Medilodge of Port Huron

Reviews of Medilodge of Port Huron

Nursing Home Reviews for Medilodge of Port Huron

July 15, 2016

By Furious family member

My loved one suffered a stroke and went to Medilodge for rehab. We are looking for a new home for him due to poor care and terrible communication between nurses and staff, doctors and staff, staff and staff, and staff and families. They do not encourage residents to have a routine to attempt a normal life, and they do NOTHING to encourage independence of the residents. They will not allow any form of restraint (safety belt for wheel chair, bed rails) yet they refuse to allow their staff to use of a commode chair due to "safety" concerns. My loved one is fully aware and can communicate toileting needs, and simple want s to maintain some dignity and use a toilet, yet the staff refuse to assist him. They instruct him to go in his diaper, or they simply ignore him long enough so he can't hold it any longer. He has terrible rashes and pain on his bottom because he sits in his soiled garments sometimes for hours day after day. He has no toileting schedule for staff assistance, no consistency, nothing of the sort, and struggles to gain attention to address his needs constantly. The aides and nursing staff are mostly kind and caring people, but they are understaffed, under trained, and mismanaged. There are no systems in place for communicating needs or fostering routines and independence of the residents. My loved one sits in his wheel chair alone most of the time, trying to scooch out of his seat because his bottom is raw and painful. He is not taken to activities or offered tools for simple hygiene needs (toothbrush, shaver, comb). He continuously has food served to him that is inappropriate for his health needs. Medilodge port Huron is a holding cell basically for people who have needs beyond what their loved ones can manage at their own homes. Management needs to clean house!

April 15, 2012

By Trudy53

my aunt has only been there for 1 month, I have found the staff to be exceptional, I have yet to go there and see any patient upset or sitting alone. The staff always make eye contact when speaking to a patient. Whenever I phone in the nurses always take time to speak to me and reassure me that all is well, i never feel they are rushed to get me off the phone.

About Medilodge of Port Huron

Medilodge of Port Huron is a senior living provider in Fort Gratiot, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Medilodge of Port Huron for more details on services and rates.

Map of Medilodge of Port Huron