Morningside of Bellgrade

Reviews of Morningside of Bellgrade

Assisted Living Reviews for Morningside of Bellgrade

August 21, 2017

By Shelley

Morningside of Bellgrade was very impressive. The rooms were not quite as large, but they seemed good. The common areas were very large and very nice. I saw that they had an arts and crafts room and a lot of activities that residents could engage in. They had a garden where people could do gardening, a chair aerobic exercise class, and crafts to make small things for the people in the hospital. The staff seemed great. I didn't eat anything, although their menu did seem more limited than the others that I visited.

January 24, 2017

By Naturelover

My mother is moving into a studio at Morninside and we are all very excited! Coming from an older, larger, established but not well-cared for senior community to Morningside is a big step up in my opinion. One of the big plusses I see with Morningside is that the level of care is based on the specific needs of the individuals; there are varying levels of care and pricing...as opposed to where Mom lived before; it was either independent or assisted living, and a BIG jump in price from one to the other. The executive director was awesome! Friendly, informative, and she took plenty of time with us to make us feel comfortable and right at home. We are looking forward to the move, and would highly recommend Morningside based on our visit there ... AND our past experience elsewhere.

September 13, 2016

By Anita476716

I was very impressed with Morningside of Bellgrade. I did not get the dimensions of their rooms or anything. I haven’t really looked at it. The whole place was absolutely gorgeous, and I was very impressed with the accommodations and everything. The only thing I didn’t like was the woman that I talked to. She was very snobbish, and that’s the only thing I didn’t like about Bellgrade, but that would never stop me from not going there. When the time comes, I will then figure out money-wise and everything else. I liked the location.

November 14, 2014

I was able to visit Morning Bellgrade, and it was very good. It seemed like a nice place. For assisted living, it was fine. I did see a whole lot of interaction with the residents, but the person who gave me the tour was very helpful. She was very forthcoming with information. The rooms were adequate, and the dining area was good.

November 08, 2014

By sussane1756

Morningside is a pretty decent building. It's very nice and comfortable inside...did not like the Executive Director. She does not let you speak and speaks over you. The activities are okay, the residents seem to like the outings they have but that's about it. Calendar does not seem "filled" with excitement. Maybe 1 main activity per day but that's about it, then residents get bored. The food tasted pretty good. I feel the management team only cared about moving in and filling up the building - one particular manager who showed my friends around did not seem caring towards the residents. The morning front desk lady had an attitude. Besides food and and the look of the building, I did not find it a perfect place for our family member.

October 16, 2014

By Patricia82068850

We liked Morningside a lot. We liked it a lot, probably better than the others we saw. We liked the executive director. She took us around for the tour, answered all our questions, and seemed to have good rapport with all of the residents that we saw. Her patient care attitude seemed to filter down to the staff better than the other two places we went. They were more family-lke and homely than the other one. They seemed to have adequate staff. They seemed to have a lot of visitors that seemed to be involved with their family members. They had a lot of activities. The rooms were smaller. It was clean. The food looked and smelled good, but we didn't eat there. I thought what we heard and saw about resident care were the reasons why it was our top pick.

September 22, 2014

By Stephanie25

The location of Morningside of Bellgrade is convenient for us. Regarding the room, my loved one is not happy with it, but we are. With regards to the staff, the only problem I would say is they never really had any introduction to the place as far as what to expect, what activities they had and that sort of thing. Their dining area is good. Overall, I would suggest having some sort of orientation meeting because once we got in there, we weren't sure about what to do.

September 13, 2014

Morningside of Bellgrade, first of all, is close to where I live. Secondly, they offered the level of care that my wife needed, and it was also within a financial range that I felt comfortable with. Sometimes I feel that they are running short on staff especially at night, but I don't have any complaints. The food is good and they have a wide variety. They have an activity director, and as to activities they have several musicians coming in on several occasions, Bingo, outing trips to the local store, reading sessions and all kinds of activities. The size of their rooms is adequate.

September 04, 2014

By lts1lyfe2live

I have a family member at this community in Alz and I happen to go visit my loved one today. I ran into a previous director of alz in the parking lot - wonderful girl (they need more compassionate people like that)! I am always greeted with a smile and a warming hello. It's overall a wonderful place to stay, the management team tries very hard to keep residents happy and entertained but they need more nursing staff with good attitudes. Many sit on their phones and just watch residents - no interaction. More staffing is needed on both floors and Alz. Building looks clean smells nice and residents were engaged. Dietary staff was friendly and welcoming.

July 22, 2014

They were going to put my mother on the second floor at Morningside of Bellgrade, which was halfway down the hall, and she can't find her way out of a paper bag, so I knew that was not going to work. In the Alzheimer's unit, I didn't see anybody even working in the area. The people there were just comatose people looking at a television set in black and white. They acted like they had a whole bunch of programs going on, but maybe it was the time of day I visited and they were all asleep. But everybody else in the common area was lying there and sleeping. I didn't see any staff members, and it was at a time where they should have been engaging people, but there wasn't any staff member engaging any of the residents. They all just sat there, comatose, staring at the television set. For what I thought my mother's needs were, I didn't think they were going to meet them. They didn't have enough rooms, like if you wanted to come and eat with your family member, there wasn't enough room in the dining room for you to do that. It also looked a little dirty. At the time that I was there, it was after lunch and before dinner, and it just didn't look clean.

April 11, 2014

I was impressed with Morningside of Bellgrade. The facility was very clean, and they had a locked unit so it was safe. The staff were very friendly, and they seemed to be very busy with the people and have activities for them to do, and so this facility would definitely be an option. They had music going on. They have crafts to do too. They also had stations set up throughout the unit where patients could go and sit down and work on things. There seemed to be a lot of activities available.

March 17, 2014

By Susan Smith

Other

I found the executive director of this facility extremely rude and uncaring and, in my opinion, should not be in the human service field!! I called this facility to schedule an appointment to tour. I am in the process of assessing memory care units to find the right fit for my dad. The day of the appointment the executive director called and canceled the appointment. She informed my mom that Morningside does not accept individuals with frontal temporal dementia. Upon hearing this I called to thank her for stopping us before we started the process with them since they are not equip to care for my dad. As I was attempting to make this point the director continually cut me off and talked over me. ( I asked her three times to please let me finish what I was trying to say). With that she got very irritated and defensive. She told me that people with frontal temporal dementia exhibit behaviors that people with other types of dementia and Alzheimer's do not such as irritability, anxiety, agitation (physical or verbal). On top of being rude she is not well versed in the field in which she works. The following quote comes from the Alzheimer’s organization page and is a description of Alzheimer’s “In early stages of the disease, people may experience personality changes such as irritability, anxiety or depression. In later stages, other symptoms may occur, including sleep disturbances; agitation (physical or verbal outbursts, general emotional distress, restlessness, pacing, shredding paper or tissues, yelling); delusions (firmly held belief in things that are not real); or hallucinations (seeing, hearing or feeling things that are not there).” The bottom line is I don’t want my dad at a facility that is rude, uncaring and not equip to deal with individuals who exhibit symptoms of Alzheimer’s or dementia. And this director made it very clear to me that her staff is NOT trained to deal with physical aggression or verbal outbursts. We are very blessed in that my dad does not exhibit aggressive behaviors. He is the exact opposite, very docile and passive, but could not get a word in edgewise. So our search continues. I only hope that sharing my experience I can help others to avoid the emotional upset and frustration I went through.

September 13, 2013

By Caring Elly

My mother-in-law is now at Morningside of Bellgrade. I think it is all right. We decided on this facility because it was reasonably price and it was very nice looking. It does not have a homey-feeling to it but it looks very nice. Their dining room looks very nice as well. She has a room and a bathroom. I did see some of their activities for their residents. I would recommend this place.

August 25, 2013

By Shane4

My mother-in-law used to be at Morningside of Bellgrade and I thought the place was wonderful. It was really nice and clean. The nurses were good and attentive to the residents. The food was good. They had lots of programs. They had live music. They had a van that took them to places, movies and shopping. They had a birthday celebration every month. My biggest complaint on the place would be that people were not allowed to take their own medicine. We had to utilize the pharmacy that services the whole center. However, when we left we were told that we could have done that, but we were not made to feel that way. Overall, we were happy with all of them.

May 01, 2012

By cps1ldrn

When I visited Morningside at Bellgrade we were warmly welcomed. We had a nice tour of the facility. The apartments seemed average size. The facility appeared very clean and neat. We took a brief visit of the dining facilities but it wasn't a meal time when we visited. We met several residents and staff workers, they all seemed very friendly and happy. In the community I see the bus from Morningside all around taking the residents here and there and keeping them involved.

Questions about Morningside of Bellgrade

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Morningside of Bellgrade. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents in assisted living range in age. The average age of our residents is 88 years old. Our residents love the daily L360 activities that take place , as well as the outings to shopping, events, and entertainment that we provide. Or residents also love our spacious indoor and outdoor common areas to relax in and visit with family and friends.

What programs or activities does Morningside of Bellgrade offer to enrich residents' well-being?

L360 is our holistic approach to active community living. The programs primary focus is to enrich our residents lives using five dimensions of wellness including physical, spiritual, intellectual, emotional and social needs.

What places are near Morningside of Bellgrade or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our residents have easy access to a wide variety of shopping and dining located within walking distance right in the community of Bellgrade. The community is located in Chesterfield County with easy access to downtown Richmond.

What transportation services does Morningside of Bellgrade offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation to Doctor's appointments, shopping and off site events.

What makes the chef or dining program at Morningside of Bellgrade exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer restaurant style dining based on a solid foundation of our talented chef providing meals that offer plenty of choices everyday, our signature dishes, comfort food, healthy choices and residents favorites that stay true to our local cuisine and food that our residents love! All three meals and snacks available 24 hours a day are included in each residents monthly rent.

If Morningside of Bellgrade accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we are pet friendly. Dogs and cats are welcome as long as the resident is able to take care of their furry family member themselves.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside of Bellgrade provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer wander guard protection in Assisted Living and also have a secure memory care neighborhood called The Bridge to Rediscovery for residents with Dementia and Alzheimers disease.

Describe the neighborhood around Morningside of Bellgrade. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential neighborhood in Chesterfield County. It's a quiet, lovely community.

Is Morningside of Bellgrade affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No we are not directly affiliated with any hospital.

Costs for Morningside of Bellgrade

• Low Salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

About Morningside of Bellgrade

Morningside of Bellgrade offers compassionate senior care in Midlothian, VA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Bellgrade shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Midlothian, VA.

Map of Morningside of Bellgrade