StoryPoint Saline

Reviews of StoryPoint Saline

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Saline

September 02, 2021

By Terri

StoryPoint Saline is a phenomenal facility. I chose it for my uncle because they have everything to offer there, the price was competitive, and it was clean. He's in assisted living, and they're very caring and supportive. We like their activities, the nursing staff, the daily caregivers, and the options that you have for palliative care if needed. In my case, I have a very elderly person who needs enhanced care. Once he goes further down the road memory care-wise, they can also handle him there. He's a World War II vet, and they have veterans' meetings twice a month, every other Friday. The place was also centrally located to his friends, family, and neighbors. It might have been a little bit more expensive, but it was the quality of care for my loved one that outweighed the rest.

August 21, 2021

By sparty

If Story Point did half the things it promises (and bills you for) it would be the best retirement community around. But it doesn't. The menu never changes, which is great for the folks with Alzheimer's, but my dad likes variety. The dining room staff is untrained and don't seem to care. Plus they have to eat at 4:30, which makes for a long evening. If you are visiting for the first time ask to see a weekly menu, you will see it never changes. The care givers are nice enough, but there are so many of them there is no way my dad is going to be able to remember their names, and they all do things differently, which impacts on the continuity of his care. We simply are not getting what we are paying for which is really sad considering what we were told Story Point had to offer,.

Hello, Thank you for leaving a review of our community. We typically prefer to connect with families directly to ensure we can remedy any concerns as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, you didn't list your name on your review, so we can't reach out to you. We do want to address some of your comments about the culinary experience provided at StoryPoint. Our menus change weekly, and there are many options available for each meal. We also encourage our residents to come to dinner anytime between 4:30 PM and 6:30 PM, depending on their preference. We think it would benefit both of us if we could speak directly to go over the opportunities you have presented that we can improve on. Please reach out to our Executive Director, Dustin Stolzman. We look forward to speaking to you.

February 23, 2021

By Karen

My mother stayed at StoryPoint Saline for a month. It was an excellent experience although the move-in was a little confusing. I think they weren't expecting us, but two weeks before she came in, my husband and I went to set up her apartment, so it was a little confusing for us. After that, however, moving her in was easy. The staff was supportive and helpful. The food was terrific, and the facility was very clean. We were given documentation that we could go and visit her because she was in this enhanced living environment and that was an incredibly positive and a great option during COVID times.

December 01, 2016

By Ebony4559

I visited the facility. I liked it a lot, especially the opportunity to be on the first floor with a patio. This is great for pet owners. This is new, and so very clean, etc. Staff was friendly and very helpful. It may be a little out of my price range, however. The dinner menus featured 7 entrees (!) and restaurant style ordering. One meal a day is included, typically dinner. They are planning a dog park for next year! Lovely surroundings and transportation provided but one can keep their own car.

June 25, 2016

By Robert474857

Story Point was very nice. We liked it a lot. Their staff was very helpful and very good. This was probably one of the nicest places we visited. They had two-bedrooms and studios available. The two-bedroom is what we were interested in, which was very nice. They had meals and everything, but the rooms weren’t very open and didn’t have a walk-in shower that we needed, so we couldn’t pursue that any further.

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Saline

July 25, 2022

By Robert

I've looked at StoryPoint Saline, it was a beautiful place. One of my comments was that it's too damn fancy for me. They're one of the nicest facilities which I like, but the price was higher, and that's the point I didn't like. The appearance of the facility was excellent, it's a very, very nice place. They showed me the rooms, the common areas, and the dining room. They took me through the whole thing. It's an excellent community except the price was higher and the location wasn't as good as the other places I toured. The room that I saw there was very nice and the person who gave the tour was excellent. The staff answered all my questions without hesitation, and it was all I could ask for.

June 10, 2022

By Diane

The StoryPoint Saline was a very nice community with lots of activities. They had nice food options and nice accommodations for the people that live there. The tour we had was a nice experience. We toured their independent living. For activities, they have gardening, they go on field trips, they have game nights, and they have entertainment that comes in. We saw the menus, the kitchen, the dining facilities, and everything.

February 05, 2022

By Donna

StoryPoint Saline was very nice. It had a lot of nice features that were designed for senior living. You can transfer to a higher level of care if you need more help. So, I was impressed with the place. We went down there a couple of times and the gal was very nice to take us around, show us different apartments, go through what was available, and how much they cost. The place was very clean and well cared for.

November 11, 2021

By Amy

StoryPoint Saline was awesome. I can't say enough good things about it. It was modern. It was beautiful. The people were wonderful. It was everything you would want. They showed us everything, but we looked in the apartment at the independent living. The staff was really friendly, welcoming, very informative, really wonderful, and not at all pushy. I couldn't say enough things about her either. They showed us the menu, and they showed us where they cook. We didn't have a meal at that time, but everyone who does come to live there meets with the chefs so that if you have any special dietary concerns or needs, they make sure that they accommodate you. They have a little cafe, a library, and a gym. They have TED talks. They have large rooms that you can reserve that have full kitchens so that you can have family and friends or you could have an event. They have happy hour every Wednesday for all the residents. They have brunches for the family every third Sunday. I want to move there.

September 28, 2021

By JohnAllesee

The facilities are always clean. The food is not your standard institutional fare, the head chef is very creative. The staff is very attentive and friendly. The only issue I see is the high turnover rate of the lower level staff. It would be nice to see staff that look old enough to have had at least basic nursing/emergency care training and get paid a high enough wage to want to stay. If a lot of this staff are high school students, they are unlikely to stay on the job and more likely to cancke shifts or just not show up.

Hi John, Thank you for your review. We are glad to read that you are impressed with the food and our kind staff. The pandemic has presented unique challenges regarding staffing, but we are open to suggestions. We adhere to training regulations that are set by the state and work to hire only the most dedicated and caring people. If you would like to further discuss the concerns highlighted in your review please reach out to the community's Executive Director. Thank you.

September 18, 2021

By Jeanne

I toured StoryPoint Saline; it was very nice if I can afford $4000 a month. They were very nice, and the people that lived there seemed to be happy. I could sense things like that if you're lying or not, I could kind of tell. Everything was clean and neat, they have a nice kitchen, and the food was very nice, I enjoyed it. The staff was very knowledgeable; I had written down a lot of questions, I asked them all, and she gave me the answer to everything I asked. Their food is fabulous. They have a free bus that takes you anywhere you want to go within reason. They also have tours. I don't gamble, but I sure like the food when they do go gamble. They take them to casinos and museums. It felt more like home. I don't know what it's like as far as living there, but what I could see, I enjoyed; and the people seem happy.

September 01, 2021

By Mark Mellinger

The Storypoint staff is amazing, they work very hard to ensure the residents have pleasant environment and keep engaged. They have done a excellent job during these troubled times of the pandemic. There is always a bump or two in the road, but my parents have been residents going on 3 years now, and are very happy.

March 17, 2021

By Toni

StoryPoint Saline is an excellent living place. I liked what they do for their residents and how much care they have. They interact with each and every one of their residents, they try to engage them, and that's very important to me. The staff care for the residents -- they show it -- and you see it in what they do for them and how they treat them. The food was very good, and the chef was amazing. I liked how it is laid out. I loved that the bathrooms all have walk-in showers. There's plenty of room; if you have a wheelchair, you can just wheel right in there. There seems to be plenty of room all around and easy access for the residents. That's my top place. I love everything about it outside of the cost.

August 10, 2020

By Niece of Resident

My 95 year old uncle entered StoryPoint of Saline as the Covid 19 quarantine began. We could not help him bring in his belongings, nor help him settle in. One dedicated staffer helped him move in and even took pictures of him so that our family could see him settled in his new apartment. When it was ok to venture out of his room, she made sure he knew how to locate the mailroom, laundry and other important areas within the complex. The food is spectacular. Our favorite phone topic is asking what he had had for supper. The food is high quality, plentiful and includes a great variety of interesting choices. The entire staff has been helpful and pleasant. Here is a great example. When I I brought him into the lobby with the items we had just brought for his apartment. There is still a visitor restriction, so we were unsure how he would be able to get all of his items to his apartment. One staffer had just gotten off of her shift. She came up to him and asked if he would like to have her help him! Our family is so thankful for the quality of life StoryPoint of Saline provides for our uncle at this time when living at home would be very difficult.

October 03, 2019

By Caresalot5

StoryPoint Saline has offered a stimulating and comfortable home to my in-laws since January 2016, when it first opened. The staff is incredibly caring and in every situation attempts to offer the residents a solution to their problems and needs. The grounds are beautifully maintained with inviting flowers and decorations near the front door, and expansive well maintained common spaces. The individual apartments are attractive and many have views of the lake nearby. The bathrooms could be more generous with counter space, but workarounds for this problem can be found. The food that is provided is healthy, with low sodium options clearly marked, and served in an elegant dining area with linens and flowers on the table at each meal. If a resident is not feeling well, a dinner tray can be provided right to their apartment door. My in-laws have made many friends at StoryPoint, and the residents there are well educated with many unique talents. There is a welcoming atmosphere among the residents, and it has been easy for my in-laws to make friends during meals, Happy Hour, and all of the various activities that are offered at StoryPoint. My in-laws have extensively used the rehabilitation services and the care giving staff that are housed in the building, and this has been an endless source of support for us. In addition, there are many visiting medical services present, such as visiting doctors, podiatrists and audiologists. Routine immunizations, such as flu shots, are offered within the building. Emergency call ropes are located in each apartment, and residents can also be provided with a call necklace to get attention. The staff attempts to make every effort to get to know the interests and talents of the residents and provides activities and opportunities geared to those particular interests. A transport bus is available to take residents shopping and out on field trips to local restaurants, museums, and art galleries. StoryPoint Saline has offered a safe haven to my in-laws at this fragile, final stage of their lives.

September 30, 2019

By kfree

Choosing an independent living facility is a daunting and overwhelming experience. My in laws moved from Arizona to Michigan and we feel so fortunate that we found StoryPoint Saline. Their transition was seamless and it is so refreshing to know that care is available to them when and if they need. I am also extremely impressed with all of the activities Storypoint offers. From trips and outings to in house activities, movies and events there is something for everyone. Socialization is so vitally important and my in laws have made so many friends to include the staff at StoryPoint. We are thrilled to have found StoryPoint and highly recommend to anyone looking for a place to call home.

September 25, 2019

By ReebokBird

My parents moved in to StoryPoint right after it opened in Saline and have lived here ever since. The staff knows them by name and is very friendly and caring. If they ever have needed maintenance or assistance in any way, someone has been down quickly to see to their needs. The food is incredible...definitely not institutional food...they have actual chefs there. Every Thursday is Happy Hour and every morning people gather together for coffee and to chat. There’s always something going on or places to go and there is transportation that can be arranged for doctor visits or other needs. Both my parents have had to take advantage of their assisted care after hospital stays. Again, incredibly caring, efficient and knowledgeable staff came into their apartment to help them get around. My mother even had the in-house PT after she broke her hip which was incredibly helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend StoryPoint for top notch care and service!

March 30, 2019

By Claudia

The staff is very attentive. They take the time to be friendly even when you can see they are having trouble keeping up. There is almost always a smile on each face.

February 19, 2019

By Elena

We went to see the independent living level of Storypoint Saline. It was very nice. They were very knowledgeable. They have dinner every night, and also like a bistro where you can get breakfast or lunch. Their shuttle is flexible, and you can schedule for it to go places where you want to go, which is nice. The design of the building is very thoughtful with very wide hallways, which was very cool. It's just a very nice community. There are also exercise classes and all kinds of stuff for the residents.

October 21, 2018

By Thomas

StoryPoint Saline was pleasant, well appointed, and well decorated. It was roomy, open, and very well kept. The staff was very friendly. The room was a reasonable size with good features and nice furnishings. It looked easy to keep up, and it was very pleasant. They have a nice garden, an exercise facility, multiple group rooms for gatherings, and a library. There were a number of activities, i.e., shopping, visits to entertainment areas, cards, and movie nights.

October 14, 2018

By Scott

StoryPoint Saline is new; about two or three years old. They have a waiting list of six to nine months, and they have a lot more amenities than other places. The apartment has a patio that opens up to let the dogs in and out. It's a really nice place, and all the people that we met, including the staff, were friendly, helpful, informative, and warm. It almost looks like a mini-resort. They have some really nice restaurants, we ate there for lunch, and the food was new. We looked at the menu and the main dining area looked exceptional as well. They also have planned events, a washer and dryer, a hair salon, and so on. It was a little above and beyond, probably due to the newness. It's clean, and the people there seemed like they really liked it. Their lobby was also really beautiful. There's a nine-mile radius to go where you want in the shuttle for shopping or something. They have activities like bingo, and they have musicians who come in to play in their outdoors area and so on.

August 10, 2018

By James

StoryPoint Saline was very nice, and the people and the accommodations were nice. I had a quick tour and I enjoyed it. They offered us food, but we couldn’t because we were in a hurry. The staff was very pleasant, and they do have activities for the residents.

Memory Care Reviews for StoryPoint Saline

Costs for StoryPoint Saline

Photos of StoryPoint Saline

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Saline

• Dining Extra: Experience All The Comforts Of A Home Cooked Meal With The Enjoyment That Can Only Come From Sharing It. Make A Meal In Your Apartment Or Enjoy Our Executive Chef’s Memorable Meals. The Choice Is Yours. Our Chefs Create An Enticing, Feedback Driven Menu To Provide A Dining Experience Unlike Any Other.

• Activities Extra: At Story Point Saline, We Value Individuality. We Create Our Daily Events Calendar By Incorporating Unique Activities Catered To Each Resident’s Specific Interests. When You Want To Go Out, You Can Shop Or Attend Live Events. When You Want To Stay Home, Grab Friends For A Game Of Scrabble, Or Cozy Up With Your Favorite Book Next To The Fireplace Or In The Comfort Of Your Apartment. We Want To Nurture The Activities You Love And Encourage You To Try New Things. Regardless, We Want You To Enjoy Your Experience And Be A Part Of Our Community.

• Diet Extra: Experience All The Comforts Of A Home Cooked Meal With The Enjoyment That Can Only Come From Sharing It. Make A Meal In Your Apartment Or Enjoy Our Executive Chef’s Memorable Meals. The Choice Is Yours. Our Chefs Create An Enticing, Feedback Driven Menu To Provide A Dining Experience Unlike Any Other.

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: AH810354781

About StoryPoint Saline

Welcome to StoryPoint Saline! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our various senior living options include independent living, enhanced living, assisted living, and memory care. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. StoryPoint Saline is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Assisted Living

Assisted living provides a licensed environment for individuals requiring everyday assistance while promoting the greatest level of independence and privacy.

Memory Care

Designed for those with dementia or other memory impairments, memory care provides services in a licensed environment by specially trained professionals.

Community Amenities:

• Gourmet Meals • Open Apartment Floor Plans • Wheelchair Accessibility • Easy Access Showers With Grab Bars • All Utilities (Except Telephone) • Transportation/Shuttle Service • Living Spaces With Balconies And Private Patios • Exercises And Fitness Programs • Apartment Maintenance • Weekly Routine Linen Laundry Service • Beauty Salon/Barbershop • Strolling Paths • Secure Wi-Fi • Pet Care • And much more.

Map of StoryPoint Saline