North Gate Health Care Facility

Reviews of North Gate Health Care Facility

Nursing Home Reviews for North Gate Health Care Facility

April 14, 2017

By seenitall

I am a 38 year old quadriplegic I have to alert with my mind three times in the last 6 months I was given the wrong medication in place of my pain medication one was a heart medication wood was the blood pressure and one was for Bowl and belly discomfort had I not had my I would have just swallowed the medication thank God I was able to look at my medications first and realize that it was the wrong medicine all I was told was the right people were disciplined my fiance was visiting me overnight one night and was harassed by employee after taking my dog outside around 1 o'clock in the morning I asked what happened to the employee that was Harassed I was never given an answer so please beware crazy crabby workers at night time just the other day I was burned in my room from a grabber that left on the heater in my room for a couple of days because of the burn my smoking privileges were taken away I can now only smoke if an employee will supervise me it really hurts to be treated like a little kid I'm a quadriplegic I can't do it really hurts when they take away all the things that you can do I guess every facility has its up and downs but with my own eyes I have witnessed people other residents setting in their own urine for hours at a time I think I would think twice about bringing a love the one here unless you have a lot of time able to come here to make sure that they are being treated with the utmost care in the seven years that I have been in a wheelchair I actually Witness worst situations in other facilities this is as good as it gets it's always a sad situation one love one has to leave home and be put into a nursing home good luck and I hope your stay is a lot smoother than mine

Thank you for expressing your feelings. It is our pleasure to care for you. We want you to know that your comments have been shared with our administrative team.

May 10, 2016

By JamesUNRMG

Everybody is really nice, and my dad is really comfortable at Northgate, so that helps. I’m most impressed probably with the way they care for the people. My dad had a couple of falls, which is to be expected because he has dementia, so he forgets to ring his bell to go the bathroom. We haven't had any problems with the care so far.

Dear James – thank you for your honest feedback regarding the care at Northgate. Your comments have been shared with our staff and they are most appreciative that you took the time to share your thoughts.

June 22, 2012

By care0313

Northgate Manor is a lovely Nursing home. From my experience they deal with short-term and long term care residents. The facility spends a great deal of time working with their staff to maintain a high quality of life for their residents. There are many activities planned throughout the week for resident enjoyment. I truly felt the Nursing Supervisor had a wonderful handle on her staff and was well respected. The Adminsitrative Office was always very professional and ready and willing to assist us with any questions/concerns we had. The food for the residents was to be expected when feeding large volumes of people, the residents liked it.

Thank you for taking the time to highlight many of the wonderful qualities about Northgate Health Care Facility. Our staff is comprised of dedicated individuals who love what they do, and it is reflected in the daily care they provide. We appreciate your feedback.

Photos of North Gate Health Care Facility

Services and Amenities of North Gate Health Care Facility

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2020

About North Gate Health Care Facility

Welcome to The McGuire Group’s family-owned Northgate Health Care Facility located in North Tonawanda, NY. Since 1981, we have been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that include inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, memory care, palliative care and respite/short-term care. This commitment has resulted in our facility continuously receiving outstanding 5-star ratings from the federal government, which rates every facility in the country. In addition, for the past five years, the NY State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. Northgate is among an elite list of facilities state-wide that has achieved the top quintile status for 5 out of 5 years, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone. Our staff welcomes you to complete an online admission application and make an appointment for a personal tour. Thank you for your interest in Northgate.

Map of North Gate Health Care Facility