Aspen Grove Lambertville, MI

Reviews of Aspen Grove

Assisted Living Reviews for Aspen Grove

March 07, 2017

By Neil487182

I visited Aspen Grove. It had nice rooms. The people seemed to be happy. It looked like a pretty good facility. I thought it was run professionally. I liked that it was all at one floor. They seemed to have lots of activities for the people who were residing there. It was easier for the residents to move and get around with. It was very spacious.

January 20, 2017

By DB266732

Aspen Grove was a very nice community. My husband was in there for two months, and they did very well taking care of him. I don't have any complaints. They had activities and took them out to do different things. The food was OK. The staff was excellent, and the aides were really good. The rooms were good; my husband had a nice, private room. They had a game room and chapel in the main hall.

November 21, 2016

By Anita522573

Aspen Grove was very nice, but it’s a thousand dollars more than another facility I looked at. The rooms were well, and it’s a little newer. I don’t have to pay for her laundry to get done. I just didn’t feel it was any better than the other place my sister was in.

August 18, 2016

By Mike244415

What a beautiful place Aspen Grove is. It’s very well decorated and looks like a very comfortable location. The staff is very nice. There are a lot of business around the community for the residents to visit. The most important thing is that this place did not smell like urine, so this community stood out immediately.

October 27, 2015

By Sandy S2

Aspen Grove was very nice. The rooms were bigger than the other place we visited. They had a memory-care unit and regular assisted living. If your family member progresses and needs more care and they need to be in a secure unit, they have that there. I didn't choose that for my mom, because she has limited funds. The grounds were beautiful, and the inside of the place was beautiful also. I didn't speak to any of the staff members. I had an appointment, but there wasn't anybody there to show me around, just the receptionist at the front. She just walked me into one room that was empty.

June 18, 2015

Aspen Grove is very nice, very clean, and very bright. I like that they have their own bathroom that is huge. The rooms were adequate enough too. I met the staff, and they were very pleasant and very nice. I looked at the calendar, and it seems there was a lot going on like singing and bingo. They would get together for birthdays. It was in a very nice neighborhood. It was very homey, and people seem very happy.

March 20, 2015

By Jackie33

I find Aspen Grove to be very nice. It’s more new and modern than the other facility. The staff that I have talked to I found to be very nice. I do know one patient who was my neighbor’s wife was at Aspen Grove. I don’t know what the reason was, but they asked him to move her, and he took her over to the other facility mom was in. I do know some of my neighbor’s mothers and fathers have been there, and they are very pleased with the place.

November 18, 2011

By Beth1

The staff is great!!! Sure made our lives easier to place our mom in this facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Aspen Grove

Questions about Aspen Grove

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Magnolia trails training and in services monthly.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Aspen Grove. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents from the age of 61-101. Residents enjoy using our manicured court yards and block top walking path.

What programs or activities does Aspen Grove offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Aspen Grove we focus on mind, body and soul. We offer a wide variety of activities which include cardio drumming, trivia games, church services and community outings.

What places are near Aspen Grove or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Kroger and a small shopping plaza are within walking distance.

What transportation services does Aspen Grove offer to assisted living residents?

Aspen Grove utilizes the Bedford Health van form outside medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Aspen Grove exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer 3 restaurant style meals a daily, along with a wide variety of choices if the special of the day is not what you would like.

What safety features or security measures does Aspen Grove offer to assisted living residents?

We have a state of the art pendent system for our resident to use when they are in need of assistance. We also have community cameras along the outside if the building and the main areas inside the community.

How does Aspen Grove keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication is key, a member of our team will contact family with any changes or concerns regarding a resident.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Aspen Grove during daytime and nighttime hours?

We schedule our staff based on our residents needs.

If Aspen Grove accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents are more then welcome to have a furry friend as long as they are able to care for it. We have courtyards and a walking path that goes around the whole community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff are IN serviced monthly with training.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We schedule staff based on the residents needs.

What safety features or security measures does Aspen Grove provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a fully secure memory care and a fully secure hallway of assisted living.

What programs or activities does Aspen Grove offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Creativity boxes, conversation starters, gardening/growing own food, pet therapy, memory games, cornhole, bingo along with daily exercising.

Our Wellness Director does an initial assessment. We then do another assessment every 6 months.

What techniques does Aspen Grove use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Soft dinner music, red plates to encourage eating, scented wash cloths. We also assist residents when they are no longer able to feed them selves.

How does Aspen Grove keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Communication is key, our wellness team monitors your loved one and will alert family and PCP as needed.

Describe the neighborhood around Aspen Grove. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are Lambertville's hidden gem. Aspen Grove is located in down town and tucked among a calming woods.

Is Aspen Grove affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Families are able to chose a hospital of choice. We are located about 5 miles from the nearest hospital St Annes.

Costs for Aspen Grove

Photos of Aspen Grove

Services and Amenities of Aspen Grove

• Fee Structure Extra: None

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Housing Extra: None

• Dining Extra: None

• Features Extra: Ice Cream Shop, Grand Room With Piano.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: None

• State Licenses: AH580356894

About Aspen Grove

Discover Aspen Grove, a warm and inviting Assisted Living and Memory Care community tucked among a calming wooded area in Lambertville, MI. Our goal is to enrich the lives of residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Surround yourself in an atmosphere of nurturing care and enjoy daily social, educational and recreational programs and activities. Live in apartment homes offering desirable features such as full-sized kitchenettes and spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers. Residents appreciate our indoor “courtyard” with bountiful skylights, cozy sitting areas, an ice cream parlor and beauty salon. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may require assistance with activities of daily living including housekeeping tasks. Our community is near shopping, dining and entertainment venues and is within minutes of two local hospitals. Aspen Grove provides the care that allows residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment.

Aspen Grove offers some long-term care, 2-person assist, special diets, feeding assistance, incontince care, breathing treatments, insulin care, hospice care

Map of Aspen Grove