StoryPoint Waterville

Reviews of StoryPoint Waterville

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Waterville

April 10, 2022

By Sharon

I like that StoryPoint Waterville has a nice big room. I don't know how all the rooms are, but I know that I'm in a large room with a bathroom inside the room, so I don't have to go out in the hall or anything. It's very clean and seems to be run very well. The employees have all been very nice and very helpful. They have a lot of activities and it depends on the individual people that are here, whether they can do them or not. They have plenty of different activities like bingo and different classes and exercise things. Each section here has its own dining area. They're very nice and very similar to restaurant-style. The food, they usually have at least two choices that you can make. Nothing is ever exactly like what you're used to or have at home, but the food has been fine. The rooms are very nice, very clean and not congested.

November 11, 2021

By James

I completed a tour at StoryPoint Waterville and I am impressed with them. I toured mainly the assisted living side. I was impressed with it because I think they're well-organized and caring. The rooms I saw were very nice. The maintenance looks good and it looks like it's done very well. The staff was very helpful, answered a lot of our questions, and provided a lot of good information. One of the things we like about it is that it's very close to our home. It's also a new facility, or fairly new, and it looks like it's well-run. I didn't try their food but they have several dining areas. They all look like they're nicely appointed, and I was told that they make all their food from scratch there.

August 30, 2021

By Mary

StoryPoint Waterville is new and it's clean. We toured the assisted living. The rooms are bigger, the dining facility is great, you couldn't even compare it to anything. The staff showed us the menu. We were there during meal time, but we didn't eat. I would have to say the environment is slightly more conservative, which is more my dad's personality. Affordability was a big issue though, as it was much more expensive. The staff was great and the facility was top-notch. The furniture was nicer and newer. I also liked the accessibility of getting to elevators and things like that. The layout was a little better than the other ones I've seen. The location was fine. It's an area that's being developed, so there was a grocery store right around it, like you could walk to a Kroger. It has a smaller town feel, but it's being quickly developed, so I don't think that will last. There's access to a metro park, so that was nice. There's a shuttle, but not direct access, so that small-town feel is going to be gone soon.

July 06, 2021

By Todd

StoryPoint Waterville had everything that the place we chose had, but the cost was too high. The staff who gave the tour did an excellent job and was professional. The rooms were nice, clean, well-put together, and unfurnished. The atmosphere seemed fine, and the activities were fine. There was plenty of stuff for them to do. What stood out to me was the cleanliness and that it didn't smell.

June 23, 2021

By Jean

I looked at StoryPoint Waterville. It was beautiful, and it was new, which was very nice. They seemed to have a lot of amenities, and the conveniences were easily accessible. It seemed like a very nice place. The rooms were small, but that's to be expected, but they were very clean, very nice, and very updated. They have a restaurant, a bistro, and a lounge area with the piano. They have a bus for transportation to appointments and things like that. It seems like they've thought of everything. The staff I met was fine. It just felt very sterile and it didn't feel cozy.

May 13, 2021

By darinsmith

Other

Covid prevented us from having the interaction that we would have liked, but when we were there, the staff were very nice and accommodating. Mom was always clean and well put together

March 18, 2021

By Kay

I like StoryPoint Waterville. It's new and beautiful, and the person who gave us the tour, Lindsay, was very nice. We met with the nurse and the chef, and they were both very professional, very good, and very knowledgeable. We saw both the enhanced living and independent living. The rooms are fairly new and adequate for what we were looking for. I think they gave us a choice between something in enhanced living and something in independent living. The price was probably higher there, but they were more inclusive -- like there are three meals a day. The staff also brought the dinner meal to our house for us to try. It's very bright inside, well lit, and very nice, and they have friendly staff, too.

October 09, 2020

By Steve

StoryPoint Waterville was very, very good. The staff was very good. If my mother was going to one, that's where I will send her. I walked through it and talked to them. It's a classy place. The apartments were fine. For senior citizens that's not going to have the mobility like I would have, I think they're fine. It's a very clean place. They had a memory care unit, and they had medications and things that my mom would have needed to have in order to get by.

September 30, 2019

By Charlene Hansen

Mom moved up from Florida after having some major health issues over the past two years. She has been living at StoryPoint for a year and I believe her quality of life has improved. A selling point was she could have her two dogs with her! Plus the staff is outstanding! It's hard to get a hold of her sometimes because she is always doing something. A resident can be as active as they want to be but they can't be a wall flower and hide. Mom enjoys her new friends. Having her closer in proximity gives me peace of mind.

September 12, 2019

By Karen Rose

My mom is here and in a studio room. This room is very roomy and allows plenty of light in all rooms. Staff couldn’t be nicer to mom and they call us by our names. They are all so kind and personal. And have many activities for all the residents. We love it here. Thank you.

July 26, 2019

By Patty L

The decision to move my mother from her home of 35 years to Story Point was very very difficult in itself - yet I can honestly say Story Point has made this choice much easier. The rooms are brand new and housekeeping does a great job of keeping them clean on a daily basis. Every staff member from the wellness director to the food server has been positive and easy to work with. Everyone looks out for all the residents there and know them all by name and what food they like/dont like! Highly recommend!

April 05, 2019

By Doug

When I visited the facility was very clean and the staff very friendly

March 30, 2019

By Dona

Story Point is a very clean and well maintained facility. The staff is always so friendly and accommodating when we visit our loved one. So pleased with the all around experience at Story Point.

November 19, 2018

By Jeff

I met with Tina and many staff members and was very impressed with the facility. I was equally impressed with Tina's honesty in helping me make a decision on where my ZMom needs to be and the services she requires. Although Stoneypoint is still constructing an assited living/memory care facility-my Mom need these services now-so when they do open these facilities, we will be on the list as perspective residents.

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Waterville

September 15, 2021

By Colleen

StoryPoint Waterville is absolutely beautiful. It's new, it's only a few years old, so everything was up-to-date, there was no old carpeting or wear and tear in the building yet. We saw the independent living and it had a very elegant feel. The staff was very pleasant and very nice, but a little pushy. The dining area was more like restaurant quality. It looked like they had a lot of activities and amenities to offer. There was a lot going on. They were having a beauty contest when we were there. They were modeling clothes and walking the show and everything.

May 23, 2021

By Sabrina 1

The rooms are nicely presented. Of course they are clean, and contain neutral decor. The staff members are beyond wonderful. My dad adores all of them. He tells me that the staff makes his residency there the best experience. They have always been kind and accommodating to me as well. Everyday is a celebration such as chocolate cake day, Dr. Suess day, etc. The staff conducts many creative activities to engage the residence. I know this because they post photos on Facebook, and then I follow up with telling my dad that he was a celebrity again today!

May 23, 2021

By Cheryl Old

Wonderful facility! Fabulous staff! Caregivers that treat your loved ones as if they were their own family! The apartments are spacious and gorgeous. Modern and bright. The life enrichment team does a great job with activities for the residents, staff and families. From bingo to celebrations to happy hours...there is always something going on. My mother loves it here!!

May 10, 2021

By Susan

My brother is going to the StoryPoint Waterville. The visit was very professional and very informative, and it was a really nice place. They have crafts, they have an exercise room, and they have a physical therapist on hand. Some of their amenities were a barbershop, a family doctor who is available, and day trips to various places around the city.

February 20, 2021

By grj1996

Responsive is the word that comes to mind when I think about the staff at Story Point Waterville (SPW). When I first started calling Senior Living Facilities, SPW was the only place where I immediately spoke with the Sales/Marketing Manager. SPW was also the only place that let my mother and I come and tour the facility. When I wanted to know about the quality of the food, the Sales Manager let mom and I pick anything off the menu, and the kitchen would have it ready for us by the time the tour was over. We could judge for ourselves the quality of SPW’s food. That is having confidence in your product. Senior Living is not cheap, and SPW worked with us, to find an equitable and affordable solution. SPW partnered with us and SPW worked to gain our business. I respect that. I find the entire staff to be helpful, friendly and responsive. I know if I call the front desk about an issue my mom is having, I know it will be taken care of. My concerns are not ignored. As a family member of a resident, this is very important. My mother's apartment is spacious, clean and well maintained. The Maintenance Team has been very gracious, prompt and professional in solving the few minor issues with mom’s apartment. The onsite Activities Staff has been helpful in getting my mother engaged in activities, outside of her apartment. They were also helpful in arranging onsite salon appointments. My encounters with the House Keeping staff are all positive, and they never balk about an extra request, like: “Please vacuum under the bed.” The food at SPW is excellent. My mother always says how good her meals are. As a family member, it is important for me to know what is happening with my loved one. I feel that all members of SPW treat both me, and my mother, with dignity and respect. I am kept well-informed. During this difficult time of Covid-19, SPW was proactive in protecting our Seniors. The Executive Director kept family members informed on the status of the vaccine, visitation, dining and whatever else would be relevant. My mother and I are both pleased with the choice of SPW Senior Living. We both feel that mom is in a safe place and is well taken care of. I am grateful for the care, service and attention SPW provides to my mother and me. Five Stars. I would definitely recommend. Thank you.

February 07, 2021

By Julia G.

My mother has been a resident in Enhanced Living since the summer of 2019. Her one-bedroom apartment is bright and her belongings and furnishings make it into a very pleasant personal space. The amenities at StoryPoint include attractive dining rooms for communal meals, outdoor seating areas, indoor lounge areas for small or more numerous groups, a hair salon, a pool table area, cafe, bistro, and a van for occasional help with transportation. The activity calendar, which is planned with great diligence and enthusiasm by the Activity Coordinators each month, is chock-a-block with things to do: Happy hours, cooking, crafting, excursions, films, lectures, bingo... if you can think of it, it's probably on the schedule somewhere. But the aspect of the community that means the most to me is the friendly and trustworthy staff. I feel that they see Mom as a person who is living her life every day, as well as a resident who relies on them for so many things. Particularly during the distancing measures during COVID this past year, it was hard seeing so little of her, yet I knew she had the protection and care of so many people. The various directors and coordinators--and even the chef and restaurant staff!--make themselves available to discuss problems or requests with families when the need arises. The move into a managed care community is a difficult one, but many people at StoryPoint are helping my mom--and, frankly, me--make the transition.

February 19, 2020

By Paula Jahns

My mother has been a resident of StoryPoint for the past 6 months. She loves everything about StoryPoint and mentions often how happy she is. She loves her spacious two bedroom apartment where she uses the second bedroom as her office. Her apartment also has two bathrooms and a full kitchen. My mother usually eats breakfast and lunch in her apartment but StoryPoint has a Cafe and a Bistro available with wonderful food that we have enjoyed. She has gained a little weight due to the marvelous "chef" prepared dinners which is included in her rent. Residents receive a weekly menu so they can pick out their meals in advance if they choose. Families can also enjoy the meals for a low fee. The staff is friendly, courteous and cares about you as a resident. They have an employed bus driver which takes the residents on scheduled outings and will also take you to your scheduled appointments if needed. They plan daily activities and there is something for everyone to card clubs, cooking demonstrations, arts and crafts and many more. They bring in musicians and have many parties with food and drink. My mother has become part of a community where friendships have been made and she has been active and happy.

February 18, 2020

By Joan Mathews

My parents have been at StoryPoint for over a year now. I love that the staff are friendly and helpful with them and know me when walk in. Its a great feeling knowing that my parents are well taken care of and I don’t need to worry about them. Their apartment has much of the furniture from their house so it is definitely home. Everything is taken care of for them.... dinner, cleaning and there are many activities. I have dinner at StoryPoint often. The food and service is excellent!

Memory Care Reviews for StoryPoint Waterville

April 20, 2021

By Jeffhoj

During Covid we moved our Mother to Story Point. The Staff made this difficult transaction / handoff happen under the worst of times in 2020. My brothers and sisters and I are very happy with the loving care, safe environment and attention our mother receives. The activities everyday is a great benefit to our mother.

April 13, 2021

By Lady K.

My father needed a more secure facility for his wondering and I wanted him near me. Story Point fit the bill. They had a room all ready for his arrival. The first day, everyone who would be working around him stopped by to introduce themselves. I thought that was so nice even if dad wouldn't remember them after that. Filling out paperwork of his likes and dislikes was easy. The staff were so kind and compassionate with dad. They call when he has a bad day and update me. I have found that everyone to be professional and caring. He enjoys all the activities they offer. He never complains about his food. I had a couple meals with him and I found them to be delicious and eye pleasing with color and texture. I would not hesitate one bit to tour and place a loved one here.

September 24, 2019

By Deb Freeman

My brother actually found StoryPoint and after visiting the facility we knew immediately we couldn't have found a more perfect place for our Mother. Every staff member is friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The fact that they respond to help Mom so quickly is a great comfort to our family. We have seen so many improvements in Mom's well-being. The atmosphere is calming and beautiful. The amenities are wonderful especially dining. Her one bedroom apartment is spacious, bright and cheerful. The clincher was the content and smiling faces of the residents. I am delighted with the choice made to establish my Mother's future at StoryPoint.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Costs for StoryPoint Waterville

Photos of StoryPoint Waterville

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Waterville

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 2844R

About StoryPoint Waterville

Welcome to StoryPoint Waterville! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our various senior living options include independent living, enhanced living, and assisted living. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. StoryPoint Waterville is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Assisted Living

Assisted living provides a licensed environment for individuals requiring everyday assistance while promoting the greatest level of independence and privacy.

Community Amenities

• Gourmet, Chef-made Meals • Open Concept Apartment Floor Plans • Full Wheelchair Accessibility • Walk-in Showers And Safety Grab Bars • All Utilities (Except Telephone) • Shuttle Service • Apartments With Private Outdoor Patios • Activities And Fitness Classes • Routine Apartment Maintenance • Biweekly Housekeeping • Weekly Linen Laundry Service • Barbershop and Beauty Salon Services • Strolling Paths • Secured Wi-Fi • Pet Care • And More

Map of StoryPoint Waterville