Rio Terra Retirement

Reviews of Rio Terra Retirement

Assisted Living Reviews for Rio Terra Retirement

June 30, 2015

By Don49

They were nice at Rio Terra Retirement, and they had a special wing for patients that have Alzheimer’s and dementia, but it was too expensive for what we can afford. It was a nice facility. It just won’t work for us right now.

July 10, 2013

By Teresa17

Rio Terra was clean, conveniently close to home and of reasonable price. My mother-in-law had one bedroom with a bathroom and a small kitchen. The staff seemed to have a good attitude and was helpful. They also have medical people there. They have activities that interact with the residents. My mother-in-law liked the people and the place.

June 08, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Rio Terra assisted living facility, since we happened to be in the area. We liked the area a lot - and there are plenty of affordable accommodations for family members who visit from out of town. The grounds were spacious and well tended. We liked the vibe - it was friendly and casual, but still professionally maintained. There was plenty of staff to take care of basic needs and care of residents. The activities ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV. All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, as well. The indoor areas were all clean and bright. There is plenty of sunlight so that they do not need to use lighting when it is sunny outside. This was also true for the dwelling spaces. The activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library, movies, theaters, festivals and fairs - to day trips to nearby areas. The private rooms were decorated tastefully with a homey, light and airy atmosphere. Each unit has nice views of the surrounding area. Bathrooms were designed with safety seats and rails. The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory - to people who have memory issues. Their menus offered a variety of healthy food options. The food we saw looked nutritious, delicious and smelled really good, too. The snacks also looked interesting and healthy with a nice mix of nutritious options. We also liked that they encourage drinking plenty of fluids for healthy hydration each day. They have planned exercise classes - but also offer residents to work out any time they wish. We liked that they encourage exercise daily. This facility seemed very well maintained, with very nice staff and content residents.

July 31, 2011

By Mary's daughter

I found the staff at McKenna Village to be warm and friendly, ready to assist and answer questions that any of us might have. The facility is new and beautiful. The common rooms are lovely with spacious gathering rooms as well as a dedicated movie viewing theater, a library and computer room, and smaller nooks and corners that people can sit in to visit. The rooms were well maintained and the appliances were all new. I liked the variety of layouts, and thought there were options to accommodate many different needs. The dining room was lovely, with views of the gardens and outside patio. Servers were pleasant, and the food surpassed my expectations. We were able to view both empty (available) rooms, and rooms that residents lived in to see how furniture fit. I especially liked the shelves outside of each room that allows the residents to personalize through displaying seasonal or other decor of their choice. Beautiful art on the walls, and a general sense of calm and pleasantness filled the entire facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Rio Terra Retirement

September 30, 2014

By Jeannie4

I’d say Rio Terra Senior Living is very clean. They’re comfortable and very inviting. It seems to be very well run, very friendly, and very professional. Rio Terra is the place that we chose and we’re waiting now for an accommodation. The accommodation is very, very nice. I think it’s very adequate. The dining facility is very nice and very clean. They have exercise class, they have a sing-along, excursions to go out to eat, tours, games, and movies. The staff is very thoughtful and very friendly.

February 27, 2014

The lady who gave us the tour at Rio Terra was really warm and friendly and made us very at ease. She answered the questions quickly and doesn't say I don't know. The facility itself is really clean and modern. The people there were the same age as my parents. They weren't too old, so they felt like they would fit in. The rooms are great. I would move in myself. The dining area was really attractive. It was wide open, clean, and it didn't feel like a cafeteria. It felt like a restaurant. I know that they have a lot of activities I thought it was a very attractive, modern facility, but it had a lot of wood and it seemed warm and homey. The apartments were really nice with full kitchen that they can use as they need it.

Costs for Rio Terra Retirement

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• State Licenses: ALF # 136489

About Rio Terra Retirement

A community designed to enhance the lives and well-being of our senior residents, Rio Terra (formally McKenna Village) provides independent living, assisted living and memory care services and accommodations. Our beautiful community is located on 10 acres of manicured grounds, and sits next to a golf course and Comal Springs. Residents of our community enjoy an amazing combination of spacious accommodations, numerous amenities and world-class services.

Announcing…the Cottages at Rio Terra! Launch your retirement lifestyle in our brand new custom built homes, coming in June. With one and two bedroom floor plans, spacious kitchens and baths and an attached garage, you can live in your dream home and be able to take advantage of the luxuries of Rio Terra.

We are nestled between San Antonio and Austin in the beautiful Hill Country next to the tourist town of Gruene Texas. There are many opportunities to shop, dine and just have a good time! Rio Terra was voted the best retirement community of 2014, Best Customer Service as well and Best Place to work!

Map of Rio Terra Retirement