Sunrise of Basking Ridge

404 King George Road, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Sunrise of Basking Ridge (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 26 days

Please ask about our March Special Incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Basking Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Basking Ridge

November 06, 2016

By visitor808676

Sunrise was really nice, but we can’t afford it. It was nice, but my father is functioning well, and it was not a good fit for him. The staff was great. The rooms were small, but nice and clean. The dining room was nice. It was very close for me, and it would be a nice place to stay, if you could afford it.

July 11, 2016

By Visitor460543

Sunrise impressed me for my mom. I like their approach to dealing with their memory care residents and the fact that they acknowledge that people tended to hoard. And there was a beautiful little cabinet with colorful balls and flowers where the residents were free to collect these colorful items, and they would go into the rooms and recollect them later at night and put them back in these drawers. They also don’t lock their rooms; they respect the resident’s wishes to be able to go in and out of their rooms. I like Sunrise. It was a little busy and a little crowded but full of light. They did not have any openings at the time.

March 17, 2015

By Kim N.

We were very pleased with Sunrise at Basking Ridge. The staff was very pleasant, and they have a dog and a cat on staff. It is just very homey, and they have a dining room when you first walk in that is set up like a café. Then they have the main dining room where they can go and sit at, the main sitting rooms, and the game rooms -- it is set up like an old Victorian home. They've got a porch with rockers, and they have the different options for rooming for my mom. She probably would have a microwave or a kitchenette, but they have those options. She can have a roommate or not have a roommate, or have a suite and have two bedrooms in it. It was a very nice setting and a nice facility in a very nice area. I really do like it, and we will probably be utilizing this facility. It was also very clean.

November 17, 2014

By Barbara101832450

It's been a year since I moved into Sunrise of Basking Ridge. I have a wonderful apartment with a living room, a bedroom, and bathroom. I sit at the dining table with three very wonderful women. The food is pretty good, and there is always something that you could eat. If you don’t like the food on the menu, you can always get a hamburger or a cheese omelet. There are always many choices available. They have a lot of activities, and just today we had musicians who sing songs and played the piano for us. We also have different games too. We also have movies, and then we also take walks. They have a lot of special activities. I find the staff to be extremely competent. I have the same two people with me every morning, and they can get me showered and dressed.

March 31, 2014

I chose Sunrise because it is close to where I live, so I can go there and see them. I also like that it is small, and I did hear that it is a nice place. It is pretty and cozy. However, I think there should be more caregivers than what they have.

October 28, 2013

By Tammy3

I like Sunrise of Basking Ridge very well. Their rooms were nice. The setups were nice. They have Medicaid beds and they also have the ability that you can put a room on hold if you're not ready to move in. It would probably be a good option for my mom. The staff was really nice. Actually that was one of the things I like about this place. It seemed like people got really good care there. At the time of my visit, somebody was unhappy and mad about something. However, the staff, who was dealing with me at that time, was very good with that individual in terms of addressing her problem and dealing with the issue so that she was satisfied. They dealt with her very politely and treated her very well. They addressed her problem. I like how they dealt with the situation. From what I saw, as a whole, this was a really good place. I like it a lot. I would put my mother there.

September 20, 2013

By Barbara69014850

I am at Sunrise Senior Living for almost two weeks now. It is my choice because it is close to where my family lives and they offer all the services I need. What I like best in this facility is the level of care. I'm in a wheelchair and I need a lot of care. The staff bends over backwards to accommodate me. They give me as much time and attention as I need. My apartment is wonderful. The meals are very good and the offer too many desserts.

April 30, 2013

I was looking for an assisted living facility for a friend when I visited this facility. We chose this because it's convenient for my mom to visit her. They're very easy to deal with. They're accommodating and very nice. Their rooms are modern, plain and ample in size. They have a very nice and good quality dining room. The facility is clean and new. They have activities every afternoon.

April 13, 2012

By haitianchica

We were looking for a facility that gave my grandparents an opportunity to stay together as a couple. Sunrise did just that for them they have immaculate rooms. Sunrise Basking Ridge was a beautiful resort like setting with a dab of elegancy which was why we chose it. It gave us a home feeling and not a hospital like setting as the previous assisted living we visited. My grandparents were looking forward to making new senior friends and when we visited with them they took part in a dancing class. They seemed so happy already so we decided this would be where they would spend the remainder of their life. The employees were quite kind and had beautiful personalities which are another thing we were looking for. When dealing with the elder one must have a great heart, a lot of patience, and a great attitude which they portrayed while we were there. Their bedroom included their own living area, television, personal bathroom, and beautiful bedroom. The amenities if I can recall included 24 hour staff, weekly laundry, daily housekeeping, daily activities such as fitness instructions, dance class, art classes, etc. They have been living there for nearly two years and the family visits twice a week. I can honestly say there is nothing I find negative about Sunrise in Basking Ridge, New Jersey.

July 30, 2011

By DearMolly

I happen to be very familiar with Sunrise of Basking Ridge because I have multiple relationships with the institution. Firstly, my Grandmother is eighty-nine, has Alzheimer's disease, and is a resident there. Secondly, I spent two years volunteering at Sunrise to complete a high school honors class requirement.The facilities are top-of-the-line and Sunrise has a very at-home atmosphere. Each resident is given their own room, no doubles, as well as a care-provider that attends to them and only two other people. Because of this, I actually never heard of any residents complaining about service during my time there. Also, there is a very nice dining room and numerous places for lounging and recreational activities. One of which is a an area where different activities such as bingo, raffles, and other games are held that most of the members seem to really enjoy. Outside is a very scenic walk around the complex and there are actually cats and dogs living on the premise as well.As far as the staff, as I said I've never received anything, but raving results. I followed many around as part of my duties during volunteering and I saw a genuine passion to care for the residents. They all knew each by name and greeted them with a smile. No complaints what so ever.Lastly, the thing that I found most impressive was the transportation provided for residents. There are multiple buses, that Sunrise owns, that take residents to church, shopping, and basically what ever is possible to be planned. Overall, I feel it is an extremely fine institution that truly cares about the people it is caring for.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Basking Ridge

Questions about Sunrise of Basking Ridge

What places are near Sunrise of Basking Ridge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Dewy Meadow shopping center is located across the street from the community. Residents can enjoy: Dunking Donuts, Frozen Falls, O'Bagel, Café Figaro, Foxy nail salon, and a Japanese restaurant just to name a few places.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Basking Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

Weekly scheduled bus trips: Supermarket, church, shopping, lunch, etc...

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Basking Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

There are pull cords in each apartment. Residents can also wear a pendant around their neck.

How does Sunrise of Basking Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Assisted Living Coordinator and Reminiscence Coordinator calls each family monthly with updates.

If Sunrise of Basking Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We encourage our residents to bring their cats/dogs when they move in. We have a fenced-in garden at the back of the building.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Basking Ridge provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a secured memory care neighborhood.

Our Resident Care Director who is a licensed RN completes an assessment prior to moves in, after the first 30 days, and approximately every 6 months or if there is a change in condition.

Is Sunrise of Basking Ridge affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Hospital & Robert Wood Johnson in Somerset are the three hospitals that our residents go to.

Photos of Sunrise of Basking Ridge