St. Nicholas Home

Reviews of St. Nicholas Home

Assisted Living Reviews for St. Nicholas Home

January 30, 2014

By tammymae

I would not consider St. Nicholas Home for my mother. We were referred to this facility by a place for mom. When we arrived for our scheduled appointment with the administrator, we were asked to wait for her in the recreation room. During our wait, which was around 25 minutes, we knew this was not going to be a place for our mom. A lot of residents were sleeping even though it was only 10:30am. The room smelled of urine and most of the residents looked like they were not being taken care of (dirty clothes, uncombed hair, and some were were missing teeth. Most were sleeping which was odd as it was 10:30am. A staff person was playing a board game with one resident ignoring the rest until a male and a female resident got into a loud argument over what channel to watch. The administrator offered no apology for keeping us waiting so long and seem to have an unpleasant demeanor towards the residents. While showing us around, she did not say hello to any residents or staff. A distraught looking resident asked the administrator if she could speak with her right away. We said that would be fine with us but the administrator told the resident that she could call her assistant to set up a meeting later in the day as she was in the middle of a tour. If she wanted to sell us, she would of met with this resident showing she had a heart. We were quite disappointed with a place for mom for referring us to such a terrible place.

April 18, 2012

By col222

I was very happy with the overall condition of St. Nicholas Home. My grandmother was a resident here and she was happy with it as well. The rooms were clean and provided the basics that residents would need, including a small bedroom and bathroom. Most time is not spent in the room because there is a downstairs area with television and more. The staff members were always very friendly and got along well with my grandma and my family. Residents received all of their meals here and a variety of activities were offered daily to keep the residents busy, including bingo, dancing, and more. Many residents are also allowed to leave the facility during the day if they would like and can be checked out by family members if leaving for several days. Overall, I would definitely recommend this assisted living facility for anyone who is looking to stay here.

Services and Amenities of St. Nicholas Home

• Pets: All Pets

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About St. Nicholas Home

St. Nicholas Home is a senior living provider in Brooklyn, New York that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact St. Nicholas Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of St. Nicholas Home