2 Assisted Living Facilities
The average cost of assisted living in
than the national median of
Cheaper nearby regions include
with an average starting cost of
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Seguin
out of 5 stars.
Better rated regions include
with an average rating of
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
The average cost of assisted living in Seguin is $2,700 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,345. Cheaper nearby regions include Converse with an average starting cost of $2,646.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Seguin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Seguin 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Schertz with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Seguin, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Seguin
Review of Seguin Assisted Living
Great people, Great staff, Great food. I plan my visits around the Fried chicken! The administrator is also the owner, unique in today's world. My kids raid the ice cream box upon arrival. Overal... Read more
Review of Argent Court Seguin
Very inviting place. Ate lunch there with my aunt. Food was great. Everyone was very friendly. Nice and clean rooms. Residents play bingo and go to library so they have a lot of fun things to do. Read more
Review of Argent Court Seguin
My mother-in-law is in Argent Court Seguin. The layout is done very well. It's very clean and the staff is phenomenal with their tenants. They have a menu out every day and if the resident doesn't ... Read more
Assisted Living near Guadalupe County, TX
More Options Near Seguin, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Seguin
Since 1984, Seguin, TX, has been the site of the annual Texas State High School Rodeo finals, held in June. This can be a fun event for seniors from any of Seguin's 13 assisted living communities to attend together on a day trip, or individually if health permits. Residents in Texas' assisted living facilities are in what the Texas Department of Health and Human Services classes as Type A level care, where they have room and board, plus emergency response from staff who are present 24 hours a day. Staff at these properties also help residents with the normal activities of daily living (ADLs) that have gotten too hard to do alone, such as bathing and dressing, meal prep and taking some medications.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Seguin
- Seguin has weather similar to neighboring New Braunfels, where winter lows average 38 degrees Fahrenheit in December and summer highs reach 95 degrees in August. The area northeast of San Antonio gets around 34 inches of rain a year. High pollen levels in spring and dust in the summer can be an issue for seniors with asthma or other respiratory disorders here.
- Health care costs in Seguin are around 9 percent cheaper than the national average, which can be very good news for aging citizens with chronic health needs. Independent seniors who like to shop for themselves likewise pay less than the national average in Seguin, where groceries run to only 86 percent the national average.
- Seniors pay no income tax on their pensions or retirement income in Texas, which doesn't tax wages. The state does add a sales tax of between 6.25 and 8.25 percent to ordinary goods, and there's a 20 cent gas tax that can cut into the travel budget of seniors on fixed incomes.
- Crime is up in Seguin, to just over the national rate in some categories, though violent crime rates remain low. Theft and other petty offenses are close to 20 percent more common here than in most similar-sized cities, though seniors are generally safe at home in their assisted living communities.
Connect Seguin is a deviated fixed-schedule bus service that serves the people of Seguin, TX. Seniors can ride at a discount on this service, and riders with disabilities have the option of scheduling special trips a day or more in advance.
- The Seguin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Guadalupe Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Seguin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Seguin start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Seguin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Seguin
Low-income seniors can get help paying for assisted living through STAR+PLUS, the state's Medicaid waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Seguin
Seguin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Seguin
Seguin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.