The Laurels at Willow Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for The Laurels at Willow Creek

Nursing Home Reviews for The Laurels at Willow Creek

February 03, 2015

By FedUpDaughter

My mother was sent here for a 3 week stay for PT. (She has Parkinson) She couldn't wait to get out. The place was quite nice when we walked in the front entrance but the individual rooms are dark, dismal and not once did I ever see someone come in and clean. The beds are like cots and we had to buy a foam topper to put on it for comfort. The hallways constantly smelled of urine and feces and if a patient rings the call bell it can take up to 30 minutes for a response or you may have to go find someone. The day she was leaving they brought her by wheelchair to the front entrance and staff people I had never seen before suddenly showed up, clapping and saying congratulations and taking pictures. (I am assuming for publicity). Really??

December 28, 2014

By Bob98871750

They take good care of me, and I like the rehab here at The Laurels. The room is nice and clean, the food is very good, and the place is very secure.

November 27, 2013

Dad was at The Laurels of Willow Creek and I wouldn’t put my dog in there for a weekend. I have nothing good to say about them. When he went in there, he was still going to the bathroom and pretty much on the good side, but they told him to just lay there and wear a diaper. He lost all control of his legs because they did not get him up and moving. He had a huge bed sore on his back. It was so big that you could put your fist in it. They didn’t do what should be done and he deteriorated.

November 20, 2013

My dad was in rehab at The Laurels of Willow Creek. The hospital basically sent us to this facility because it was the most convenient to their home. The facility was very clean, which was important to me. The staff was very helpful and very nurturing. We were very pleased with them as well. They were pleasant and very skilled with what they're doing. They're very good with him. I would recommend them. The one thing we had with them though was that they didn't let him walk around and they let him basically stay in the wheelchair, so that he sort of lost his strength because of that. They could improve on that. Regarding food, I didn't try their food but we were there with my dad at dinner time and their meals seemed adequate.

Services and Amenities of The Laurels at Willow Creek

About The Laurels at Willow Creek

The Laurels at Willow Creek, located in Midlothian, VA, is an assisted living facility focused on short-term rehabilitation and therapy services. The community offers both physical and occupational therapies alongside a variety of community activities aimed at returning patients to independent community living.

The facility houses up to 120 patients in private rooms with a full suite of modern amenities. The Laurels at Willow Creek is designed for seniors who need physical therapy or rehabilitation services with the goal of transitioning back to a successful independent lifestyle.

COSTS

Pricing at the Laurels of Willow Creek depends on the length of stay and the type of therapy required. The community accepts most major insurance carriers and works with Medicare and Medicaid. Residents may also be able to use long-term care insurance to cover expenses during an extended stay.

AMENITIES AND ACTIVITIES

In addition to private guest rooms, the Laurels at Willow Creek wants to make residents’ stay as comfortable as possible with a variety of recreational activities and services. This includes an on-site spa, church services, community trips, ongoing educational opportunities, and a community garden that gives residents the opportunity to engage in their environment. All guests are encouraged to join activity groups and get to know their neighbors while sharing common interests.

SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM CARE

The Laurels at Willow Creek provides several different levels of care depending on patients’ needs. The ultimate goal is to allow patients a successful recovery and return to normal living while reducing the chances of re-hospitalization.

The community’s short-term services include neurological rehabilitation, respiratory therapy, infection and wound recovery, and an Alzheimer's management program. Long-term care at The Laurels is includes palliative care, dialysis and Parkinson's disease care.

SPECIALIZED CARE

The Laurels at Willow Creek staff pride themselves on their specialized approach to patient care. Staff members pledge to take the time to understand each patient's needs to create a care plan specific to their unique situation. Each care plan considers any specialized diet needs, therapy services or other care requirements necessary. Experienced therapists are on staff to evaluate and determine the type and level of care needed.

Map of The Laurels at Willow Creek