Brookdale Hollywood Park

16911 San Pedro, San Antonio, TX 78232
Brookdale Hollywood Park (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 2 days

Seasons change, but your rates don't have to. Move-in by November 30, 2021, and lock in your monthly rate until 2023. Plus, get $1,000 per month off your first three months! Restrictions apply; ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Hollywood Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Hollywood Park

March 31, 2015

By Joanne35

Emeritus is a smaller facility; my father-in-law was in the assisted living part for a couple of years. They have activities, but he likes to stay in his room, read, have people watch him, and come out to eat. He is quiet, and he likes just being alone. Emeritus suits his purposes, but they seemed to be short of staff; you don’t get the response as much as you like. He is in the memory care unit, and he is getting more attention now so I would have to say we are happy with it. I really like the fact that the staff is friendly and approachable, it’s clean, and it doesn’t have a smell to it. I like the people there; the food isn’t that great, and we have known them for a few years now. If the rent increased, they get corporate services; they are increasing a certain amount and complain sometimes they can work with you on it. I would recommend it, and they just redecorated it too.

As a valued family member and resident, what you and your father-in-law think is important to us. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Your feedback is always appreciated and will be reviewed.

February 25, 2015

By daustin888

I liked Brookdale Hollywood Park. It was clean, except that I don't like the hallways. They had more hallways, not the rooms opening onto one large room. That was what I looking for, and I didn't get a good impression. The staff seemed fine, but I don't think they have as much staff. They showed me a calendar with a bunch of activities. They do bingo and crafts.

October 31, 2014

By Gladys11

I was very pleased with the staff at Emeritus. They were very courteous, and they went out of their way to answer my questions and to be there for us. Everything was just fine. It just wasn't as open as the place my father's staying at and the area wasn't conducive to being outdoors. They had activities, and they had people that came in to entertain the people, which I found to be very good.

March 27, 2014

From all the facilities we've looked at, we preferred Emeritus at Hollywood Park. It just fit all the requirements we needed and it's close to where I live. We also like their prices. The facility was very clean and very well taken care of. I went to their dining room and it is almost setup like a restaurant. The staff seemed really qualified. People were doing activities like playing cards or bridge. They have programs that went on all day long. They had shopping trips. They had in-house hair stylist, manicure, pedicure; just pretty much everything you would want. Everyone seemed to be really having a good time. Overall, it's an excellent facility and it was almost like staying at a little mini resort.

July 29, 2013

By sharonanng

My parents have lived at this facility for nearly 3 years. While the adjustment moving from a home into another life-style was difficult, they have adjusted and the current staff is caring and easy to work with. The quality and taste of the food has improved greatly in recent months and the care-givers have become friends. Additionally, the recent remodel looks lovely.. Thanks for all you do!

July 29, 2013

By Linda63014650

Mom is in Emeritus in Hollywood Park. The staff was very nice, very courteous and very pleasant to talk to and informative of what's going on. We have a good deal with them. The food is really good and the dining area is really nice. Since, they have some pretty elderly and incapacitated people in their section, there's not a whole lot of activities, but they do have bingos, dominos and cards and they have a small exercise room.

June 11, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Emeritus at Hollywood Park while searching for a suitable assisted living facility for my friend's brother. Many of his family members live in the area, so this would be an ideal place for him to live. The outer grounds looked well-kept and pleasant. The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly - which is the most important thing to the family. The interior was inviting and we could smell fresh flowers. As we walked through the building, we could see residents enjoy the many nooks and crannies where ample seating areas adorn the many windows. We saw residents of many ambulation - all of whom seemed to be well cared for, content and engaged in their lives. The many recreational activities include trips to visit the local and surrounding area cultural and entertainment hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other cultural events, like fairs and festivals. They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend. The exercise center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards. The private rooms were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes. The residents enjoy a pleasant dining experience where original the cooks create many different interesting dishes. Every resident appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, caring and attentive staff.

November 01, 2011

By jim frampton

I will be placing my spouse into this faclility tomorrow. I visited before making the decision. I found the property clean and the staff seem very engaged with the residents. The check in process was done professionally. I hope for a good relationship and very good care for my spouse.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Hollywood Park

Questions about Brookdale Hollywood Park

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Required monthly in-service along with dementia care training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Hollywood Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active residents that enjoy bingo, dominoes, and seeing live performances. Average age of our residents is 88.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Hollywood Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

B-Fit, Happy hour, chain of thought, resident outings and PAWS Animal Therapy.

What places are near Brookdale Hollywood Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Texas Road House restaurant is next door.

What transportation services does Brookdale Hollywood Park offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to doctor appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and shopping outings on Mondays.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Hollywood Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant style dining with an always available menu.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Hollywood Park offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency call system and emergency pendants.

How does Brookdale Hollywood Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Open lines of communication via telephone, in person, e-mails and news letters.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Hollywood Park during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a wonderful program which allows us to match our staffing to our current resident needs; along with a standard “safety staffing number”.

If Brookdale Hollywood Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The courtyard is available.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Required monthly in-service.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Hollywood Park provide to protect residents who wander?

Memory care community is onsite.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Hollywood Park offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Clare Bridge Daily Path and activities designed according to individual interest.

The Health and Wellness Director will assess our residents every six months unless there is a change in condition.

What techniques does Brookdale Hollywood Park use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Cueing and assistance is available when needed.

How does Brookdale Hollywood Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Open lines of communication via telephone, in person, e-mails and news letters.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Hollywood Park. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Well established high end neighborhood in Hollywood Park Texas.

Is Brookdale Hollywood Park affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Residents are able to pick their hospital of choice.

Photos of Brookdale Hollywood Park

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Hollywood Park

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Housing Extra: 62 Apartments

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• State Licenses: 0-30200

About Brookdale Hollywood Park

Brookdale Hollywood Park is an assisted living facility that provides a home-like setting. The staff are all professional and caring, and they respect the residents' independence. Residents can enjoy a peaceful setting with restaurant-style dining, activities, and beautiful views. The genuine care from the staff, as well as home-style meals, daily activities, and cultural enrichment programs provide unlimited opportunities for residents to get to know each other and the staff. There are special events for residents to attend where they can have fun through games or socializing with others in the community. Brookdale Hollywood Park offers many amenities that make it comfortable for seniors who are looking for an assisted living facility to call home. It provides assistance with bathing and dressing needs, medication management, dining assistance if needed or requested by residents, assistance with reminders or redirection when needed (such as helping residents find their way back from a walk). Brookdale Hollywood Park also offers an emergency response call system 24/7 and housekeeping services daily, including laundry services.

Map of Brookdale Hollywood Park