Mountain View Retirement Village

Mountain View Retirement Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Mountain View Retirement Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Mountain View Retirement Village

November 08, 2015

Mountain View had good facilities. The operating staff was good, but I was just not comfortable there. It is totally inadequate. They don’t have adequate parking, so people had to park their vehicles on a slant. It’s just not a good place. The food was average, and the cleanliness was fine. The staff was very friendly and comfortable people, but it’s not what we wanted.

August 11, 2015

By Monica13

My father is happy at Mountain View Retirement. The staff listens if there's ever a problem, and they try to reconcile whatever the problems are. The rooms are very nice and very clean. They do the laundry. He raves about the food. He loves it because it's homemade basically, and they have a chef that works there. However, they should pick their front desk staff a little bit better. Some of them were not the most polite. The facility is so clean, and the grounds are kept clean. They come right away when he pushes his call button. I don't have any problems when it comes to his care. The only thing I first had a problem with was they weren't coming in and watching him enough, but now they're starting to do that a little more. They're pretty good, but if you're looking for a place that you want your parents to be watched a lot, you have to call them in order for them to come. They do check on my dad like once an hour, but that's because he is a higher fall risk. It all depends on the individual.

February 10, 2015

By Barb24

Mountain View is a completely friendly community. Everybody says hello to everybody, and it is not fake; it continues when you move in. When my parents first moved in, they checked on them every two hours to see how they were doing. I opted for the plan where they provide their medicines, so I don't have to order medicine and make sure they are taking it. They administer it, so that is taken care of. Food is great. My parents really look forward to the food. However, I could not get right a copy of their meds right away, e.g. when Mountain View was giving them and what they were giving them. Like when we moved Mom in halfway through the day and she needed one of her blood pressure medications at night, they wouldn't give it to her because they said it is assigned at 8 a.m. and they will not give it to her in the evening, but my mom's blood pressure was over 200. I can't talk to the nurse. You talk to the caregivers who reports to the nurse, etc. That was about the only main thing, but everything else is good. The caregivers are good. They make sure my parents take their showers. I'm really happy with the place; it is one of the best around. My parents have an apartment. The bathroom is nice. It is equipped with grab bars. They don't do any of the activities, but the activities are extremely good. I would definitely recommend this community. They are extremely friendly and accepting of everybody. The staff is very friendly. I think their friendliness and cleanliness is the main thing with this community.

June 19, 2013

By Janice9

I visited Mountain View Retirement Village and the outside area was unappealing but the inside was very nice. Their apartments also were nice. However, I just don't like the location. It's on the west side of the town and I've been living on the east side of town. So I'm not familiar with the location. I prefer to choose a place that I'm familiar with.

June 11, 2012

By Bridget1

This assisted living/ retirement facility was very clean and upscale. The workers and residents were really friendly and offered help right when we walked in the door. The manager offered us a tour right away and took us around the facility. I liked how their kitchen/cafeteria was set up. There were windows everywhere so the residents could see the beautiful landscaping the facility has. There is also a garden for the residents to walk through at their pleasure. Each room is private unless they opt to have a roommate. Overall I would say this was a very nice assisted living facility and I would allow my grandmother to reside there.

May 25, 2012

By Physical Therapy

This is a very large facility with lots of access points. The lobby was huge and well lighted. There were numerous sidewalks around the building where you can just talk a walk. Trees and flowers were everywhere too. The rooms vary in sizes. Most of them were big and they also have apartments for couples. I saw two separate dining rooms in this facility. It also has a library, internet room and game room. The activities provided here are similar to the other ones I've visited "“ exercises, movie nights, card games, discussions and many others. But one unique activity is they set up booths for residents like a Mary Kay or clothes booth where residents could buy what they want. This facility is pretty established and they're doing a great job.

September 23, 2011

By Emmyrose

Other

This is a beautiful facility. It has a great outdoor decor and a porch/gazebo style entrance. A definite resort style that looks nice with out the extreme elegance and glamour. The grounds are nice and well maintained with desert landscaping in front. There are 188 apartments. It is 2 stories. The independent living has studio and one bedrooms with full kitchens and the assisted have partial kitchens. All are handicapped equipped as necessary and have an emergency call system. The interior is nicely decored. They have sitting areas, living room, activities area, pool table, beauty salon,exercise room, and nice dining room. The dining room is restaurant style with 2 entrees lunch and dinner and over 20 other items to choose from. The food is delicious. They serve three meals a day and snacks. They have two nures on duty, certified caregivers, med techs, activities director, and rehab and other services available so the resident can move within the community. They have doctors and nurse practitioner who come in. They transport to appointments. The staff is very nice and caring. It has a very homey atmosphere for a large facility. They have a very active lifestyle there with lots of games, parties, bbqs, live entertainment, and a pool and spa area. They do exercise program in fitness center and pool. They do outings for shopping. luncheons, and many community events. They have a theater room. The out side has two courtyards with walking paths, rock formations, and lush greenery. This is a very nice and desirable place.

July 26, 2011

By lucy5616

I have lived here for over three years and am very happy with the facility. They have excellent help and keep the place very clean.

Costs for Mountain View Retirement Village

Photos of Mountain View Retirement Village

Services and Amenities of Mountain View Retirement Village

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: AL9760C

About Mountain View Retirement Village

At Mountain View Retirement Village, our commitment to quality service is evident in everything we do. We offer more than a beautiful community and extensive services. Our caring and experienced staff is dedicated to making our community place you will be delighted to call home. With no buy-in fees and a convenient month-to-month lease, residents have flexibility and freedom should their needs change. We are the right choice for active senior living!

SOME OF OUR SERVICES AND AMENITIES INCLUDE:

• Your choice of five spacious floor plans
  • 24-emergency response system monitored by on-site staff
  • Daily check-in system
  • All utilities paid except telephone
  • Housekeeping services every other week
  • Restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant dining room
  • Full calendar of social, educational and recreational programs
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Reserved parking
  • Swimming pool and spa
  • Private dining room
  • Billiards room
  • Beauty salon and barber shop
  • Library
  • Many beautiful atria and other common areas
  • Complimentary laundry facilities
  • Washer and dryer in select floor plans

INDIVIDUALIZED CARE:

For those residents needing an extra helping hand with their activities of daily living, our Assisted Living Certified Care Givers provide both full and partial assisted living services. We provide assistance with activities of daily living and the coordination of services, if necessary, by outside healthcare providers to help to ensure health, safety, and well-being.

Our focus is on individual wellness, and we encourage continued independence with a tailored plan of assistance, provided by our well-trained team members who are available around the clock, 24-hours a day. We are at your service!

Memory Care is specialized care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Our community features a safe and secure environment where staff can closely monitor the health of each resident. Your family member will spend their days surrounded by people who encourage them to enjoy life, experience feelings of belonging and purpose and maintain their current skills through our daily path of engagement. Our community features apartments that feel and function like a private home with bathrooms and plenty of natural light. To help keep our residents safe, our community keeps exterior doors secure 24-hours a day, and we screen all visitors at our main entrance. We also feature an enclosed courtyard so residents can explore the outdoors while remaining safe in our community.

At Mountain View Retirement Village, you will find a warm, dedicated staff committed to creating a community you will be delighted to call home. With no buy-in fees and a convenient month-to-month lease, our residents have flexibility and freedom should their needs change.

Map of Mountain View Retirement Village