American House Carpenter

Reviews of American House Carpenter

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Carpenter

January 19, 2016

By Loving Daughter25

The reason I looked at the American House is because it’s around the corner from where I live and I thought it would be great because I could see my parents as often as I wanted. However, it was not the caliber that the others I saw were, but what I did like about it was that the residents were happy people. There were a lot of residents that were active and doing things and were excited to be going out. They were going on a little trip, and they all seemed to know each other. There were all sorts of activities going on. I did think that it was not as clean as the other places, but it was OK. And again, the only reason I was looking at American House was for convenience, and it was the first place I looked at.

November 30, 2015

By Shafox

I think American House Carpenter would be very nice for a senior-living situation. They can provide some assisted living services, and it seemed like a nice setting. The staff were able to address all of my concerns during my visit. They have activities going on. In fact while we were there, they just finished their activity for the Patriot Day. They had entertainment; somebody was singing and playing the guitar.

November 15, 2015

By Darlene R.

I liked American House Carpenter a lot. I liked the food and the staff was friendly. I saw their rooms, and they were good, but I could not afford it, which is the only reason I didn’t move in.

December 13, 2014

By Paula38

My parents will be moving into American House. My visit there was fine. It was pleasant. They took us through, and they answered our questions. They have an apartment that works for my parents because of their dogs. Their apartments were of good size. We had a meal there, and it was fine. They had bingo, a pool table, and a community area. We visited other places before, but we just liked this one the best.

I’m so happy your parents will be joining our community, and that they’ll be bringing their dogs with them! We are very much all about family here — and that includes our four-legged family members! If your parents or you ever have any questions, please stop by anytime.

Sincerely, Debbie Adams, Executive Director

October 18, 2014

By Denise28

I also liked American House. They were renovating, but I liked their set up there. They had month-to-month rent. The deposit that I would have to put down was refundable if dad ended up not being able to stay there. They were easier to work with. They were very flexible. They were renovating, so I couldn't comment on their dining room and rooms.

Thank you for leaving your feedback. Hopefully you’ll be able to stop back by to see our completed dining room, and let us know what you think of it! And if you have any questions or would like to get your dad set up here, please contact me directly and I’ll be glad to help you out.

May 12, 2014

I was very impressed with American House Carpenter Senior Living. It was homey, and the lady was very welcoming. We enjoyed our conversation with her. Everybody we met was personable and friendly. I can't say enough good things about it. It was my preference of the two places we have visited. Their dining room looked a lot like my dining room. I mean, they are very traditional, very attractive. The room that they showed us was done beautifully. I'd assume any place would do that. They got to decorate it rather than the individuals who are living there, and then, because my mother wanted to know what the other options were besides one- and two-bedrooms, they knocked on a door and asked one woman if she would show us her place, and she was very willing to do that. Very pleasant. I was altogether very impressed with them.

I love hearing when our visitors are impressed with our community! We like to have plenty of options for our residents. Don't forget to let your mother know about all the activities and events we offer here -- in-house, and away from the community, too. Should you or your mother ever have any questions, please call me personally and I'd be happy to discuss them with you.

February 27, 2014

By Tammy9

Overall, American House Carpenter is just a really nice place. It would be good for a senior citizen. The rooms were very nice and the staff has good attitude.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback - thank you for your recommendation. If I can ever answer any questions for you, please feel free to call me personally.

January 31, 2014

We chose American House Carpenter basically for its compatibility of the rest of the residents, the activity schedule, proximity to my house, and the warm and caring sense that I got from the management. Their dining room is very nice. They have different activities like bridge club, cribbage club, and bingo. They take people out to the plays. They also take them shopping for groceries and/or incidentals.

Those are terrific reasons, and I'm happy that you chose us! We work hard to provide plenty of activities and events so our residents enjoy living here. If you ever need anything, just stop by my office and let me know. Thanks!

Sincerely, Debbie Adams Executive Director 734-677-0071

August 13, 2013

By Sissy2

American House was recommended by the VA Hospital for my brother and his wife who are disabled vets. Although younger than most residents, they have been treated with utmost respect and compassion. From the managers to the cleaning staff, I believe they have gone out of their way to make them feel welcome, always available for questions even if they had already been asked. They have been particularly considerate and patient when dealing with the extended family who must work with the staff at American House in coordinating care for my brother. They are very pleasant, patient, and understanding of our situation and needs. The apartment was beautiful when my brother moved in, freshly painted, clean, new carpeting...looked brand new! When I recently called to ask if dinner could be taken to their apartment, my brother told me the office person had already come to them within minutes of my call to get their menu choices. You can't get better service! The only recommendation I would offer is that the library be equipped with a computer for the savvy residents who do not own their own computer. Maybe this is available and I am not aware, but I will say that this has been a trouble free, seamless transition and I would highly recommend this facility for our loved ones.

Thank you, Sissy2, for leaving such wonderful feedback! I'm very happy to hear that your brother and his wife are very pleased living in our community here. We're constantly looking for ways to integrate technology to better serve our community, so I appreciate the suggestion! If you have any other ideas, feel free to call me direct or stop in - or if your brother and his wife ever need anything, please remind them that my door is always open!

Thank you, Debbie Adams, Executive Director 734-677-0071

May 17, 2012

By junjun

They were all nice, My grandfather did not do to much so he was not much of an effort for them either. When entering the property it was quiet and kind of hospital like (more so then expected) which surprised me. I did not get to see the activity rooms The property was nice as we took my grandfather on a few walks as well. The rooms were decent but it is very expensive compared to the room. I did not see any staff when I was there besides what seemed to be an office with people looking at me like I was lost, but no one tried to help me either way. From what I hear my grandfather was taken care of there and was happy there. I would have likes it to be a bit more personal there tho, as in no one seemed to want to meet his family or seemed to care about him and his life before that place.

Dear junjun,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your experience with your grandfather. We are pleased you heard he was taken care of and was happy. We strive for balance at American House Carpenter - with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of activities going on in different areas to keep our residents engaged. We believe in providing options to help empower our residents. While we try not to intrude on private family time, we truly care about all of our residents and their families and appreciate you reaching out to share your impressions. Your grandfather is our first priority and we want to ensure our relationship with him and his family is all it can be. If you're willing, I would appreciate more information to better understand how we can improve. Please feel free to call me directly at your convenience.

Sincerely, Debbie Adams 734-677-0071

Independent Living Reviews for American House Carpenter

Photos of American House Carpenter

Services and Amenities of American House Carpenter

About American House Carpenter

Located in Ypsilanti, Michigan, we are close to family, friends, shopping, dining and entertainment, as well as a variety of medical professionals. You can enjoy the privacy and serenity of your own apartment, or socialize and engage with your neighbors in one of our many community spaces

Map of American House Carpenter