KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

402 S Martinson St, Wichita, KS 67213
KMH (Kansas Masonic Home) (800) 385-2527

Reviews of KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

Assisted Living Reviews for KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

November 02, 2017

By Theresa

They treat the elders with respect at Kansas Masonic Home. Whatever you could want, they try to make it happen. They serve three meals. The dining room is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., but they have an anytime menu. Residents can eat as much as they want and they can even order extra stuff with their regular meals. It's really nice. They have crafts, Bingo, and a kitchen area where they can cook stuff, including baked goods. They usually have one or two outings a week where they go to the grocery store, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, and Walmart. The residents just have to sign up. The grounds are very pretty and they have a very nice courtyard. They have nature walks that they do together as a group. The staff is very caring.

October 30, 2017

By life is too short

When my mom moved in here to the memory care facility we really hoped it was everything that we were shown on the tour, but as time , 6 months maybe, went by, it's turning out to be a disappointment. They have staff issues that I believe to be the cause of everything negative that we've encountered & still are. There is more times than not that absolutely not even 1 staff member can be found on the whole unit. Now there's staff turnover & none of them are friendly. They don't know who is wandering in who's room at any given moment taking "whatever". And if you ever were to have an emergency & needed to call that floor, forget it! Leave messages but they don't/won't call back for nothing. They are definitely unorganized & need to hire more reliable & trained staff for that unit. Those folks require more looking after at the very least. My mom has lived there almost 2 years & nothing happens any more like activities, outings, I've been told they could/would get her to the Church service just downstairs but it hasn't happened. It's getting out of hand & it is very expensive. They deserve much better care. Housekeeping wasn't even taking place unless it was brought up. Thank goodness for the folks that have some one looking out for them. We've had terrible experience with even maintenance. Takes them forever to fix anything, I even paid for & replaced light for shower. My mom used to like it but now she feels like she's not wanted there, & can't keep other wandering tenants out of her room. Plus she doesn't know any of the staff anymore. Not good for memory care. We're really hoping that things stabilize soon, because moving her again was NOT on our agenda, but.........

Dear family member, thank you for your review and for your feedback. We rely on caring family members like you providing us with feedback and giving our team the opportunity to improve in any way we can. We apologize for the experience you are having, and we would value the opportunity to sit down with you to discuss each of your concerns with the end-goal of making changes to address your observations. If you could contact our team to schedule a meeting or a call about your mother's situation we would appreciate it - please email Jennifer at jgragg@kmh.org and she can set up an appointment or a call time with our Assisted Living Director. We look forward to speaking with you and working to resolve these issues and challenges.

May 26, 2017

By renea638203

Kansas Masonic was close to my home, and the rooms at the memory and assisted living were fancy, nice and roomy, with a bed, a bathroom, and a kitchenette. They had a big dining room, and they built the floors to look like a house so when you walked in, the rooms were in a so-called house, but it was a façade of a house when you walked in the door. The people were also great in explaining things to us.

March 30, 2017

By Jeff W381235

Kansas Masonic Home was a nice big place. It had a beautiful eating area, and the gathering room was nice. The people were extremely friendly. It's a little bit older building, but it had been remodeled, and it was beautiful inside. The lady who assisted me was excellent and helped me understand everything about the place. The rooms were beautiful. It's a Masonic home, but you don’t have to be a Mason to be a resident.

November 08, 2016

By Leti L.

My mother went to skilled nursing at Kansas Masonic Home, and I was not pleased with it at all. The food was good, but the staff was not very accommodating, and it was just a sad place. They were unorganized, and the staff wasn't very kind. In fact, I filed a formal complaint against one of the RNs because she was cruel, not just to my mother, but to me on the phone. I asked her to check on my mother's phone, and she said to me "I'm not a secretary." That's not very kind, and my mother complained about her also. I didn't even consider having Mother go into assisted living there.

Leti, thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry for your experience and for your mother’s experience during her stay at KMH’s rapid recovery, and I am disappointed to hear that we have staff treating anyone unkindly. While I hope this was an isolated incident, I have shared your review with our KMH staff as well as with our rehabilitation partner to bring your experience to their attention and to help ensure other residents do not have the same experience. If you would like to discuss the details related to your review so that we can specifically address your experience with our team, please contact me at 316-269-7561. Thank you, Larry Nanny COO, KMH

November 03, 2016

By Donald L

My mother is a resident there. Over the last 2 years, she has had an excellent experience. The facility is very nice, always clean, homey, and the staff is great. They truly care for the residents. We could not be happier. It is such a blessing to know that our mother is in such good hands, especially when we're so far away from Wichita.

October 26, 2016

By Marymae

Although many of the employees providing direct care are doing their best, the facility is understaffed and therefore unable to provide quality care to any of the residents. My loved one who lives there, regularly waits 15-20 minutes for someone to respond to her need for help.

October 30, 2015

By Jamie11

The environment at Kansas Masonic Home was nice. I have eaten there, and the food was pretty good. They had an indoor swimming pool and a chapel. My father is a Mason, and they have Masonic meetings right there in the building. Some of the rooms were a little small. They would go out shopping once in a while. The staff, the nurses, the CNAs, and the therapists were very caring. They did a really good job trying to keep the building up, and they definitely put the clients' needs first.

July 29, 2013

By Marvin3

I found exactly what I wanted. Right now I'm in an independent living here in Masonic Home which is open for everyone. If I need assisted, I'll go into assisted and if I ever need full time,I'll go to full time. I chose Masonic Homes because it is price wise. I'm in a nice apartment with one bedroom with about 390 square feet. It's small but for one person it is fine. I've got a full kitchen, I've got a nice dining area which also a part of the living room and I have a walk in tub. The staff is excellent and the people here are friendly. I like this community. They have programs. I just came because Friday is our day out. We went out to eat at Western's Sizzlers. My monthly fee is $300 because I don't eat any meals. If I go and eat in the cafeteria, its $11 for breakfast, $10 for lunch and $8 something for dinner. But they charge $30 a day when you into assisted living for a the meal. But if I get my sons or my daughters or grandkids eat over there, it is $8 a piece and they put it on your next month's bill. You don't have to pull it out of your pocket that day.

May 09, 2012

By jenay franklin

Well one of the times out of many when I visited. A old lady with a walker was going down the hall and one of the staff members who was leaving a room turn around and as he shut the door caught the old lady as she lost her footing and was falling. I wa tottall impressed and relieved that he caught her. I was to far away to get to her in time. that pacific staff worker is one of the most kindness and big hearted people ive ever met. most of theworkers there that ive seen are. i really enjoy it. i personally cant wait til i can move in. lol

Independent Living Reviews for KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

Nursing Home Reviews for KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

Costs for KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

Cost of Nursing Home

Services and Amenities of KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

• Pool

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: N087055

• Nursing Home Starting At: $7440/month
  • Get Costs

About KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

The Towers, an independent living facility at Kansas Masonic Home, provides residents with a variety of apartment sizes and floor plans. The Towers features a grand entrance with a 30' ceiling and stone fireplace. Residents will enjoy the ice cream parlor, concierge services, and elegant gathering space, as well as fine dining on campus and many opportunities to socialize. The apartments include full kitchens with dishwashers, microwaves, range, and full-size refrigerators. Kansas Masonic Home is one of the most prestigious senior living facilities in the Kansas City area because it offers a variety of amenities to suit any lifestyle preference or need.

Map of KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)

KMH (Kansas Masonic Home)