8 Assisted Living Facilities in New Braunfels, TX
The average cost of assisted living in New Braunfels is $3,851 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 54 reviews below for assisted living facilities in New Braunfels. On average, consumers rate assisted living in New Braunfels 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Seguin with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in New Braunfels, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in New Braunfels, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Braunfels
Located less than an hour's drive from bustling San Antonio, New Braunfels is home to the Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo, as well as Naegelin's, the oldest bakery in Texas. Both attractions draw in visitors from all over as well as the local residents including some of the 7,894 seniors who reside in the city. For those seniors that require specialized care, there are seven assisted living facilities located directly within the city.
In Texas, including New Braunfels, the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) regulates and oversees assisted living facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Braunfels
- New Braunfels has a high cost of living at 108.3, eight points higher than the national average of 100, with housing being the biggest factor. However, transportation, groceries and healthcare all rank lower than the average, which might be good news to seniors with their hearts set on the area.
- The New Braunfels area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Resolute Health Hospital and Heart and Vascular Institute of Texas, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in New Braunfels can take advantage of state income tax laws to maximize their retirement income. Texas does not tax seniors on their Social Security benefits, retirement savings account income or pensions.
- Although violent crime rates in New Braunfels are 16.8, six points lower than the national average of 22.7, property crime rates are much higher at 40.5, five points higher than the national average of 35.4. While assisted living facilities in this city offer security features like alarm systems and high-security locks, this may be a concern for some seniors.
- New Braunfels has fair air quality, ranking 59 on a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality. This is only one point higher than the national average of 58, but seniors may find they have an easier time breathing in New Braunfels than in other areas of Texas.
- New Braunfels hot summers may deter seniors who prefer mild temperatures. The average July high is 93 degrees and the area receives 226 sunny days per year, 21 more than the national average of 205.
Paying for Assisted Living in New Braunfels
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in New Braunfels start around $3,782 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in New Braunfels and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New Braunfels
<p xml:lang="EN-US">Qualifying seniors that reside in an assisted living facility in New Braunfels have access to two programs that may help cover nursing care and personal care services. These programs include the Star+Plus Waiver and the Community First Choice Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in New Braunfels
New Braunfels and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in New Braunfels, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Braunfels
New Braunfels-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in New Braunfels, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in New Braunfels
Review of The Blake at New Braunfels
I would give The Blake at New Braunfels a "five" on everything. It's brand new and it's beautiful. They had very, very beautiful rooms. Everything was brand new. The staff was very, very nice. They... Read more
Review of Pinnacle at Eden Hill
The Heritage at Edenhill Assisted Living had some bad reviews over time for their nursing facility. It was very old and a little outdated. They kind of went off my radar. I saw the assisted living ... Read more
Review of Vista Village
Vista Village is mostly what my mom needs; it's basically assisted living. The staff is very conscientious and very caring, they really care about their residents, and they try their best to keep e... Read more