Parklane West Healthcare Center

Reviews of Parklane West Healthcare Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Parklane West Healthcare Center

November 04, 2011

By emrfd

Parklane West is a small retirement community managed by Brookdale Living, which owns a number of different retirement communities nationwide. Parklane has two separate sections: assisted living and skilled nursing care. Housing choices are somewhat unusual at Parklane, since they offer semi-private rooms, in addition to the regular private apartments. The semi-private rooms are much smaller and cheaper than a private apartment. Meals are decent and prepared by a chef and dietician. Residents get to choose which items on the menu they want to eat. For catering events, chefs will prepare dishes upon request from residents. Transportation is available on a schedule (and by appointment) so residents can run errands and go shopping when needed. Compared to other retirement communities in the San Antonio area, Parklane West is a smaller, cheaper, and no-frills community. If you're looking for a community with solid care and minimal amenities, Parklane West would probably be a good fit.

Nursing Home Reviews for Parklane West Healthcare Center

October 20, 2014

By Romero

Other

Exceeded expectations!!!! I recently have had my grandfather discharged from a Parklane West. He was sent to Parklane from a nearby Joint Club hospital that performed his orthopedic procedure. I have to say I was very impressed with the physical therapy department, Andy runs a great team of therapist and the proof is in the pudding! I will have to admit that there were some issues with nursing but when i asked to speak to the DON she was more than happy to meet with me and took action to satisfy my concern, it was resolved. Before I decided to make this the location for my grandfather's therapy I toured the facility on the advise of the social worker at the hospital, I was toured by a thorough and pleasant woman who I later found out to be the executive director. I showed up at 5:15PM on a Friday and she offered me a bottle of water then she gave me a tour of the facility. She graciously sat with me and answered my questions which exceeded an hour, considering it was Friday evening and she was willing to do this meant a great deal to me. My grandfather met his goals and was sent home without home healthcare physical therapy. I am so grateful of the care and compassion we received at Parklane west, we would do it again given the same situation. Special thanks to Andy, Coco, Kelvin, Robert and Mary! All of you are Angels.

March 19, 2014

By joeaol

This is an excellent facility. Appropriately staffed and very competent by the way. My mother was receiving skilled care after a long stay at the hospital, he recovered quickly and acheived near independence while rehabilitating from her total knee replacement. My family was very happy with how our mother was treated while at Parklane West. I can go on and on but in short the physcial therapist and other therapy staff are employed by Parklane and not outsourced to a third party which made a huge difference in the continuity of care. The nursing staff was very good (strong leadership), very responsive to needs. Visit this facility and you will be convinced.

April 16, 2013

By Caring 1492

My dad was in Parklane West for only a week, and then he passed due to kidney failure. The care was great, a little expensive, but really good. In fact, they're going to do some major renovations and it's going to be a real snuggly place in about a year. There's going to be really nice individual rooms by then.

August 13, 2012

Mom has been to Parklane West. The administrators, admitting personnel, staff, registered nurses and nursing aides made this an easy adjustment from home to a nursing home environment. Housekeeping does an excellent job of keeping the building clean and well maintained. The laundry and maintenance departments are always willing to assist the residents, and the nursing aides are very helpful. The activities director does an excellent job with planning various and numerous activities, and then implementing them with the capable assistance of her staff. The charge nurses do an excellent job of keeping the patient's family informed of doctor's orders and other conditions that may occur. As my mother's ability to care for herself has decreased, staff from the therapy department have been assisting her in her walking, so that her mobility can be maintained. My mother, relatives, and friends have been very happy with her residence at Parklane West. Most importantly, we are always greeted with a friendly smile and hello from the receptionist and all other staff in the facility.

August 19, 2011

By bradj62

I went with a family member to look at this facility for my Mom, who is going to have to move into a retirement center soon due to illness. I was not too impressed with what I saw. Its a older facility, the furniture is kind of outdated looking, and the facilities were just not going to be up to her standards. The private rooms are very small, and have no kitchenette available, and that is important to my Mom. This is more of a assisted living facility, and we were looking for something that she would be able to be a bit more independent with. One plus I can add was that they do have furnished available, but again it's very small.

Costs for Parklane West Healthcare Center

Photos of Parklane West Healthcare Center

Services and Amenities of Parklane West Healthcare Center

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Spanish

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2020

• About Parklane West Healthcare Center

Parklane West Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in San Antonio, Texas that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Parklane West Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Parklane West Healthcare Center