access to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis. Rental plan also available.

Map of Genacross Lutheran Services - Wolf Creek Campus