Cedarhurst of St. Charles

Reviews of Cedarhurst of St. Charles

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedarhurst of St. Charles

July 11, 2021

By Diane

I went to Cedarhurst of St. Charles. It was beautiful, gorgeous, but kind of empty. They don't have enough residents now, I guess, and it's expensive. The staff was helpful, friendly, and accommodating because I didn't have an appointment. I just walked in and they were happy to give me the information I needed in the amount of time I had. The dining area was clean, light, and airy, and there were lots of windows. It was just out of our budget.

Hello Diane, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you or questions we can answer. We'd love to hear from you. Have a great day!

January 26, 2021

By Susie

I'm not really happy with Cedarhurst. I was not told they had an active COVID case. And when I got there, the director said, "Oh yeah, it's not a big deal, we had everybody tested. We don't think it's a problem." I have cancer, and when I called back they had multiple, multiple cases, and was ongoing, not only Cedarhurst, but also the director and everybody else. And basically, I exposed myself to COVID by going. So it would have been really nice for her to say, "We have an active case right now, you might wanna reconsider coming to see us. Let us give you a virtual tour." I didn't see the food, and didn't even see a menu. The facility looked good, but the halls were very dark. They have no windows. The room had a mini-fridge.

Susie, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Please contact us so we can work with you to make this right.

April 07, 2020

By GA

Cedarhurst of St. Charles was beautiful, and they had very caring staff. It's a very wonderful option. The rooms were very spacious and very beautiful.

GA, Thank you for the kind words! We are all very proud of our community. You are welcome here, anytime! Many Thanks, Gerri

March 16, 2020

By KJ

Cedarhurst of St. Charles was a good community and the tour was wonderful. The staff was very informative, they took me around and the place was very clean. It looks like a home more and the apartment did not feel like a nursing home, we really liked it. Our concern was about the memory part. Although I like it because it was very clean and I know it has to be locked down and it was good, there weren't a lot of rooms for the residents to do anything beyond that closed wall. They have the common areas but it was more geared towards the institutional stuff. The staff who accommodated me were wonderful, they showed me both the studio and the apartment type rooms. We have a husband and wife who needs assisted living and the other one needs memory care, and we wanted to know if they can be together.

KJ, Thank you for your positive feedback! I am happy to hear that your visit was a great experience! We take pride in serving our residents with a friendly smile, every day. Many Thanks!

April 19, 2019

By Kathleen

My mom is happy at Cedarhurst of St. Charles. The community is really caring and she has a lot of activities and things to do. She feels really comfortable and safe there. The staff brings medications, sometimes tidies up Mom's room and changes her linens, and reminds her of activities. She plays dominoes, wheelchair volleyball, Bingo, and they have a poetry club, movies and happy hour. The rooms are all kinds, but my mom has a studio plus.

December 28, 2017

By Cheryl

Cedarhurst is very clean and has immediate availability and good-sized rooms. They have a Lutheran service, which is a nice option. They have a small, brand-new library. The community is fine.

Memory Care Reviews for Cedarhurst of St. Charles

Costs for Cedarhurst of St. Charles

Photos of Cedarhurst of St. Charles

Services and Amenities of Cedarhurst of St. Charles

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

About Cedarhurst of St. Charles

St. Charles is a vibrant community offering the perfect blend of American frontier charm and world class modern-day amenities. Historic Main Street St. Charles is the launching point for Lewis and Clark’s famous cross country adventure, and today is a mecca for shopping, dining and unparalleled seasonal events. Or visit the Streets of St. Charles for a modern twist on family fun. Both offer mini-getaways when family comes to visit and are only minutes from your new home at Cedarhurst of St. Charles.

With 76 assisted living apartments and 24 residences equipped for memory care services, Cedarhurst of St. Charles is specifically designed with the best interests of our residents in mind. Individualized care plans are created for each individual based on his or her needs. That way the value of your days spent in the Cedarhurst of St. Charles community is as outstanding as possible.

Cedarhurst of St. Charles is more than just a place to live — it’s a thriving community. We have scheduled group and individual activities to foster fun, friendship, independence, and enjoyment among our residents, but also encourage people to make their own experiences based on their passions and dreams.

Assisted Living

Three home-cooked meals a day, maintenance and housekeeping staff at your disposal, private independent living in a gorgeous space, and as much enjoyment as you can handle, as well as expert care to complete daily tasks that may have become more challenging with age.

Memory Care

A completely customized experience for those who may be living with memory loss. From daily individual therapy and support to group activities and exercises, we have specifically designated memory care apartment spaces to meet your unique needs.

Family Involvement

It’s up to our residents how much they’d like their family to be involved in their lives at Cedarhurst. All of our activities throughout the day are open to family members and friends. We welcome the feedback from a resident’s personal support network about what experiences would be most valuable for an individual and we are more than willing to partner with a family caregiver for certain services when it benefits our residents.

Every member of the Cedarhurst team cherishes the people they serve and the care they provide. Our work is approached with love.

Map of Cedarhurst of St. Charles