10 Assisted Living Facilities near Tecumseh, MI
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tecumseh area, with 2 in Tecumseh and 8 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 36 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tecumseh. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tecumseh 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Saline with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tecumseh, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Tecumseh, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tecumseh
The vibrant city of Tecumseh is situated just 25 miles southwest of Ann Arbor in Lenawee County, Michigan. This city has a rich history that dates back to the early 1800s and is the burial site of General Custer's horse. Today, seniors can visit this site and the city's many historic buildings, shops and outdoor art exhibits.
Tecumseh has a fairly large senior community, with adults over the age of 65 accounting for over 17 percent of the population. To accommodate local seniors, the city has at least two assisted living facilities, and there are 34 nearby. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the Department of Human Services and are designated as "homes for the aged" or "adult foster care," depending on the minimum age of the residents they're licensed to care for.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tecumseh
- The air quality in Tecumseh is generally good, earning a C for ozone pollution and an A for short-term particle pollution from the American Lung Association. This may be beneficial for seniors who have respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses.
- Tecumseh seniors do not pay taxes on their Social Security benefits, which may allow them to put more money in their assisted living budget. While Michigan does tax other types of retirement income, there is a large deduction to let seniors hold onto the bulk of their income.
- Tecumseh's violent crime rate is lower than the Adrian Metro area, state and national averages, which may provide peace of mind for seniors. The city's rate of property crime is slightly higher than the state average but lower than the nationwide average.
- Tecumseh is a culturally rich city with many options for seniors. The Tecumseh Center for the Arts offers live performances throughout the year, and a self-guided tour on the Art Trail lets seniors enjoy outdoor sculptures at their own pace. The local senior center may offer day trips to venues like these.
- The Tecumseh area is home to world-class medical facilities, including ProMedica Herrick Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tecumseh has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lenawee Department on Aging, an organization that provides seniors with resources, nutrition and transportation services and volunteer opportunities, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tecumseh
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Tecumseh start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tecumseh and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tecumseh
Michigan funds assisted living expenses in homes for the aged for qualifying seniors through the Medicaid State Plan. Additionally, the state provides an Optional State Supplement (OSS) for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for low-income seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tecumseh
Tecumseh and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tecumseh, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tecumseh
Tecumseh-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tecumseh
Review of Cambrian Assisted Living
We visited Cambrian, it's very clean, and it's a new building. All the rooms have their own private bath and shower. However, I did not see smiling faces there, and that disturbed me. It was expens... Read more
Review of Tecumseh Place
Tecumseh Place is small, and it has a five to one patient to employee ratio, so there's plenty of staff there. Although the cost is not cheap, my father-in-law would be able to stay there until he ... Read more
Review of Cambrian Assisted Living
Cambrian just opened, and my dad was one of the first residents to move in, so the place is brand new. I didn’t notice any problems or hiccups with the new staff coming in because they trained at a... Read more